“Worst b n b I have ever stayed in”
Review of Oakwell Hotel

Oakwell Hotel
Ranked #111 of 117 Bridlington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 August 2014

So we came to Bridlington just for one night. We picked this hotel as it read good reviews, ignore them. We we arrived both the owners just sat there, asked our names then told us where our room was, not very welcoming. The dining room looked like a jumble sale( they were having a clear out).
Me and my friend were in twin room 6, don't get put in there. So in room 6 there was a wire plug hanging out the wall near the TV, wire lead going from the outside of the window round the room to the TV, mirror wasn't even hung up, shower door was falling off, marks on the bed and brown soap which looked awful(not used to that colour soap). Only thing good in room was TV. Me and my friend went out for evening and had decided we would complain about the state of the room. When we came back I asked to talk to the women and she sat there, I said I wanted a private word so she got up and came to the door(must of thought I was gonna to assault her the way she was acting). When I told her about the state of the room, she tried to blame the cleaners for the wire going through window which meant we couldn't shut it. I asked to leave and she offered another room which she was not happy about, we we're put in family room. Family room was better although light was behind cupboard and toilet door didn't shut. We got up next day and left didn't even stay for breakfast as we didn't want another minute here. I am not posh or want four star service but I do have certain expectations about having basic needs, such as not having things hanging out of the wall and the owners having manners(which they lack) . Won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Don't be put in twin room 6
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cheekycharlie20

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Good points
- breakfast was plentiful and well cooked
- bedding was clean and family room had more space than the double/twin rooms which were cramped
Bad points
- lots of rubbish in public areas
- dirty handrails on stairs
- bin in room not cleaned between guests
- dirty socks from previous guest left under bed

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank mjsg01
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Been coming here for several years and will continue to do so. Always been welcomed and never had a problem with any of the rooms ive stayed in. Very clean and tidy and always sleep very well. The breakfast here makes it for me, there is a great choice of cereals and the cooked brecky is to die for! The price is incredibly cheap and kids stay at half price! I cannot believe some of these bad reviews, end a the day if you want the Ritz then go elsewhere and pay through the nose because for the price here it cannot be beat!

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Mandkev
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Always welcoming and looks after us old soulies, attend this hotel every year and always get first class service and a warm welcome, rebook as soon as we leave for following year, close to the spar for us which helps us old people

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2013

On arrival we were greated by a friendy lady, who made us feel very welcome.
The room and bathroom were clean and warm.
Good selection of cereals to choose from prior to a lovely full english.

We will definitely use again.

Thanks for a great stay
Also nice to meet you Molly

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Cant beat this hotel, Friendly staff, good brekfast! well stocked bar and a welcoming atmosphere, and the best thing is owners go out of their way to help you!
Spa is 2 minutes walk away, beach is 2 minutes walk away, town centre is 8-10 minutes walk away!! free street parking, safe area! and a very nice place to spend the night.

GO GO GO!! :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2013

When I went to check in full room of people stared as though as I'd asked for something quite unusual in a hotel. Dog laid across dining chairs (where people eat) my baby, I put on floor while I was speaking to the lady he crawled about and when picked him the toes of his white trainers were literally black. Didn't like letting him down after that, old lady nice enough but very doddery had to ask twice for the cot in our room and the bill etc, her son on the other hand was plain rude! Looked unwashed and when another member of our party asked could she have bar meal (her son was ill and the leaflet in the room says they do them on request) she was rudely told 'I haven't been shopping' when she pointed out that they had offered this service he simply repeated himself at her with a moronic stare. We had the breakfast two days, (the maid who took orders was lovely and polite) breakfast was ok after I went into the kitchen to use the microwave one the third day to sterilise my babies bottles though none of us touched it again, disgusting is an understatment. We are letting environmental health know. Overall, good location but smells of animals, needs a massive deep clean and upkeep operation. (the handles of drawers in our room were constantly dropping off leaving exposed screws)

• Stayed: August 2013