Tamarind Guest House
Travelocity
Monarch Hotel(Bridlington)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:

Ann & Brian Sheffield

Myself and my husband have been coming here since the early 90's, about a year after it opened. You are always met by a friendly welcome from Gerry with tea and biscuits. The accommodation is excellent, and the food even more excellent, as Anne-Marie always caters for individual tastes. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Another Bonus is they always treat you like one of the family.
Anne-Marie Gerry and Reece make your stay perfect in every way. This is why we always want to return year in year out.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank shirelocks
Reviewed 5 February 2009

Myself ,my husband my 3 children aging from 3yrs to 16yrs and my 2 extended children 16yr and 13yrs,stayed at the Tamarind guest house august last year and august the year before,and had a wonderful time.

On arriving we were greeted with hot drinks and biscuits and made very welcome before being shown to our rooms.

During our stay both times we have been treat like part of the family,Anne-Marie,Gerry and Reece are all so easy to get on with,staying with them is like home from home.

Myself and my family are huge Big Brother fans and every evening we would go back to the Tamarind and Anne-Marie would make sure we could watch big brother every night,regardless of whether she wanted to watch anything else herself,she`s great!!!!

The Tamarind itself is very clean and the food is excellent,i have 2 very picky children and Anne-Marie went out of her way to cook something that the children would eat, again it was no trouble to her at all.

my 2 extended children also loved their holiday at the Tamarind and both Anne-Marie and Gerry made them feel so welcome too.

We have stayed in 2 different rooms on the twice we have visited the Tamarind and both rooms have been clean and well - maintained,all rooms have tv`s in them and mini fridges and tea n coffe facilities,who could ask for more...

Our holiday at the Tamarind was a great experience and definitly one we will be repeating again probabley next year.

thanks to Anne-Marie,Gerry and Reece.xx

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank familywaggriley
Reviewed 5 February 2009

Tamarind is a small family run guest house All rooms have t.v & freeview, mini fridges, and tea and coffee making facilities. I have just been again!!!! and loved it as usual, i decided to put another review after my last visit as there has been a bad review which i disagree with! i stayed at the guest house again in july and december the tamarind guest house of which it is several occasions over the years and which my stays have always been fantastic. As always my visit started with a friendly hello from Annemarie and Gerry and a cup of tea/coffee I think that the guest house is of high standards of cleanliness, The full English breakfast is delicious and the service is good and quick. The room i stopped in is beautifully decorated and has a mini fridge with complimentary bottled water and tea/coffee making facilities. I especially like the folder on the bottom of the bed full with useful information with information about the guest house and local takeway restaurants etc.... Considering how close the house is to both the bus, train station and the centre of town (only 2minute walk if that) i found it to be good value for money. I would recommend this guest house to anyone wanting to visit bridlington or just to get away for the weekend. I have stayed here many times i always feel welcome and part of the family, i read the bad review and was surprised and what they wrote maybe it was a mistake as the foods fantastic, the rooms clean, i have never heard them scream or shout, its always been a quiet peaceful stay over the years, and the family extremely nice and welcoming!!!!! I Hope you visit soon.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank max452
Reviewed 31 July 2008

Our family have holidayed in Yorkshire each Summer since 1986. In recent years the holidays have been enhanced by staying at the Tamarind where the welcome, friendliness, meals, service, cleanliness and location are second to none.

You are met by a friendly welcome from Gerry and , after a 240 mile journey the coffee and biscuits are well received.

The meals are good Yorkshire fayre. A 5 course full English Breakfast destroys your diet. The evening dinners are English and excellent with alternative kids menu available. Anne-Marie always caters for individual tastes.

There are family, double and single rooms all with tvs, hot drink facilities, hairdryer, towels, etc. The lounge with Sky tv has a lovely feel.

The Guest house is near the shopping centre, harbour, beaches, leisure world etc. You are near Scarborough, Whitby, Hull, York etc. It is thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank oldmachar
Reviewed 21 April 2008

stayed at this guest house twice. this speaks for itself.
very friendly. ecellent with kids. ecellent food.
just like going home. good prices. they will accomodate to almost anything you ask. thank you walker family bolton.

Stayed: November 2007