“Lovely food but.........”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

went for a curry, lovely, as we were there the place was invaded by police and immigration people and the poor chef was taken away.
bad i know but funny yes. other diners had to go home with no food. hope they got another chef.

2  Thank victormcdee

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Visited the Masala on several occasions during July.
Had a different dish on each visit.
Freshly cooked and to individuals liking.
Attentive and friendly staff.
Only fly in the ointment was ordering a coffee from their trainee, never expected it in a staff chipped mug with no offer of cream, milk, sugar or even a spoon. Manager did apologise profusely.
I'd recommend it for anyone who likes Bangladeshi/Indian food.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We have been coming here for the last 4 and half years the staff are very friendly the food is excellent it is a very warm and friendly place to visit would definitely recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Just got back from a golfing vacation around the east coast.
I don't normally write reviews, but this place is an exception.
Outside you are met with bit stone steps down to the door- be careful when entering- as you leave the pavement there's actually a step up before you go down the flight of stairs....
The restaurant is scruffy, in desperate need of decorating, there was popadoms all over the floor, a pile of dirty table clothes spilling out from under a table, the staffs uniform was disgusting- in need of a good wash. Then there's the electrics and plumbing in the place- a spaghetti junction awaits in the gents toilets. This alone should get the place shutdown.
Lager was flat and probably out of date.
Service was the worst and most disorganised I have ever had from anywhere around the world, took us two hours to get our main- by this time I was tired and not really in the mood for a curry.
The food itself- pickle tray was acceptable, as were the popadoms. The plates were brought out cold- when I told the waiter he said " I thought you would prefer them cold"...?? No..! He took them back and while we waited for plates, they started bringing out the food.... chaotic at best.
The curry was disguised with heavy spices to disguise the poor quality ingredients, I doubt that the chicken was actually chicken.
I ate about an 1/8th of the dish.
Garlic naan was small and came on an even smaller plate, spilling over onto the table.
When we complained we were met by the manager in a scruffy stained shirt with no tie and top two buttons undone- again unprofessional. He listened to us- mainly harping on about wanting to get out of the restaurant- as we spoke he got his mobile phone out of his pocket and looked at the screen...? I told him to put it away and address the issues.
The next day I had a few toilet visits, but managed not to be sick.
The kitchen is fully enclosed, a door in and out, I dread to think what the state of it is, or the chefs hygiene program.
Avoid this place at all costs, the worst eating experience I've ever had- disgusting from start to finish. If I could've given this a minus rating I would have.
A note to the manager- don't try weasel out of this, as I have read your rather glib replies to other posts which are probably lies, own upto my facts- your weaknesses and try make your restaurant better before you kill someone.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Not a good review starter had hair in the salad ! Chicken in the sizzler was cheap and bulked out with water!! main, we had to send tikka masala back tasted of powder curdled sauce not a nice curry on the Plus rice side bar staff were lovely