All reviews billy jan guest house nothing is too much trouble dressing gowns biscuits home from home on arrival great couple great hosts cup of tea steak pie excellent reviews extra mile place to stay cooked breakfast first class second to none
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Stayed for 2nights in this fantastic guest house, billy & Janet the best hosts one could wish for. Nothing was too much trouble made coffee whenever we were sat in lounge. Rooms were excellent spotlessly clean, plenty of towels, tea ,coffee biscuits etc. lovely lounge to sit in on a night with a bar, drinks very reasonable. Could not find fault with anything will definately be back again next year.

Date of stay: June 2013
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Really nice and unique place. Room was decorated to an incredible standard! Bill and Jan are fantastically welcoming and friendly!! Walking distance to town centre and see. If you're planning on visiting the area you won't find a better place to stay!

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bea P
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I will be back to this B&B... bit of a hidden gem if you ask me. Billy and Jan, the owners are lovely, very friendly and have an excellent sense of humour. The breakfasts were cooked to perfection (although I didn't have the sausage/bacon, as a veggie, I was tempted by the aroma!). I would definitely recommend The Kilburn to family and friends. Clearly a winning B&B, as there were returning guests who've stayed many times previously (and I will also be coming back!)

Room tip: Book early. The more people find out about this place, the quicker the rooms will go!
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Although we only stayed for one night, we had a very pleasant stay at the Kilburn. The nicely decorated room, although small has everything you need, with toiletries, coffee, tea, water and biscuits. The owners are very welcoming and helpful.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Billy & jan are made for this job they are very warm & welcoming people, they work fantastic as a team, billy really helped us out Saturday night at 11pm he sought after some calpol for my baby boy for us this was really appreciated & such a lovely thing to do for us, myself my husband & our son had a lovely stay at the kilburn, billy cooked a delicious breakfast for us after staying up late with us chatting in the bar :) (don't no how he does it) overall a lovely pleasant stay billy & jam can't do enough for their guest, we will book again

Date of stay: April 2013