“Appalling B&B”

Ranked #112 of 118 Bridlington B&B and Inns
Durham, United Kingdom
“Appalling B&B”
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

Stopped one night, we were greeted by a dog, ( I'm not a dog lover ) a dirty fish tank stands in the hallway. The room I was given had a double bed and a single, the decor is dated, strangely the kettle was placed on the floor. I was concerned the window could open all the way out. The bathroom had an offensive smell and I couldn't use the shower. The breakfast was filling and a good variety. I can honestly say this has to be the worst B and B I have ever stayed in, more faulty towers than anything!!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank SusanandDav

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

thank you very much for haveing us for the second time an fitting us in at short notice. also my new friend molly; lovely; thanks to you all for makeing us feel very welcome, see you all very soon kev an angie

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank angela w
leeds
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Have just returned from a ladies weekend and we found this hotel to be fine for what we wanted. Read some of the reviews and was a little worried Ok it is a bit clutterd ( but they are doing it up) but she is a wonderful old host who does her best and her dog is lovely!!! Rooms were clean & comfortable and warm. Breakfast is FAB and plenty of it and I'm a fussy eater but I cleaned my plate. At the end of the road is the Spa and a 5min walk to the centre so you're close to all you need.All 11 of us said we would stay here again.

Room Tip: we had 6 rooms and they were all as good as each other
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank gatkin
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My boyfriend and I looked at this hotel initially because of how close it is to The Spa (as we had event tickets), then were decided after seeing the hotel photos, and were more than comfortable during our stay. The welcome was very warm. The previous reviews are correct about the pets which I agree can be disconcerting if you're uncomfortable around dogs, but we personally had no issues with this. There was one pile of bedding in a corner which I wouldn't comment on if it weren't for the previous reviews - I wouldn't call this a problem in a budget B&B to be completely fair. The room was very comfortable with plenty of storage space and a lovely bed, and the en-suite bathroom was very neat and tidy. Would have loved to stay for breakfast as the dining area was set out beautifully but had to catch the coach home while it was served, so unfortunately cannot comment. The landlady very kindly told us if we had informed her we were leaving before breakfast, she would have cooked ours earlier! The only issue we had with this hotel was there were no toiletries other than handwash; we had not foreseen this and had nothing with us, so do pack a bar of soap!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank S_Elizabeth_12
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Stayed fri until Sunday. Room was great value and the breakfast was one of the best I have had since visiting Bridlington.If people who write nasty reviews had noticed there was work going on in the hotel.i spoke with the proprieties as I was a bit concerned I had booked a bad hotel,but as they said come see for yourself. Well worth a visit. Staff was great. Many thanks Martin Isle Of Wight.

Room Tip: Don't always judge a book by its cover
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank martin d
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2012

everywhere needs a good clean, we only stayed for one night, our beroom was far from clean,and yes there is piles of dirty washing everywhere. they do a really good breakfast to be fair, but was put off by the filthy dinning room

we only stayed here for one night, that was enough, this hotel is filthy, our bedroom was far from clean, dont let the photographs fool you, and there was piles of dirty washing near our bedroom door. to be fair they did do a good breakfast, but was put off because of the dirty dinning room, my husband and i could not wait to get out.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jill S

Travellers are raving about these Bridlington hotels

Hull, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stayed for 1 night with our 2 children in the large family room. I have to agree with the other reviews regarding dirty washing, animals etc. and at first I was dreading staying there. However our room was fine and the lady proprietor was excellent, for an elderly lady she did a great job, never stopped working and was still up late pressing the clean laundry (which smelt lovely by the way). She was very friendly as was the lovely lady that assisted with breakfast the following morning. Breakfast was ample and there was plenty of choice, very nice.

If you look beyond the clutter you will discover a value for money budget B&B in a great location.

• Stayed August 2012