“Do not visit !!” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Waterfront
Price range: US$7 - US$31
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Waterfront is a relax and comfortable cafe selling Breakfast & Hot meals with great view over looking Bridlington Bay and Flamborough Head.
York, United Kingdom
“Do not visit !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

My wife and I have been many times before to the Waterfront. BUT what a difference today, we ordered 2 Latte coffee's and 2 Walnut cakes, after "I paid" the waitress said we are busy you will have to wait a while, I asked how long? DON'T KNOW was the reply.

The cakes came after aprox. 15mins. Then some 5Mins. later the coffee's came, we pointed out that the 'Squirty cream' was melting, well I could change it if I have to. The Girl then went to the counter muttered to her colleague something while pointing at us.

COFFEE WAS AS WEAK AS WATER AND THE CAKES VERY POOR . SERVICE NILL !!

• Visited December 2013

York, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

The first aspect that strikes you is the stunning view of North Bay, Bridlington! The decor and fittings of the restaurant are good - try to get a window table as they offer by far the best view out!
Food range is good with nicely upmarket sandwiches made to order - the side order of chunky chips were especially appreciated.
Have been several times and agree with others that staff do vary - usually ok and efficient - but occasionally one does seem less focused on the job.
Don't let this put you off - it's still one of the best 'lighter-bite' venues in Bridlington!
Food is ordered and paid for at the bar/counter at the rear of the restaurant so try to grab your 'sea-view' table as soon as you walk in!

• Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A lovely place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I recently visited The Waterfront in Bridlington, it had a beautiful view out onto the sea and my husband and I decided to get a drink and sit outside on the sunny seating area, after having our coffees, we noticed the menu board and so I went inside to inquire about the menu and was greeted by a polite young male who fetched me menus with no fuss, he then assisted me on where to order my food which was in the bar next door, my husband and I, ordered our meals with again a very polite staff member In the restaurant inside and waited no time at all for our food to arrive, after receiving our meals we were checked upon by the male staff member which made us feel really considered as paying customers and told that if we needed anything not to hesitate to ask, overall this establishment was great, nice food, nice environment and most of all a great service, many thanks
Dianne and Mark

1 Thank Diannemark
Bridlington
“Food Ok, shame about the service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We have been a few times, the food is always ok. Unfortunately the service is poor, the staff act as if they are doing you a favour. We were the only people in on our last visit, my Husband ordered at the bar, I clearly heard the order, I was served a totally different meal and complained. The waitress argued even bringing the order slip to show us, this only proved she had ordered the wrong meal. My meal was replaced, but certainly with no apology, just a bad attitude. I have worked in the customer service industry for many years and suggest the staff need retraining.

1 Thank jayne-allseasons
Paisley, Scotland
“Superb food and seaview”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Went here for lunch while out with my hubby . . . . . what a find! Restaurant was right on the seafront, well laid out and had a cosy, welcoming feel to it. Staff were friendly and efficient. Food was excellent - and we didn't have to wait very long for it. Hubby had a 5oz rump steak, which came on a 'sizzler grill' with tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and chips. He's normally a very fussy eater but he made short work of this and declared it was one of the best meals he'd ever had! I had steak and kidney pudding with peas, chips and an individual jug of gravy, and it too was delicious - the suet pastry was light and tasty with plenty of meaty filling, the peas were fresh and the chips cooked perfectly. The gravy looked a bit thicker than I would normally have had but was also very tasty. Portion sizes were perfect and the prices were very reasonable. I would certainly go again and would recommend it to anyone.