“Lovely place yummy food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 195 Restaurants in Bridlington
Price range: US$5 - US$7
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We are the Wish Cat Cafe which was The Rowan Tree for many years. We specialise in gluten free freshly prepared food served on lovely pretty china in our delightfully pretty and quirky cafe with a fabulous secret garden courtyard for those lazy brunches or relaxing afternoon teas. Pets and children very welcome.
“Lovely place yummy food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

I've been several times in the last month. Lovely coffee, very nice cakes which are a little different. I love the savoury specials for lunch which are served with a variety of delicious salads. my favourite has been the vegi scotch egg which id love the recipe for if the owners are reading. My daughter had a burger which was gorgeous. The only thing I'd improve is the terrace garden. Invest in some nice table and chairs as the plastic ones detract from the ambience.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank clarabell77

bridlington
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

I had read all the good reviews and thought we would give it a try, coffee fine, but the toasted teacakes were a bit dry, a bit overcooked and my pet hate... came on a plate with two wrapped butter pats. My daughter liked the rocky road and the little biscuits were a nice touch, but for three small coffees, teacakes as decribed and a piece of rocky road I dont think it was presented well enough to warrant an £11.00 price tag.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rosebudBridlington
Anne I, Owner at The Wish Cat Cafe, responded to this review, 28 August 2016
This review is not The Wish Cat Cafe but for the previous cafe in this location.
Bridlington, United Kingdom
“Good eating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Great quality food - home cooked and made by the owners.
Have been eating out here since its opening and always a delight to dine here. Have you tried one of their themed nights? Lovely courtyard garden to rear.

Visited March 2013
Bridlington
“One of the best cafes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

My daughter and I often go to the Rowan Tree. We love it.. All the food is home made, all fresh and of very good quality. My daughter can only eat gluten free and gets gluten free bread and gluten free roulade which is so big we have to share it. Wonderful herbal teas and hot chocolate. Best cafe in Bridlington.

• Visited June 2013
York
“Just the right sort of cafe for me.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

Lovely looking homemade food, interesting events advertised, generous coffee, eclectic music, nice independent style. More Brockley than Bridlington - that's a compliment!

Visited June 2013