“lovely position.spotlessly clean.very helpful”
Review of The Seacourt Hotel

The Seacourt Hotel
Ranked #55 of 117 Bridlington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I would recommend the Seacourt hotel to anyone, had no booking but was made to feel very welcome and even though there was only a double room vacant ,a bed was put up for my granddaughter,thank you so much for that,Everything, everywhere was spotless ,breakfast was lovely, with lovely fresh fruit salad and lots more choices then ,mmmm full English breakfast,freshly cooked.Lovely position,excellent place to stay, so helpful and efficient ,nothing was too much trouble Thank you so much and we hope to come back

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Dear everyone

My wife and I stayed at Sea Court Hotel this weekend.

We booked our room (probably the best), on the 1st floor it had a great bay widow with commanding views across the whole bay, fantastic.
The booking in and quality of service from the staff was efficient, polite and basically excellent.

Our room was spacious, comfortable, and we slept well !
The breakfast , this was probably the best I have ever had, well cooked, well sourced quality ingredients especially the bacon and black pudding !

Just to say, a thank you to everyone working there and well done.

Room Tip: sea view rooms, can.t go wrong
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Anne made our holiday. Nothing was too much trouble and everything was spotless, in room 10 and 11, also in room 1 when my father came to stay. The staff and all facilities were spot on. Thank you Anne, see you in June when I return with my wife and our friends

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We were booked into stay for two nights last week - We decided to cut our visit short and stayed only the one night as we had paid a deposit of £40.00.
On-line they describe themselves as a Boutique Hotel with parking for guests. Upon arrival there was no parking and although in the end she moved her car so we could get ours in, I did not like the feeling not being able to use the car if necessary, trapped in.
The room was tiny and a chair was blocking my way in and out of the bed if there had been a fire no-way would I of got out quick enough.
Breakfast was 8.30 - 9.00am well to us that's 9.30 - 10.00 far too late to be eating breakfast and also we wanted to go out for the day so by the time we had eaten had missed all the parking spaces and half the day had gone.
The "Waitress" was not very helpful, we had to ask for the butter which she plonked down and no Jams or Marmalades. The Tea was like dishwater and breakfast very bland.. I do better myself.
The waitress also was abrupt and showing her tattoos which is not very professional at all, she needs some training.
There was a cushion holding the fire door open at the top of the stairs which I duly removed as its a fire risk, also health and safety hazard, but I am sure it went back on the floor again.
We will not be going be going back

1  Thank Boozy
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I booked a sea view room over the phone and paid a deposit of £50. I received no communication from the hotel, not even a confirmation letter!.
On arrival and after ringing the bell 4 times we were told by the owner she had no booking for us!.
As a gesture she gave us a back bedroom at no charge for the first night but we had to re pack and move to the room we had originally booked for the day after.
Breakfast is a rush. You only have from 8.30 am to 9 am , so only half an hour is allocated to see to the guests from 12 rooms!
The waitress at breakfast was not only chewing gum, but kept calling me " babes"!!!!!!
The food was average but NOT award winning as the place states.
Whilst we were in our room the same lady from breakfast knocked on our door and walked straight in. My husband was in the bathroom at the time and I was half dressed. Ridiculous!!
There was never anyone on the desk to give you a welcome and on departure I was never asked if everything was ok or did I enjoy my stay.
I think the " boutique " hotel as they call themselves was not worth the money I paid. We felt a nuisance at break fast........... surely on holiday you should at least be able to enjoy break fast between say 8 am and 9 . 30 am.
You have to decide 24 hours before hand if you want kippers9 presume so they can defrost them ). The toast was pale and the tea was weak. Where is this award winning beakfast they advertise , because we never tasted it.
We will not be staying again, We have since found a fantastic hotel at a much better price .
One more thing to point out........... the door on the landing was wedged open with a cushion.......... I do not think this is wise.

2  Thank judy c
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We were booked in for the 6/7/8th last week, my booked well in advance and they allow pets, great!!!!! we arrived Tuesday of last week, to be informed that there was no booking, we were given the back room when in fact we booked a sea view room!! Breakfast was between 08.30 and 9 am, on the first morning we felt rushed as for award winning breakfast, I could do better,
on the 2nd morning the waitress was chewing gum, not good and very over familiar with the guests, We were interrupted in our room as the same person just knocked and did not wait for a reply, and just entered . on our last day we were not even asked by the owner if all was ok no real apology for the error of our booking, we won,t be going back they want to copy the bestworthhouse b&b in the old town and raise there standards

Room Tip: do not opt for room 1
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We stayed at the Seacourt for two nights in the middle of July. It was our first time to Brdlington and we found Seacourt on line trip advisor. We were impressed by the comments and so pleased we gave it a try. You won't find a better b&b. The journey is 2hours from us and we are pleased to have found somewhere nice to go for a couple of nights or so. It's good to find a seaside town on the up.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple