“neil & katrina brilliant”

The Bluebell Guest House
Ranked #12 of 117 Bridlington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 June 2014

me and my wife went to brid for the northern soul weekender.
maureen and john couldnt do enough for us,
even giving us a lift into town.
the room was spotless and the breakfast was fantastic.
we have booked again for next year,
highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank neil m

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I booked to stay at the guesthouse for a mid-week, one night stay, as I was travelling up from London to see Paolo Nutini at the Bridlington Spa. I was looking for a cheap deal, and found a great price for the Bluebell so booked it straight away. I didn't know what to expect, but wasn't too bothered as it was just for the night. I was very pleasantly surprised! I had a warm welcome from Maureen, and when I told her where I was going for the night, she offered to drive me there. My first impressions of the guest house were very good - lovely looking property, and my room was spotless with modern decor too. The room had everything I needed. The shower was great. I didn't sleep very well, but I'm not sure if it was me or the bed! Breakfast was lovely - fresh mixed berries were delicious. Maureen even made me some food to take with me for my long journey back to London, and dropped me at the train station too. She really made me feel like a guest, and it was so kind of her to give me lifts.

I would definitely stay here again! Just a shame I probably won't find myself in Bridlington again, and it's too far from me for a quick visit.

Best guest house I've stayed in, and highly recommend!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Stacey Y
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Maureen and John were fantastic hosts, stayed overnight after hubby and daughter did wetherby to Filey bike ride. We were given cool drinks on arrival and then shown to lovely clean rooms. They couldn't have done anymore for us, breakfast was great, set us up for the day! Recommend highly to anyone.

Room Tip: All good, quite a lots of stairs to top rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for just a couple of nights before driving on to Scarborough for 3 more nights.
Well what can i say that hasn't already been said. From beginning to end we had a very welcome stay. Maureen is genuinely a very warm and friendly host .Breakfast was superb all fresh and with generous portions. Room lovely very comfy bed and all very clean . While there we did an 8 mile walk to Flamborough Maureen kindly provided us with water fruit , energy biscuits and even a bag of sweets for the journey.
Maureen and her husband run a lovely b&b and should be proud of their business we will certainly stay there again next time we visit the North Yorkshire coastline.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary J
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this guest house to celebrate my birthday. And we had an absolutley wonderful stay.
The whole place was spotlessly clean we had a warm welcome from the owners Maureen and John
The breakfast was excellent quality ingredients large portions plenty of choice and beautifully cooked.
Maureen could not have been more helpful she even offered to drive us to a restaurant.
I was even given a birthday card and a bottle of wine from Maureen and John which I thought was really lovely of them.
We would reccommend this b&b to everyone thanks again
From June &steve Stagg x

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

What a find.Wonderful hosts & when we had a road accident before our arrival they looked after us with that good old cup of tea.Then they set about sorting us out so that we could arrange for a hire car etc.Would certainly stay here again.The situation is perfect with just a short stroll to the beach or town
Excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mo c
Reviewed 19 June 2014

From the moment of welcome in the car park to departure after three excellent days, Maureen cannot do enough to make your stay a very memorable experience. For someone in the guest house business for only 3/4 years , she has achieved an awesome reputation which is thoroughly
deserved.
Instant pot of tea on arrival , spotless single room , superb breakfast which sets one up for the day . Cannot fault this accommodation in anyway . Well located on north bay in the best part of Bridlington , 200 yds from the Promenade.
Must not forget her husband John , equally friendly and helpful .
What is the expression , arrive as a guest leave as a friend .
A huge thank you .