“Chocolate Lollies Again”

John Bull Rock Factory
Ranked #5 of 9 Tours in Bridlington
Reviewed 10 August 2012 via mobile

Our third visit now because my 7 year old enjoys making a chocolate lolly and watching everyone make rock.

The tour was excellent value only £4.50 for and adult and a child. Chocolate lolly making is an extra pound.

It's the shop and play area that continue to take your money. Anyway if you don't mind the potential for spending money... it's a great few hours to pass the time...especially if it's poor weather.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Paid £13 to visit here (2adults&4children) reasonably priced i thought...But was shoved into a room to watch history dvd, missed most as began before hoards of people got into room, production room followed, saw nothing but 3 people packing rock into boxes. took nearly 30mins to be offered rock rolling - additional charge £1 per child - rude staff. no choc being made, but another £1p/c to ladel choc into mould n put stick in it. rude staff, very unhygienic, £21 in total for nothing!!

Reviewed 23 July 2012

I visited the John Bull rock factory today as a treat for my boys. After seeing Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory they really wanted to visit a chocolate factory and after some research I discovered the John Bull rock factory in Bridlington which offered a hand's on experience making rock and chocolate lollies which I thought would be perfect for them.
Admission is £2.50 for adults, £2.00 for children, this admission price allows you to look around the factory, which is an actual working factory that produces rock, chocolate and sweets. Its self guided and was a bit of disappointment really we had driven an hour and a half to get there. It wasn't very big, there wasn't a great deal to see, although you could sample goodies along the way which was a bonus. The factory's redeeming feature that made the trip worth while was the rock rolling and chocolate lolly making. I had known these were extra and not included within the admission price. They cost an extra £1 each. My kids loved rolling the rock and so did I. I wouldn't consider going unless you are prepared to pay the extra for the rock rolling. I really think they should just increase the admission price and include it as standard. Worth a visit if your in the area purely to make your own rock but whole experience is likely to less than 1 hour and not worth a special trip like we made.

Parking is free, there is a gift shop full of treats and cafe and playgym next door.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Took the kids (8 and 10) on our way home from holiday. We were one of the first to arrive for the tour so not too many people. We paid £2.50 for an adult and £2 for a child plus an extra £1 each to role your own rock and the kids made their own chocolate lollys for £1 each. Got to see how they make rock from beginning to end and also chocolate and biscuits there were also freebies to try. Well worth a couple of hours of your time. There is also an attached restaurant which is nice and not bad value for money.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

My husband and i took our 10 year old daughter to john bull rock factory whilst on a camping holiday. We had agreat time watching how the rock was made and also got to roll our own rock. My daughter also got to make a chocolate lolly pop! There is a lovely gift shop which is quite cheap. There is also a fantastic soft play area which is 0-12 years and is only £3'50 to get in and you can stay for 3 hours!!! great when it's raining and the kids also get a free juice! You can also get other food which is also cheap. In all a great day out for not a lot of money which is what you want!!! Probably not suitable for over 12's.