“Excellent B & B in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sunflower Lodge

and 1 more site!
Sunflower Lodge
Ranked #6 of 118 Bridlington B&B and Inns
Alfreton, United Kingdom
“Excellent B & B in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

We have just returned from another stay at the Sunflower and once again it was excellent. The bed was very comfortable, the room beatifully decorated and very clean. The breakfast certainly set us up for the day, cooked to perfection and of a high quality. You leave here looking forward to going back - needless to say we are doing in two weeks time.
John & Jackie - Derbyshire

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jjdurance

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

We stayed for one night in May (not all B&B in Bridlinton offer this) while we visited Bempton Cliffs. We received a very warm welcome and we were highly impressed with the quality of the rooms. I have stayed in 4 star hotels that could learn from this B&B when it comes to the cleanliness of the room and customer service. We had a family room and our son was particularly impressed with the complimentary PSP. We liked the mini fridge with fresh milk for the tea and coffee. Breakfast was great too with plenty of choice. Congratulations to the hosts John and Isla for running such a great guesthouse we would highly recomend you stay here. We will in future.

• Stayed May 2011
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

I would reccomend this bed and breakfast to everyone. Not only is this establishment outstanding in decor, its matched by the friendliness of the proprietors who are a family run business and you can feel the warmth as soon as you meet them. Absolutely fantastic breakfast which sets you up for the day. Has plenty to do whether going to the beach, town or even local pub which i can say was top nosh and nice only having very short distance to walk back to our accommodation.

Room Tip: just ask and they will accommodate you
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

I wanted to go to Bridlington to try and escape what I could of the royal wedding and found this little gem on Google. At just a couple of minutes, and in sight of, the North beach, promenade and sea, it seemed a good choice. The shops are only about 10 minutes walk down the road (depending how fast you walk that is, I'm a large person so take it at my leisure most of the time).

When I arrived, Isla made me very welcome and we started chatting like we had known each other for years. After signing the fire book, she showed me to the single en-suite I was staying in. The room was very spacious, well decorated and had adequate furniture for my needs. The en-suite shower room was also very nicely decorated and spacious with the provision of towels and complimentary toiletries (including shampoo and shower gel).

The dining room is, as is the rest of the house, nicely decorated and spacious with luxuriously comfortable seating in addition to the dining furniture. Isla gave me a menu list to make my selections for breakfast on arrival, and the list is very generous. I chose to go for the full English, toast and tea. The breakfast was fantastically tasty and very filling indeed. Isla asked me if I wanted more tea or toast and made sure that I had had enough.

After my wee jaunt on the Sunday, I spent an hour or so sat outside with Isla and John in the sun drinking tea. They are a very pleasant couple and extremely friendly and accomodating; there is no way I will go anywhere else in Brid' now (not unless I can find a full body shower for the same price...........but I doubt that - hahaha).

Room Tip: Book well in advance as it is very popular
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2011

This B&B is a little gem, we have had some bad experiences with B&B's in Bridlington as we do expect a high standard when travelling. We have family nearby and this place will be our no.1 choice in the future.

Well what can I say:
Great hosts - we felt very welcome.
Clean rooms decorated to a high standard and not at all chintzy or outdated.
AMAZING cooked breakfast - highlight of the stay.

We could not ask for more really for a place to lay our heads when visiting family.

Room Tip: Just call and speak to the owners.
  • Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
DERBY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2011

I've stayed here quite a few times, and will always use this B&B when visiting Bridlington. It's only 5 mins walk to the beach, and 10min walk to the town centre.
The rooms are always immaculate, with tea making facilities, tv, comfy bed(s), etc.
The owners John and Isla will do their very best to make you feel really welcome, and nothing is too mch trouble. There's a large choice for breakfast, and you can pre-order everything the night before. All rooms have recently been redecorated, and to a lovely finish. Parking is available on the road outside, and the proprieters usually have a parking permit to exempt the parking restrictions. This B&B has a real homy feel and is great for couples, families, pensioners - just about anyone really. Fridge in room to store your cool items. One family room also has a PS2.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

We stayed for one night (many in Bridlington dont accept one night stays). We arrived early but that wasn't a problem for Isla. She was very friendly and checked us in quickly and made us feel welcome.

The room was spotless, very clean and tidy. We were right at the top in room 7 which had an en-suite which again was very clean.

Breakfast was lovely. Table all set ready. Both owners were very very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a quiet, clean place to stay that overs good value and very nice owners.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple