“Good from the outside, disappointing from the inside....”
Review of The Waterfront - CLOSED

The Waterfront
Price range: US$8 - US$34
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Waterfront is a relax and comfortable cafe selling Breakfast & Hot meals with great view over looking Bridlington Bay and Flamborough Head.
Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

On visiting a new venue I would expect a warm welcome which was severely lacking with bored staff gathering at the bar area. Once our order was placed with a few spelling mistakes on the menu! our food arrived about 40 minutes later, and this gave us ample opportunity to relax and enjoy the views which where of a queue of men outside the gents (which is situated right in the eating area), and one man opting to use the ladies instead! A better design would serve a lot better as most of the customers come from the cafe next door. We didn't pay cafe prices so I would not expect to share the same premise. We had originally vetted this venue as we have visitors in a few weeks but it is not a place I would like to return , big disappointment to Waterfront Coffee lounge .

JackBlack1972, Owner at The Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

Hi, L Stand
At the time of your visit we were very full hence 40 min wait on food also the tables by the toilet doors are the last tables to be taken. This is only access point to the ladies and gents. We also serve food to 48 cover on the patio area outside so you might of seen other customers coming through the disable access to use the toilets.

I hope you will return at a less busier period of the day so you can enjoy the great sea views.

Ms camfield

There are newer reviews for The Waterfront

Reviewed 13 May 2012

At last, after visiting Bridlington for over 10 years a place where you can take the family for something other than fish and chips. We had pizzas and pasta all the meals were excellent. This is new venture and deserves to do well

1  Thank YorkshireFolkAbroad

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your visit on Trip adviser...

Reviewed 13 May 2012

We went in because it looked nice. They don't take cards and didn't have any change so not a good beginning. The young waitress then spilt my coffee on the table and just left it for me to mop up and wipe my cup handle clean. The food was really good though so it was salvaged by that. Maybe waitress service to take orders would be nice instead of the customer walking to the bar to walk back empty handed followed by a waitress spilling your drinks when they carry it to the table

JackBlack1972, Owner at The Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Thank for posting comment about your visit, first im sorry the waitress spilt your drink, b ut you did enjoy your food. We now accept card payments as from May 25th 2012 just after your visit.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Been a few times now and cannot fault the food or the staff, ok a slight wait for food but if this means it's fresh local sourced produce and freshly cooked to order, then I can live with that.As for drinks if wanted immediately ordered at bar and brought straight to table.
Mum's comment was "best ciabatta I've had in years and the cooking was just right" ex cook many years ago so she's quite the critic . I'm working my way down the hot sandwiches and ciabatta menu and haven't had a dud yet delish.As mum said the ciabatta was cooked just perfectly crisp and seared on the outside but soft inside with generous amounts of filling.
Just to mention the coffee served there , "Illys " is brilliant tasting and you don't have to send a search party through the froth on the cappucino's to find the actual coffee as in some establishments.The owner is also going to great lengths to put together an eclectic menu trying to cater for all the family without unecessary clutter on the menu.
Prices and value for money great...next plan to try evening meal......can't recommend enough.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Been many times now, I suppose I am a regular! Great atmosphere and lovely staff. Owners always on the premises making sure everything is running smoothly. Food great - experienced chef. Can't recommend it highly enough.