“Awful service and very poor food”

Busy Bees Cafe & Takeaway
Ranked #68 of 205 Restaurants in Bridlington
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Cuisines: British
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Awful service and very poor food”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My daughter, grandson and I called in here for lunch on Thursday 21 March 2013. There were 2 staff on and no customers. The restaurant was empty apart from us. It took well over 30minutes to serve us ( this is fish & chips remember!) and I had to remind them we were there after 20 mins waiting. The fish was ok, but a bit dry due to overcooking, plus there was far too much batter on the (disappointingly small inside) fish, the chips were ok (difficult to destroy chips in a chippy fryer) and the mushy peas were microwaved.
Not impressed at all.

• Visited March 2013

“Best fish and chip restaurant in Bridlington”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Recently refurbished and lovely bright restaurant. Great for families and the best cod and chips in Brid.
We come here all year for a treat.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Visited on a cold, wet day off season....bee good!!”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We visited Bridlington today to give our little one a day at the seaside in school half term. Bridlington as a whole was very quiet mainly due to it being out of season, and It was freezing cold, windy and wet. We fancied a fish and chip and due to the fish and chip shops being closed on the main front near the harbour we went back a few streets and found busy bees. Ordered the busy bees special or me, cod and mushy peas for the missus and egg and chips with a sausage for the 3 yr old.
Overall, excellent meals, fish was great, the cod was apparently top draw.
I did feel the child's egg and chips with a sausage was a bit over priced at just under a fiver but hey ho. We were all hungry and it did the trick.
Only one toilet though which maybe isn't the greatest, men, ladies and kids all ment to wait in a queue to use the same one????

• Visited February 2013
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

It was about 6.30pm on a Tuesday night when after having been turned away for being too late to eat in the restaurant of one of the other Busy Bees in the town(!!!!) we visited this one, and I'm glad we did. We both had the special deal on the fish and chips, which was a decent sized piece of fish, loads of chips and mushy peas. There was none of this paying for sachets of sauce etc, as there were loads on the table and you could use as many as you like.
The meal itself was the best fish and chips I have had in ages. Great, and the service was great too being really friendly.
The place was very clean too, and whilst we were there, there was someone sweeping around etc keeping it that way. All good.

• Visited January 2013
Hornsea, England, United Kingdom
“Buzzing chippy!”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

My little girl and I visited Busy Bees for lunch for the first time today, even though we've been comin. to Bridlington for years. The place was totally spotless and the staff were extremely helpful and polite! We offered haddock and chips to share, with bread and butter, a pot of tea and a chocolate milkshake and everything was spot on! The portion size was perfect for sharing, enough to feed a hungry 3 year old and myself, in fact we were full to bursting! The extra boiling water for the tea pot meant I got several cups of tea and the milkshake was massive! I would absolutely recommend this great cafe/restaurant and will definitely be eating there again!