“joy in the mouth”

Naked Fish (no Longer The Naked Fish!)
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a family run traditional fish and chip shop , we have been established in Bridlington for 36 years we , was originally on hilderthorpe road , but have moved now to 22 bridge street .
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“joy in the mouth”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Went to naked fish second time there and was not disappointed, had the pan fried seabass served with season potatoes and vegetables, absolutely perfect. I ate every drop which is my seal of approval, it was too delicious to waste. it was joy in the mouth.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Beverley B
patrickBridlington, Manager at Naked Fish (no Longer The Naked Fish!), responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Well, we do try and please all our customers and provide them with "joy in the mouth"
Thanks for such a kind review, they are all important to us and yours especially so!
Thanks again,
Patrick!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“" What a whopper "”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We've been here once before and it was good .This time I had the large haddock which was massive but also cooked to perfection . A dry batter and fresh fish - perfect . My wife had sea bass which was pan fried and was gorgeous .
Good service nice atmosphere what more do want .

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank mbeckett2013
Indeed, what more could one wish for? Good food, great review and a happy customer!
Many thanks,
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A great "plaice" to eat”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Have driven by this restaurant many times but never had the opportunity to stop and eat there till last weekend. It was well worth the wait. Patrick (owner?) was welcoming and helpful explaining about the various dishes on the menu. Husband had locally caught crab to start - my lobster had travelled all the way from Hull and both were delicious. My main course of monkfish with chorizo and my husband's plaice (about the size of a dinner plate) were excellent and didn't need any fancy accompaniments. We would absolutely recommend a meal here and our only regret is that we don't live close enough to visit on a regular basis. For anyone living locally you are so fortunate to have such a fantastic restaurant nearby. Any chance of opening an outlet in Manchester or could you deliver?!

• Visited August 2014
I shall try and post a response without getting into the slippery world of fish puns!
Thank you for such a lovely review, sadly there is little chance of a Manchester branch of Naked Fish opening in the near future so you will have to traipse across the Pennines to keep visiting us.
Just one minor point, the lobster was from Bridlington, top quality, top freshness and great price!
The plaice is v good at the moment and we are glad you appreciate our lack of fancy sauces, we believe in letting the fish talk for itself!
There, managed a whole response punlessly, didn't think I cod manage that!!
Best wishes,
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not a fast takeaway”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Was disappointed after visiting the takeaway part of the restaurant. The food took around half an hour to come (never heard of a fish and chip shop making chips to order which is what one person was told by a member of staff) and wasn't worth the price when we finally got it. I've come to expect more from a fish and chip shop based near a harbour and will visit one nearer the front in the future which I personally have found much tastier.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank EthanFalco
I am sorry your take away experience was a disappointment to you, perhaps I can clarify a point or two;
Yes, we do fry our chips and fish to order, we believe it is is important that our customers only get top-quality freshly cooked food. I think you must have visited us on a busy weekend evening when we do get busy, if there is to be a delay, we do inform our customers of potential waiting times. Perhaps in future to avoid delays you could ring ahead and place your order?
“Yummy”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Myself ,partner and 4 year old son visited on a friday evaning we were seated upstairs in a attractive well decorated room liked how the menue had information about the fish/seafood on the 1st page my son had the childs haddoc and chips and partner not being a massive fish lover (visit was my choice)went for the light bite haddoc and chips which they both really enjoyed i chose a half lobster and garluc scollaps both were really tasty and both had a nice salad with them i tried one of my sons chips and they were lovely his meal came with mushy peas they were clearly home made and most deffinatly not from a tin we found the meals good value for money.the staff were happy for us to stand in the entrance hall at end of our visit as there was a very heavy rain shower. the only things we would change is would have been nice 2 have background music playing as was very quiet upstairs and also my son would of tried other fish seafood if there was a option for this on childs menu

Thank you for posting such a kind, thoughtful review.
We are very pleased you and your family enjoyed your meal with us and sad that the weather wasn't brilliant, hopefully it will improve when you visit us again,
Best wishes,