“Bridlington Spa Soul Weekend”
Review of Mon Fort Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bridlington
Mon Fort Hotel
Ranked #87 of 117 Bridlington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is our second stay at the Mon Fort and we have booked for next year, Lesley and Barry could not be more accommodating and friendly. The atmosphere in the hotel is relaxed and it was like home from home. The hotel is located close enough to the town centre without the noise of a town centre. We would just like to order a bit more sunshine for next year if that's alright?

The lads, Steve, Derrick and Paul

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephen R

Reviewed 16 June 2014

just got back from the mon-fort hotel, bridlington. 9 golfers from wigan stayed here thurs 12th june till mon 16th june bed and breakfast. our hosts lesley and barry were wonderfullpeople who could not do enough for us, nothing was too much trouble. such warm and friendly people. rooms were large and cosy and attended to every day. breakfast was buffet style with lovely food. beer was the best pint in town.always nice to be greeted with a smile every day . 10 out of 10. will def be going again and the price was very reasonable. they even sorted car parking for us all. a truly great experiance

Room Tip: most rooms had a double and single. stayed in room 1 and enjoyed. good viewof the sea.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2014

golf break for 6 stayed 2 nights as we did last year.the hotel is clean and tidy and they do a very good breakfast to set you up for the day.Lesley organised all the golf which made it an easy break.good for a short break back again next year.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed as a group of six golfers and from the friendly welcome to the cheery goodbye we thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Mon Fort.

Our hostess, Lesley, could not have done any more for us, from ensuring breakfast was served very efficiently, to opening the bar whenever we wanted, the stay was excellent. She even arranged the golf as well.

Rooms are well appointed, clean and always tidy. Bathrooms equally so.

Food is very good and plentiful, a real treat when your heading out for the golf.

The price is a lot less than other, so called similar, hotels too. So called similar, because this one is above the others in my opinion, despite being less expensive.

If you're on a golfing break, and looking for a great place to base yourself, then look no further. You've found it!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The hotel needs updating the furnishing in our room was very dated. Eight golfer stated for three nights BB, we originally booked 4 twin rooms, but the night before we arrived our organiser received a phone call to the affect that we had been changed to 2 rooms with 3 in and I twin. I was in room 9 - three beds, step in the centre of the room which was a hazard in the night to visit the bathroom. The bathroom was very poor with a bath and a shower head with no fixtures to use as a shower. I took the bath towel from the room one morning to use it at the golf club for a shower. The landlady was not pleased at this although I returned the towel. The towels were only changed on the last night. The first morning we found that the supplied milk cartons were all sour.
The other 3 bed room (room 10) was only slightly better.
The breakfasts were okay.
No on site parking so you have get a parking street permit from the hotel (free).
I would not recommend this hotel especially if you were allocated rooms 9 and 10.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and get better hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank davidChesterfield
monfort1, Owner at Mon Fort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

I'm sorry you were unhappy with your stay with us and will address the points you have mentioned in the same order as you have written them. Your accommodation was booked for 8 to which I allocated 2 triples and one twin. When I got your room list, it was set for 4 twins. I contacted your party organiser and informed him of the room arrangement as we both had a different arrangement and I felt you should know before arrival.
Room 9 and 10 are large family rooms and room 9 is primarily a bath and cannot really be used as a shower. I presume you would have preferred a shower. Our golfers regularly borrow our room towels to take to the golf club which we don't mind at all. I asked you if we had left you a towel short in your room and that was our only concern. When you said you had borrowed it for the golf club I said you were welcome to do so, and cannot understand why you have said I was not pleased about it! There was no displeasure on my part whatsoever. Unless requested otherwise, we automatically change towels on the second day which would have been the day before you checked out in your case. I did apologise for the milk in your room not being changed. We do not claim to have on-site parking, but offer permits as most other guest houses and hotels do.
I feel you were mainly unhappy with the room being a triple and having a bath, not a shower, available. I accept your point and have altered room 9 to a twin. However, your other points about the bedroom furniture and towel are not accepted, but have probably made you feel better.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed overnight on the 12th April and found the hotel to be quite pleasant and in a really good spot, close to all shops and sea front. I stayed with my partner in a double room which also had a single bed in. The room was a nice size with tea and coffee making facilities plus a flat screen tv with loads of channels, we had a sea view and the room was clean with an en-suite. The Breakfast we had was lovely and a generous portion. We would definitely stay here again its a good friendly hotel in a good position.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed for 1 night on Sat 1st March - We were quite late & hadn't booked!! Lesley was very welcoming and we felt comfortable - Room was very good, bed lovely just single bed blocked heat from rad.

Hotel location is spot on!! Breakfast is self service and very good apart from Barry's singing LOL!!!

Hotel building is very old but kept very well and has lost none of it's character

We will definitely be re-turning but not for Barry's singing!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple