“This place encompasses all that is bad about British Seaside Hotels!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Langdon Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bridlington
The Langdon Hotel
Ranked #110 of 118 Bridlington B&B and Inns
Witham, Essex, England
“This place encompasses all that is bad about British Seaside Hotels!!”
Reviewed 14 September 2009

As a travel trade professional, I feel it is only fair to give a balanced report, so here goes...
On arrival at the hotel (with 32 clients) I was informed that all my clients had been given rooms but unfortunately they had not seen that I would require a room as well!! presumably I was going to sleep in the gardens opposite. They did, however find me a room in a guest house along the road. On day 3 of our stay I returned to the guest house to find that they had now found me a room at the Langdon so saw fit to RE-PACK ALL MY PERSONAL BELONGINGS AND MOVE THEM FROM ONE HOTEL TO THE OTHER WITHOUT ASKING ME !! THEY THEN LEFT ALL MY STUFF IN AN UNLOCKED ROOM FOR THE DAY !! We fell out at that point I hasten to add.
On day one, the lift broke down with 5 of my clients in it, they were trapped for 90 minutes. After their release from incarceration, they were not even given an apology.
many complaints were forthcoming regarding room cleanliness and general drab appearance.
the bar and supposed entertainment lounge were dingy to say the least.
I must say that the food, breakfast and dinner, was actually very good with efficient and pleasant service.
On the 3 times I had to speak to the manager, he couldn't even bother to lift his eyes from the computer screen behind reception.... the rudest manager I have ever encountered.
The receptionist however was a very sweet girl who tried very hard in the face of adversity.
Strangely enough, we learnt that this hotel is due to be converted to flats in the near future, are they just actively running the place down I wonder???

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Murraydean

Nottinghamshire
Reviewed 4 September 2009

My Husband and I thought to have a few days away at Bank Holiday as we hadn't been away for 2 years because of me having 2 replacement knees. The Landon website looked perfect, near to the seafront, not too far for me to walk, a lift and also the opportunity to dine in the restaurant. Now the bad bit - We decided to eat in the restaurant on Bank holiday Monday evening, we had pre-booked in the morning with the very pleasant Receptionist. We walked into the dining room, where there were only 3 other couples and was met by a puzzled stare from the cook. She said she didn't know we had booked a meal and asked in front of the others, what we had ordered. Our first course came, I had ordered caesar salad and my Husband, mushroom soup. Not too difficult? On arrival at the table, my Husbands soup was less than warm and as I started to eat, I spotted a small wriggling worm in my salad! My Husband and I were mortified, no waitress in the area, he took the plate to the kitchen door and had to shout for someone to look at it. 'Thats not very good is it?' was the comment given to my Husband. Trying not to be put off, I agreed to have the mushroom soup, which came cool enough to wean a 6 month old baby. Our main course should have been individual steak and kidney pies and we were told there was only one and would one of us care to have the steak only pie that a member of staff was going to have for supper! This came on my Husbands plate with the suet pastry micowaved enough to have used it for a house brick - The dessert we ordered was apple pie, we were told that they had run out and did we want icecream? All in all, we ended up walking out of the Dining room in disgust. Two of the other guests, quite an elderly couple, left the hotel 2 days earlier than planned because the food was so bad. The nightly entertainment that is mentioned on their web page also did not exist!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank disappointed89
south nyorkshire
Reviewed 2 September 2009

intended staying one week when we arrived room was not cleaned from previous clients at 3pm , the bathroom was filthy with a piece of old underlay for a mat. Breakfast was supposed to be 8am but was 8.25 when dining room was opened but there was not enough tables for everyone. We complained and was told we could leave if we wanted . We did and found a lovely hotel just round the corner a lot cheaper

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank aflatminer

Travellers are raving about these Bridlington hotels

AuraDC
Reviewed 21 August 2009

You would think this place has it all. It certainly wins on its location. Poor food, poor service and dreadfully dated and dirty rooms.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
southyorkshire
Reviewed 9 August 2009

We Stayed at the langdon hotel for one night in august and thank god it was only one night.
The web site makes the hotel look much better than it is, in fact you wouldn't actually believe that it is the same hotel from the inside.
We booked two rooms one a double for my parents and the other a family room for ourselves.

We paid £150.00 pounds for both rooms which included breakfast so for this type of price you would at least expect your rooms to be cleaned.

However i don't believe they have cleaners at the langdon hotel because arriving in our rooms we found deodorant cans and loose change in our room not to mention talc all over the bathroom floor
We also otherheard another guest asking for clean towels because the ones in her room were dirty, thankfully our towels were clean bonus!

The location of the hotel is really nice but the hotel was a letdown and really needs re -modernizing
Breakfast was poor but we didn't expect any thing more.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank southyorshirelass
manchester
Reviewed 1 August 2009

on arriving at the hotel we were greeted with a pleasant smile from the lady behind the desk. our room was the perfect size for our family . rooms were cleaned everyday and children were given pens and paper to draw with .
ideal location lovely food . thanks to all staff for making our stay in bridlington a one to remeber will defo be booking to come again .

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Lancashire
Reviewed 13 July 2009

We booked this hotel on the internet for 7-nights half board and paid. It had our minimum requirements Sea View, Lift, and Restaurant it all looked very pleasant.

We received a phone call from the hotel asking us if we would require dinner on the Friday evening we confirmed we would.

On checking in we were advised only two in for dinner which was fish & chips we should go out elsewhere.

The Hotel is beautifully situated with georgous views and easy access. Our room (Premier Class) was on the second floor with a sea view which was very pleasant. However the room was dirty ingrained filth around the windows and shower. I asked for the room to be cleaned and was advised that all the rooms had been deep cleaned the week before.

Breakfast was 8.30-9.30 buffet style mostly microwaved. The same menu served each day most of the restaurant staff were pleasant however one had an attitude and no customer service. Dinner served at 6.00pm from a choice which you had to make at breakfast time. You were rushed though and usually out of the restaurant by 6.40pm. I made the mistake of asking for the wine list and was told if I wanted wine I had to go to the bar next door.

My room was not cleaned for 3-days or the towels changed - good job I brought my own! I did requested the implements to clean the room whereupon someone did come and sweep the bathroom. The following day the room was cleaned thoroughly and I thought things were looking up - however day 5 bed not made, bathroom not cleaned.

It is a great shame that such a pleasant building is thoroughly spoilt by poor staff training
and no customer service.

LancashireMillieGirl
You may ask why we did not check out. We had paid in advance and without a refund which we felt would not be forthcoming we could not afford to go elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple