“our luncheon”
Review of The Waterfront - CLOSED

The Waterfront
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Waterfront is a relax and comfortable cafe selling Breakfast & Hot meals with great view over looking Bridlington Bay and Flamborough Head.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Visited the waterfront for our lunch on a beautiful sunny day Friday. It was our first time eating here we both had the special board the lasagne with all the trimmings. Waited about 10 mins it,was lovely and hot and well presented tasty too. Then we sat by the beach with one of your ice creams from next door, which we have sat out many a Times with you for coffees. Well done we will come back and visit.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Friendly staff in a clean cafe with good coffee, reasonable prices, and a tempting selection of cakes etc. A fine place to take a break and watch the world go by!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We have been to the waterfront before and been very pleased BUT yeasterday 29th December has put us off for life!!

Ordered Drinks for 5 people and waffles, choice of 6 toppings but they only had 2 choices left paid and waited and waited after 20 minutes I stepped back in doors (We were seated outside with our dog) and asked where our order was, I was told he had not had chance to do it as he was on his own and dealing with takeaway orders! I asked how long and he said he hadn't any idea, he hadn't started the waffles and he had all these people to serve before he could start on the orders. We got a refund and went elsewhere. Owners need to staff the place to cope with the customers.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My wife and I have been many times before to the Waterfront. BUT what a difference today, we ordered 2 Latte coffee's and 2 Walnut cakes, after "I paid" the waitress said we are busy you will have to wait a while, I asked how long? DON'T KNOW was the reply.

The cakes came after aprox. 15mins. Then some 5Mins. later the coffee's came, we pointed out that the 'Squirty cream' was melting, well I could change it if I have to. The Girl then went to the counter muttered to her colleague something while pointing at us.

COFFEE WAS AS WEAK AS WATER AND THE CAKES VERY POOR . SERVICE NILL !!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The first aspect that strikes you is the stunning view of North Bay, Bridlington! The decor and fittings of the restaurant are good - try to get a window table as they offer by far the best view out!
Food range is good with nicely upmarket sandwiches made to order - the side order of chunky chips were especially appreciated.
Have been several times and agree with others that staff do vary - usually ok and efficient - but occasionally one does seem less focused on the job.
Don't let this put you off - it's still one of the best 'lighter-bite' venues in Bridlington!
Food is ordered and paid for at the bar/counter at the rear of the restaurant so try to grab your 'sea-view' table as soon as you walk in!