“happy days &nights”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bridlington
camridges
“happy days &nights”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

me &my wife have stopped several times at the monarch and we have always been very pleased with the hotel and service we have been given it is a credit to the manager and staff we would be pleased to recommend it to any one who wants a nice time

Room Tip: first floor room7
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Gemma A, Public Relations Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for your review.

I’m delighted to learn that you enjoy the service and hospitality shown by Steve and his team at The Monarch and they will be so very pleased to read your kind review.

Thank you for taking the time to share and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We visited The Monarch as part of an organised group and were delighted by the the friendly welcome and service provided by Steve and his team throughout our 2 night stay.
The breakfast was plentiful and the hot option was freshly cooked. Other pre-organised buffet meals were also very good.
The bedrooms are not particularly exciting but good and totally adequate none the less and we'll certainly come again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review following your stay at The Monarch.

I trust you and your friends had an enjoyable break. With so much to see and do I’m pleased that breakfast got you fully fuelled for a busy day ahead!

Steve and his team will be very pleased to read your review and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Had a lovely five days there. Very pleasant staff and so very helpful. Not high tech but very clean and comfortable. Nice sea view as well. Always made to feel welcome. The staff couldn't have been friendlier and the entertainment at night was good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for sharing your personal experience at The Monarch.

I am delighted to learn you had a good break and enjoyed the hospitality shown by our team.

I’m pleased you found the accommodation comfortable and enjoyed the entertainment and hopefully we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Herne Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My partner and I have visited this hotel a few times now, in fact I did a review in July last year. We have just returned from our latest stay here, the hotel is owned by Grand UK Holidays through whom we take about 6 or 7 holidays each year travelling with groups of "recycled teenagers". Well what can I say about this hotel that I haven't previously said, Steve the Manager, Richard the Assistant Manager, Corie the Grand UK tour manager and crazy Mark the waiter/bar person all make you feel so welcome that it is really a pleasure to come back here time after time. I cannot mention all the other staff by name but in all the times we have visited here we have never come across any member looking unhappy (they may of course tear out their hair in private as I imagine some clients must be hard to deal with) but we always see happy smiling faces from the hard working and efficient staff. An indication to me is that for several visits, we rarely see many staff changes so I'm sure the working atmosphere must be good. The food is excellent ,very well cooked and presented, there is a comprehensive choice of menu and the service from the waiting staff is second to none, I must just mention "crazy" Mark again, he is just so amusing with his accent that all our table used to really look forward to meal times, what an asset he is. Corie, the Tour Manager for Grand UK also pitches in with many other jobs there but what an entertainer she is, as crazy as Mark (I say this in the nicest possible way) she has so much energy as I have said before, if I knew what she was on, can I have some please?
We had a twin room with a balcony facing the sea , not a massive size but perfectly adequate for two people, there is one little negative here which was the hot water system, in the bathroom wash basin you did have to run the hot tap for a very long time before getting any hot water, we didn't complain as there was a notice in there explaining that the room was located a long distance from the water tank, it did not affect us greatly but it does seem a shame to waste so much water before you can use it, I doubt whether much could be done about it though as I'm sure with Steve's efficient manner it would have been dealt with by now. I could go on forever about this hotel as I am so impressed for the price we pay, I just wish it were nearer as we would be pestering them more often but we will certainly be back. If anyone reading this is considering paying them a visit then please do, you won't be sorry and although it is a Grand UK hotel they do of course welcome all their visitors in the same way.Thank you Steve and Richard for leading from the front a very friendly and efficient team.

Room Tip: our room (no 4) was front facing, there were no problems apart from the hot water as mentioned in my...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shelagh t
Gemma A, Guest Relations Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

We read all our reviews and take any negative feedback very seriously and try to resolve any issues swiftly.

Bradford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Staff brilliant room spotless breakfast very nice Ideally located for Spa. Can't comment on entertainment as we went out on an evening but did return and have drinks late evening /early morning. Again staff were brilliant. We would stay there again and have rebooked. Only negative didn't like the coffee or sausages Thanks for great time

• Stayed May 2014

Scunthorpe, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed overnight at the Monarch and was greeted in a very friendly manner by the manager. The room was spacious and very clean, with a superb sea view.
Location was excellent right opposite the Spa, and close to the harbour.

Breakfast was served by very helpful and friendly staff, nothing too much trouble and plenty to eat!
Will definitely stay here again. well done to all concerned.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jane S

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Had a great time celebrating a friends birthday. We arrived on a very stormy night Richard on reception was very friendly. Our room was clean and beds comfortable and the food was good. The best point for me was how helpful and friendly the staff were they make the hotel what it is what lovely people. We were with a great group of friends and laughed all weekend. Downside for me was the entertainment.

Room Tip: 2nd floor with sea view and balcony and 5th floor rm41 was nice and comfy.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Hutchy60
Gemma A, Guest Relations Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for your review following your stay at our Hotel.

I am delighted to learn you enjoyed the hospitality shown by our team at The Monarch.

The staff work very hard to provide good levels of customers service and they will be very pleased to see this acknowledged in your kind review.

Pleased you had a great weekend away and had a good time celebrating your friends birthday and we hope to be able to welcome you back to our Hotel for future celebrations.