“Amazing fish and chips!”

Naked Fish (no Longer The Naked Fish!)
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a family run traditional fish and chip shop , we have been established in Bridlington for 36 years we , was originally on hilderthorpe road , but have moved now to 22 bridge street .
Darton, United Kingdom
“Amazing fish and chips!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

When looking for a fish and chips to have for lunch in Bridlington we thought we would have a look on Tripadvisor before deciding on one of the many cafes/restaurants on offer. Having read the good reviews we gave it a try and was so glad we did! They are the best fish and chips either of us have ever had! The batter was perfect, not too soggy or too oily, just lovely and light. The fish was really fresh and the chips were amazing, nice and crispy! Tasty tartar sauce and the mushy peas were nice too (I'm normally not a big fan of mushy peas but they were nice, not too mushy!). We would both definitely recommend this to anyone looking for some F&C's in Brid! And at 2 (meals) for £14 - well worth it!

• Visited April 2014
patrickBridlington, Manager at Naked Fish (no Longer The Naked Fish!), responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Thank you for your kind review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your meal with us and we look forward to seeing you again before too long,
Patrick

Pontefract, United Kingdom
“Best seafood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Me and my partner ordered lobster and prawns, scallops in garlic mussels in a wine sauce and a small fish and chips. The meal was amazing really cheap but quality food will definitely be coming back soon!

• Visited April 2014
patrickBridlington, Manager at Naked Fish (no Longer The Naked Fish!), responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for posting such a kind review of your recent meal with us. I'm pleased you enjoyed it and we hope to see you again soon,
Patrick
Hexham, United Kingdom
“Pescatory benevolence.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

To mark to occasion of our son's 6th birthday, my beautiful wife arranged a dinner at the Naked Fish in Bridlington, where we were staying for weekend. The quality of the meal was superb. Fresh, simple and superlative as the best seafood always is. The experience was further complimented by magnanimity of the host, Patrick. He not only saw to our every need, but went above and beyond with generosity. Typically, if a restauranteur sees a family approaching with three children under 6, they seek to mitigate potential chaos and seat everyone in Siberia. We were seated in the front of the restaurant, brought a delicious meal, and treated like royalty. The food alone merits Naked Fish as worthwhile stop at a reasonable price. The service elevated the entire experience significantly. We left with satiated appetites and smiles on our faces. I couldn't give a more ringing endorsement that that.

“Rated Fish ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

After trudging around Brid, passing unremarkable after unremarkable restaurant, my friend decided to take advantage of the wonders of modern technology rather than pot luck. The result was "Naked Fish", and it was an approach well worth it. While I (knowing I had a fairly small appetite that day) plumped for jumbo sausage, my friends opted for haddock, both small and large. The "small" would have been ample enough for many, while the large would have given Jaws quite a fright, and my friends report that the flesh contained within was of the highest quality. The batter was fresh, tasty and crisp (on the sausage as well) and the same could also be said of the chips which, avoided the limp, soggy fates to which many chippy potatoes are destined (in fact, for me, the chips were the star of the day). Combine all of this to friendly, inviting service, this is a restaurant to which nothing but the highest of recommendations can be lavished.

“Fish heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Ask anyone in the area for a great fish restaurant and they all say here. They are all right truly fabulous fish!!! Patrick is a really great host and does everything to enhance your experience! A gentleman and a scholar! ! I had the very best cod and chips.and mushy peas ever!!!! Amd I am a chef who studied in Switzerland :-D will travel 200 miles again just to go here again.