“Coach holiday”
Review of Monarch Hotel

Monarch Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bridlington
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

After arriving at the hotel was greeted by Richard the manager he made all the passengers welcome. Food was outstanding and four course to go at. Customer service was excellent and would highly recommend this as a local to stay at ★★★★

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank riktapper1972
Gemma A, Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for your very kind review of your stay with us recently.

I was extremely pleased to read your positive comments and have passed these on to Steve and his team who I know will appreciate the feedback. Your comments certainly reflect what we strive to achieve so thank you again.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again at some point in the future.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

A comfortable modest 2-star hotel well run by a diligent and efficient manager supported by polite and helpful staff. The food is adequate but not exceptional. The eccentric old-fashioned lift which does the job is part of this hotel's charm. The hotel front rooms offer commanding views of Bridlington Bay and harbour. The central but reasonably quiet location is a bonus and amongst other advantages, offers a pleasant and safe after dinner stroll along the sea front. The only downside was that two of the most historic attractions of the town were closed for the winter which Bridlington Council should try to address.

Room Tip: Fourth and fifth floors offer good views and are away from the large dining hall on the first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kay J

Thank you for your review of your stay with us recently

Your feedback regarding meals has been taken on board and will be discussed to see if there is anyway to make improvements for the future.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Came on an excursion to Brid and chose this hotel based on reviews. Good location on the seafront and easy to find. Comfortable and clean rooms and friendly service. The only downside is that breakfast could be more comprehensive, would have liked to have filter coffee rather than Nescafé.

Stayed: October 2013
Gemma A, Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback. It is nice to get complementary comments along with the constructive comments and it was pleasing to read you had enjoyed your stay

Reviewed 25 September 2013

On arrival the reception staff were very efficient and friendly and the booking in process was fast and painless. If you remember that this is a 2 star hotel and very reasonably priced it is very hard to fault. Yes the decor is a bit 1980's and the lift out of the ark but overall it is clean and comfortable. The breakfast provided a good selection and was of good quality with friendly service. The location of the hotel is one of the biggest assets being very near the Bridlington Spa and only a 5 minute walk from the centre. The only negative point was being accused of smoking in my room - which I certainly had not and would never done. The manager tried to tell me that the maids had Co2 monitors and that the readings in my room were higher than normal! I don't mind anyone making a mistake but then being fed bull by the manager did not lessen the unpleasantness of this experience. Only this incident marred my stay and overall it was adequate.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank JOHNMOORE180
Gemma A, Guest Relations Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

We read all our reviews and take any negative feedback very seriously and try to resolve any issues swiftly.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

As a coach driver and in a lot of hotels that I have stayed gets the you're only the driver treatment this hotel was far from that. I had a coach of recycled teenagers who were treated like royalty and indeed so was I. The staff are 2nd to none, very helpful and nothing is a problem. Corie on reception is fab, what a character she is very bubbly and always with a smile on her face and would do anything for you no matter what. The deputy manager greeted the coach on arrival and it was clear to me this was definately a great place to stay, he was fantastic and very welcoming. All staff in restaurant are great to but Mike stands out, maybe due to him constantly singing and always happy. I would have NO hesitation in recommending this hotel and hope I get to stay here again, even as a guest travelling by car and also as a coach driver. :-)

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Caroline L
Gemma A, Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read your positive comments and have passed these on to the manager and his team as I know how much these are appreciated.

We certainly hope you will be back to stay with us again at some point in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

me and my daughter we came for 8 nights in aug had brilliant time staff are fanstic my daughter didnt want want to leave she loved crazy mark(barman) we re looking into coming back next year to stay keep up the good work their :) i would recommend having bigger bath towels thou thats the only downside i found

Room Tip: we had a sea view would recommend
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Ellen E
Gemma A, Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read your positive comments and have passed these on to Steve and his team as I know how much these are appreciated.

Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Having just returned from a four day stay at this hotel all I can say is very good and well done to a great management team and fun staff...
Food at breakfast and dinner were served fast hot and plenty of it..
Entertainment on 2 nights were good quality..
Sure to return soon.. Our passengers had a great weekend

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Tony C

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to read your positive comments and have passed these on to Steve and his team as I know how much these are appreciated.

With Kind Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridlington
Expanse Hotel
#5 of 117 in Bridlington
Revelstoke Hotel
Revelstoke Hotel
#35 of 117 in Bridlington

Been to Monarch Hotel? Share your experiences!