“Time after time, Raffles never fails to deliver!”

Raffles A La Carte Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 215 Restaurants in Bridlington
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We have been eating at Raffles for nearly 9 years. Every school holidays we head over to Bridlington for a few days rest, we always make a reservation to eat there. Kim & Steve are fantastic hosts, the food is always exceptional. We are always made welcome and have developed a good friendship with them. They have really taken to our little boy whom is a looked after child and treat him as part of our family and welcome him into their establishment.

It's very rare you find a restaurant that you like to go back to time after time. It's a little gem tucked away in the old town of Bridlington.
Looking forward to our next visit in the Easter holidays.

Kim & Steve, thank you for many wonderful meals (and the chips to go with my steaks) and memories that will stay with us forever... Ian, Philip & C

1  Thank Ian B

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Visited here with my partner, mum and step dad, it was a birthday meal for me and WOW what a meal it was, this is the best place I've been for a meal by far, we could not fault anything about it. The hospitality was amazing, the owner was a lovely friendly and down to earth lady, my partner even arranged a birthday cake for me and the owner brought it out, nothing was too much trouble. My mum is a fussy eater and that wasn't a problem either has she was able to pick and choose, I love garlic mushrooms which was on the starters but it came with blue cheese sauce which I HATE lol but that wasn't a problem they did them without it, Delicious, we have booked in again in 7 weeks time for my partners birthday, can't wait! We would recommend this place highly to anyone!

2  Thank Lindseyf1
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Four of us ate here for my brother in laws birthday last night, I had the risotto with prawns scampi and scallops - perfection, as were the other starters, mussels, calfs liver and prawns in salmon cornets, we were all delighted with our choices. We then tried the game pie, stuffed pork and steak topped with chicken strips and Yorkshire blue cheese, all really well cooked and delicious.
I wish we had had 'room' for a sweet as the ones being served looked good. The meals came to about £20 each ( before drinks) and worth every penny. We will be back.

1  Thank rosebudBridlington
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We came from wakefield for a romantic meal.. We have been before and had a fantastic time..
I had a prawn cocktail which is the best i've ever had, gorgeous meaty prawns would definitely recommend them for a starter and my husband had garlic mushrooms which he asked for some bread to dip in his left over sauce I must say the best I've ever tasted too!!
We both had a fillet which was cooked to perfection with a peppercorn sauce and that was to die for !
The sauce was creamy and rich never had a peppercorn sauce like it, the veg was cooked perfect not too soft and not too had..
As for the service it was outstanding , Kim is very welcoming and would go her way to make sure that everything was fine.. It's very rare to find a restaurant that asks you how your meal is!!

Would highly recommend this restaurant for every occasion!!

Thank you for an amazing time and such a warm and relaxed welcoming

We will be back soon

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Recently visited Raffles, we were not happy with one of our steaks - it didn't taste right and to be honest other people on our table did comment that it tasted 'porky'. Maybe it was cooked with the pork? Anyhow, we were asked if the meal was alright to which my girlfriend commented that she didn't like the steak. The owner advised nobody else has ever complained, the steak was fresh and later informed us she would return the steak to the butcher the next day. There was no offer to cook an alternative meal, steak or come up with a solution. My girlfriend did not eat the steak, and when the owner cleared the plates away the she tried some of the steak in the kitchen and rudely told my girlfriend she was wrong and nothing was wrong with the steak.Wont be going again.

5  Thank SamP862
raffles015, Owner at Raffles A La Carte Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

We are sorry you did not enjoy your meal with us but to be fair our policy is to ask if your meal is o.k
if their is a problem we do not hesitate to correct or offer to change it, but your girlfriends reply was NO
I do remember this night and you were in the 21st birthday party which they have not hesitated to put a reveiw along with 5 stars. If the steak tasted of Pork i must ask the butcher. as their is no way that it would have been cooked together( The Pork is cooked in the oven and the Steak is cooked on a griddle)
As to regards to the Lady who served you being rude i feel this is not fair it is not in her interests to act like that as she is a part OWNER, who does respect our customers. and their coments