“Last minute dining experience at the Revelstoke in Bridlington”
Review of Revelstoke Hotel

Revelstoke Hotel
Ranked #31 of 118 Bridlington B&B and Inns
Brighouse, England, United Kingdom
“Last minute dining experience at the Revelstoke in Bridlington”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Group of four adults looking for a table without a reservation (holiday in the area and have passed many times but not eaten in this restaurant). There was a party of ten already dining with another party of ten having drinks prior to dining. Two group bookings speaks volumes for the reputation and/or standard of food and we weren't disappointed. We all had steaks, which were cooked to perfection and the wine was reasonably priced too.

We will definately eat here again.........Give it a try

Andy & Clare (Brighouse)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Hotel is ok but not worth £85. Good location, good sized room but decor a tad in need of a spruce up. Nice pies in the bar and cheap, didn't eat a meal though. Not enough parking but you do get a permit for on street parking. Entertainment at night a bit average on the night we went. Overall not bad but there's better at cheaper.

Room Tip: Room 203 on front with sea view but scaffolding right outside at the moment!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tony M
Bingley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My name is David Potts and I am the secretary of The Sycamores Golf Society.
I have been taking my society to the Revelstoke Hotel for the past three years and I can say that my society members and I are totally satisfied with all aspects of this hotel. The staff are fantastic, the entertainment too, the rooms are very clean and tidy as was the rest of the hotel, and the breakfast just sets you up for the day ahead. Adrian the owner is a great guy and will deal with any problems that may occur, but nothing has had to be sorted in the time that I've been there. We went at the begining of July and I re-booked while I was there for next year, and all my members are looking forward to it. I would recommend this hotel 100%. Many thanks for making our trip to the Revelstoke so memorable.

Bradford
Reviewed 1 August 2012

As a member of the Sycamores Golf Society 12 of us stayed for 2 nights in July 2012. We've stayed here before and, yet again we were not dissappointed. From the friendly staff, room cleanliness and quality and the superb breakfast, all our expectations were exceeded. Good bar facilities serving a range of popular beers and lagers. Bar snacks looked good if required. Overall no complaints at all and we've already booked for next year. Thanks Adrian and Keeley.

Room Tip: I've stayed there 3 times and each time my room was good.Corner suites are large and sunny
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We enjoyed our stay, we stayed in a family room right at the top of the hotel, it was really big and so was the bathroom! we had a double bed and a single, my only complaint is the double was very small, but it was very comfortable. we paid £75 including breakfast for this room, we were very happy to pay this as it was great value for money (2 adults and a 2yr old) the receptionist was very very helpful and accomodating, i cant remember her name but she said she was from Poland.
The breakfast was very nice and the whole place was very very clean, we would definetley recommend it and we would stay here again next time we come to Brid

Room Tip: we had a sea view right at the top of the building, i dont think there is a lift
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We have stayed in a lot of hotels, both here and abroad and really couldn't fault this one (apart from the pillows, perhaps, which we are both rather fussy about, and I always take my own anyway).

The staff simply could not have been more friendly, helpful, and on the ball. This was one of the VERY few hotels who actually read my request for 'no feathers in the room', acted on it, and discussed it with me on our arrival without my having to ask - and also checked within the hour that everything was all OK.

The room was very comfortable - spotlessly clean, spacious, and well furnished, and as a bonus, the windows opened to a normal arc. Bed was comfy, and it was nice to have two sheets as well as the duvet. There was even a small, wall-mounted, air-conditioning unit which had not been advertised.

The food was way beyond our expectations: all my requests (I have allergies) were catered for with a smile, and everything was 100% correct - and delicious! I had the BEST bacon roll for breakfast that I can remember ever having, anywhere. It was not on the menu, but they were perfectly happy to make one for me. Tea was plentiful, hot and a good strength. Bar snacks were promptly made, tasty and hot.

If we are ever in Bridlington again, this is where we will stay! :)

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Start by saying the staff, all the staff, at this hotel were fantastic and went out of their way to help and were very friendly.
Poor Poor value for money, £80 per night for a room we couldn't swing a cat in, no shampoo or conditioner, no biscuits with the tea coffee, very tight with the sugar as well. fridge in room but had to pay extra.NO BREAKFAST INCLUDED IN PRICE. We were offered breakfast at £15 pp. When actually they served breakfast in the ajoining pub, same establishment as the hotel, for £2.99. They offer deals for golfer for 2 nights with bed and breakfast as well as golfing for £156. We were attending a wedding in this hotel so why were there no deals for wedding guests.

1 Thank lananick
, Owner at Revelstoke Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
The suggestion that breakfast is charge at £15.00per person is not correct. Breakfast is supplemented at £7.50pp when booking a room only tariff which is served in the restaurant at a clothed table with cereals, fruit, OJ, full English or continental breakfast, toast and tea & coffee, all of which is unlimited for the price. Breakfast in the BAR area starts from £2.99 and is limited in size and is also individually priced. As regards the other comments I can only say that, had the guest asked for anything extra to what is included in the room only tariff our friendly & helpful staff would have provided them.

Bathroom products, tea coffee and biscuits are provided in all our rooms daily and are complimentary. Deals are available for guests attending weddings when we have excess availability and the duration of the stay is more than one night.