“Seaview” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Bridlington
Beeston, null, United Kingdom
“Seaview”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Another trip to Brid and the Expanse. Lots of the rooms have and are being refurbished. It is a comfortable hotel and doesnt pretend to be anything else. We always go for a room with a seaview. What can be nicer than to see and hear the sea at all times of your stay. The Dining room staff are superb ! Very friendly and helpful ! Thank you Chelsea and Steve !

Room Tip: Seaview is worth it. If elderly or infirm ask for a lower floor as the lift is tiny . Have a full...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Paula F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was visiting Bridlington (from Birmingham) for the first time in 30 years with my Mum and sister. Unfortunately my son was unwell so my wife couldn't join me. I booked a double room. When I arrived I found I hadn't been allocated a sea view room so asked to be moved which was actioned without delay. The room was recently refurbished, with a very comfortable bed and well appointed bathroom. The only meal we had in the hotel was breakfast which was very much all you could ask for in a "Full English" - my only negative was that the fried bread was too oily!! I paid £98 for the room for two people to include breakfast. As I say, my wife couldn't accompany me so I did ask if there was a possible reduction and I was give £10 off for breakfast, I couldn't have expected any more really. So all in all, a very pleasant visit, we all enjoyed ourselves and I wouldn't hesitate staying at the Expanse again.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room when booking
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Having stayed in a back corner room(very spacious) the previous time, we opted to spend the extra and go for a sea view room this time. Don't bother. Room is tiny, and you can't swing a cat. Having paid half that for five star hotels in Europe, it certainly wasn't worth it. Could have had the same ocean view from the breakfast room the next morning. Breakfast was a good and tasty choice, with friendly staff though. Should move the breakfast staff to the reception desk, as the orange fake tanned reception staff very rude and uninterested in helping guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a back corner room, walk out front if you want to see the ocean
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank budgetfussy
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

My title is taken from a previous reviewer - which is exactly right - I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of my room and the friendliness of the staff (particularly the restaurant staff). I was just using the hotel as a one night base, having completed the C2C 'Way of the Roses' cycle ride - so I wasn't expecting 5 star - and the outside appearance of the hotel certainly doesn't support that thought either - it is tired and in need of renovation - but the interior was better - and our room was absolutely fine - far better than expected. This hotel is perfectly fine if you are just looking for some short stay accommodation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights b&b,taking advantage of the Sunday Special Offer for one of the nights and really enjoyed our stay,particularly as we had an excellent sea view room on the second floor and the breakfast was the best we have had for a very long time.
We had our evening meal in the Marine Bar which is part of the hotel, and the food was very good and home made. There is a good selection of beers in this CAMRA pub.
This hotel has been modernised and is clean, but retains it's old world charm and the staff are very friendly and helpful.
One note I would make for the management is the outside terrace area on the first floor is a great area to sit and enjoy the view out to sea, but it is not inviting as the tiled floor and the whole area needs a power washer on it and the frames around the glass need painting.
Visitors drop tab ends and cig packets on the floor,but maybe that's because it's dirty in the first place.This area is a usp for the hotel and should be made to look the part.
Having said that, we had a great time and will definitely book another stay.

Room Tip: Balconies are available on request with some sea view rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grandadcol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

booked in for one night, Monday to Tuesday.
Room spot on room 36 cracking view laid there in bed @ 5 am looking out as dawn broke.
Breakfast was good plenty of choice. Staff really helpful and will definitely be back later in the year

• Stayed June 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I stayed for 1 night and could not fault the hotel in any way. Our room was very good twin beds lovely bathroom. No view as such but we did not go for the view. The bar area and dining room are excellent lovely furnishings and fabulous views out to sea. Breakfast was super loads of fruit and cereals, yogurts etc and cooked meal was one of the best I have had in along time. We would definately book this hotel again. All the staff were friendly and helpful .
Looking forward to another visit later in the year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Liz W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridlington
Monarch Hotel
#4 of 121 in Bridlington
Manor Court Hotel
Manor Court Hotel
#35 of 121 in Bridlington

Been to Expanse Hotel? Share your experiences!