“Fantastic find: Nowhere else needed!”
Review of Sunflower Lodge

Sunflower Lodge
Ranked #6 of 117 Bridlington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I wanted to go to Bridlington to try and escape what I could of the royal wedding and found this little gem on Google. At just a couple of minutes, and in sight of, the North beach, promenade and sea, it seemed a good choice. The shops are only about 10 minutes walk down the road (depending how fast you walk that is, I'm a large person so take it at my leisure most of the time).

When I arrived, Isla made me very welcome and we started chatting like we had known each other for years. After signing the fire book, she showed me to the single en-suite I was staying in. The room was very spacious, well decorated and had adequate furniture for my needs. The en-suite shower room was also very nicely decorated and spacious with the provision of towels and complimentary toiletries (including shampoo and shower gel).

The dining room is, as is the rest of the house, nicely decorated and spacious with luxuriously comfortable seating in addition to the dining furniture. Isla gave me a menu list to make my selections for breakfast on arrival, and the list is very generous. I chose to go for the full English, toast and tea. The breakfast was fantastically tasty and very filling indeed. Isla asked me if I wanted more tea or toast and made sure that I had had enough.

After my wee jaunt on the Sunday, I spent an hour or so sat outside with Isla and John in the sun drinking tea. They are a very pleasant couple and extremely friendly and accomodating; there is no way I will go anywhere else in Brid' now (not unless I can find a full body shower for the same price...........but I doubt that - hahaha).

Room Tip: Book well in advance as it is very popular
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 April 2011

This B&B is a little gem, we have had some bad experiences with B&B's in Bridlington as we do expect a high standard when travelling. We have family nearby and this place will be our no.1 choice in the future.

Well what can I say:
Great hosts - we felt very welcome.
Clean rooms decorated to a high standard and not at all chintzy or outdated.
AMAZING cooked breakfast - highlight of the stay.

We could not ask for more really for a place to lay our heads when visiting family.

Room Tip: Just call and speak to the owners.
  • Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2011

I've stayed here quite a few times, and will always use this B&B when visiting Bridlington. It's only 5 mins walk to the beach, and 10min walk to the town centre.
The rooms are always immaculate, with tea making facilities, tv, comfy bed(s), etc.
The owners John and Isla will do their very best to make you feel really welcome, and nothing is too mch trouble. There's a large choice for breakfast, and you can pre-order everything the night before. All rooms have recently been redecorated, and to a lovely finish. Parking is available on the road outside, and the proprieters usually have a parking permit to exempt the parking restrictions. This B&B has a real homy feel and is great for couples, families, pensioners - just about anyone really. Fridge in room to store your cool items. One family room also has a PS2.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2010

We stayed for one night (many in Bridlington dont accept one night stays). We arrived early but that wasn't a problem for Isla. She was very friendly and checked us in quickly and made us feel welcome.

The room was spotless, very clean and tidy. We were right at the top in room 7 which had an en-suite which again was very clean.

Breakfast was lovely. Table all set ready. Both owners were very very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a quiet, clean place to stay that overs good value and very nice owners.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mezzerchick24
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Our first visit to the Sunflower, and we were very happy with what we found. The rooms are very clean and have every thing you could want. I would recomend this hotel for your visit.
No complaints of any kind, you even get a free car parking pass.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2010

The hospitality, accommodation and food at the Sunflower Lodge are all exceptional. The room we stayed in was of a high standard with many extras demonstrating a genuine sense of customer care. As well as a variety of tea, coffee and biscuits, fresh daily milk was provided in a small room fridge. The bed linen and towels were of a good quality and the room had a flat screen TV and internet access. The breakfast was beautifully prepared and the service was both friendly and helpful representing extremely good value for money. We would highly recommend this hotel. The owners make you feel very welcome and it is clear that they want to provide an excellent service.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2010

My wife & I chose the Sunflower Lodge after another guest house in the area we selected was full, and they recommended it. What great advice it was, as we could not imagine our original choice being any better. The Sunflower was cheaper too. Our room was a good size and very clean. It was a family room with a double + another single bed, but we were only charged at the double room rate. There were lots of extras you do not normally get at such a reasonable rate (£54 per night), such as our own mini fridge in the room which included fresh milk for the plentiful tea & coffee sachets supplied. The breakfasts were excellent, with a choice of fruit juices, cereals, croissants and fruit, a full English breakfast, or lighter cooked options. It all helped to make it a great weekend break.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple