“Another great weekend at the Revelstoke”
Review of Revelstoke Hotel

Revelstoke Hotel
Ranked #31 of 117 Bridlington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed here 16th 17th 18th March and could not find fault with the place, staff/ food/ rooms/ bar... Fantastic, Reading other comments on how cold some people were in their rooms, I find it hard to believe, I wore Tee shirts all weekend in the hotel without a shiver.
there is always something going on got to be the best hotel in the area, the Sunday club well thats great, seeing everybody enjoying themselves,,, brilliant well done to all the people involved.......Yes we will be back

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I had a good feeling about the hotel from the minute I made our booking when I spoke with Kashia. She was very friendly and helpful and answered all my questions without making me feel as though I was a nuisance. I was not to be disappointed.

Mum and I stayed at the Revelstoke Hotel for a short break last week, whilst visiting friends in Bridlington. The first thing that we noticed when we arrived was how charming the décor is. The reception area, restaurant, and bar area all look new and very tasteful. Our room was very nicely decorated with heavy drapes and bedspreads and matching wallpaper, carpets and cushions.

The second thing we noticed was how friendly the staff were. The owner and all the staff we came in to contact with were welcoming and seemed genuinely keen to make our stay as comfortable as possible. We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner there. We had a tasty full English breakfast, although there were plenty of different options to choose from. The breakfast was extremely generous and we asked them to make it smaller the next morning! Lunch was very good value for money and our evening meal was delicious.

Thirdly, it is the cleanest hotel we have ever stayed in; it was spotless.

We fully recommend this hotel and would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2012

The Revelstoke Hotel is absolutely beautiful, the staff are warm & friendly & the whole place is kept immaculate. My wife & I often drive up to the hotel from Hull on a Sunday for the carvery, it is the best carvery we have ever had. The whole place has a lovely atmosphere to it, we went for a Mothers Day carvery last Sunday & my eldest step daughter (who is very particular) said when she gets married she would love to have the reception at The Revelstoke Hotel. We also attend the 'scooter rally' weekend each October & spend the majority of the weekend in the hotel, where they have great bands playing on both the Friday & Saturday night.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Staff have bad manners don't know how to treat customers apart from Mark he was very helpful and kind, were as the owner shouts and argues with you and calls people liars would never return here again if it was the last place to stay in Bridlington 3 star hotel I'd give it -50 star all there bothered about is lining there pockets I still can't believe he called me a liar I was polite and just had a complaint about the heating not being on and it been cold in the bedroom and the owner just started arguing with me no apology no nothing I am still disgusted with how I was treated and I've been home 3 days

Room Tip: Don't go into room 210 it's dated and cold
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carol C
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We had a wonderful time at the wedding reception at the hotel our trouble started the next morning when my son made a complaint about no heating on his room , it came on about 8 o clock in morning they were treated like liars the management were very rudeall but one (mark) but the rest of the management need to learn people skills would never stay there again but only because of the behaviour of the management the rest of the staff were lovely

Room Tip: dont stay in 210 bed a 4 poster squeaks when you sneeze radiator works when it wants
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank andrea990
Reviewed 14 February 2012

This was the first time we have stayed at the Revelstoke Hotel in Bridlington. My husband and I travelled up from Kent for a family wedding. From the moment we entered reception to check in until the moment we left on Sunday we were made to feel special. Without exception all staff were friendly, efficient, very helpful and professional. We would like to make a special mention and say thank you to Adrian, Kashi and Mark. Our room was elegantly decorated and the wedding reception went very smooth, fun and efficient. We must mention the dinner we had on Friday night, it was superb. Great taste, great presentation, great portions, great prices. Thank you everyone for making our stay so special. We look forward to seeing you again very very soon. Lorraine and John

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JGDS
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Myself and my boyfriend went to visit my family last weekend and stayed here for 2 nights, The staff were halpful as we had a late check in, and overall the hotel was nice, little expensive but very comfortable and clean. However on our last morning in the hotel we woke up to no electric, my boyfriend informed reception who then sent a maintainance man to come and flick the switch in the electric cupboard which was sealed inside our wardrobe, on doing so all of our lights blew up with a flash, but then bagan to work again. We were late checking out due to this but the hotel staff were lovely and didn't rush us. Since returning home from staying here I have received a call from the hotel owner saying we will be charged and taken to court for the damage done to their lights. I explaind (calmly) what had happened that previous morning, and he denied all knowledge, and said we are liable for charges. I am totally disgusted and infuriated and recommend anyone planning on staying here to re consider!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank robyn g
revelstokehotel, Manager at Revelstoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

I only wish the readers could see the damage that was caused to the wall light fittings.