“Ideal location”

Ranked #95 of 117 Bridlington B&B and Inns
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Ideal location”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The weather forecast was good so I decided to go to Brid for a few days, checked a few websites and decided on the Winston, South street.
The owners were away but still had a friendly welcome,I was shown to my room on the first floor, it was,how can I describe it, bijou, but once I settled in it was quite adequate,everything I needed was there,it was clean,nice cotton bedding, bed and pillows just right.
In the morning a good breakfast was served.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed at the Winston House with friends for the weekend. Was told by the landlady rooms would be ready for 12midday, we arrived at 12.30 to be told rooms not ready come back at 2.00, so we went for a wonder round for a couple of hours,(no problem). Came back at 2.30, was taken to our rooms and i must say out of the four rooms we booked, our room was the biggest, and could do with some serious updating!!! The bathroom was almost as big as the bed room, and was o.k. The other three rooms were tiny, and also in need of updating. There was a tea tray provided and the cappacinno was two months out of date!!! needless to say we didnt touch that. The breakfast my husband enjoyed, said it was fine, me on the other hand am a vegeterian and no effort was made with me, i got beans, tomatoes and a fried egg, they didnt try and fill it up with mushrooms or hash brown(very poor).. Would we stay here again? NO... There are better B/B in Bridlington for the same amount of money. For location cant fault it, over all experience not the best... As said by all of us.....

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We enjoyed a two night stay.Great location great breakfast. On the downside turning on the TV was a little tricky and the bar was not open. Told to go to the off licence for cheap alcohol. However I would stay therer again

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Very enjoyable stay, staff were very friendly and the breakfast was very hot and filling. Would stay here again for sure. There were 10 of us who stayed for the weekend and found the staff very accommodating.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SarahLeeds1
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is a cheap and cheerful Guest House which is has an excellent location on the south side of Bridlington near the Spa. The rooms are very basic but clean. Dogs are accepted at no extra cost. Breakfast is very well organised, and the food is excellent!!!
10/10 for breakfast and location, but the overall rating is lowered by the need for a bit of an update in the bedrooms.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter, but you need to be fit, at the top of the house!!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Well I have to say that we have just stayed three nights my son and I and have enjoyed our stay staff and owner very helpfull.and food very good, and would I stay again, to damn right I would and recomend to othersyes certainly.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2013

This was a very welcoming and frendly hotel which was very nice place to stay to chill out and relax. Rooms were very clean with tea/coffe,tv and own bath room.
Breakfast was fantastic, Orange juice, Ceral and Vegertarian options catered for instead of the full English which my family had.
Felt that I had been made very welcome and look after, I would consider staying here again.
Thank you for our stay as it made our holiday more enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family