“A great B and B”

Ranked #38 of 118 Bridlington B&B and Inns
Leeds
“A great B and B”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

We stayed here recently on my surprise tour of N Yorks. A good location to visit the attractions and not to much noise. Everything you would want from a B and B and the staff where pleasant and dealt with any concerns. The room was standard with everything required whilst away from home. The food wchoice was good throughout our stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Versailles, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

The hotel is very handily situated, only 5 mins walk from the railway station, which was great for us.
Having read the reviews, we were sure that the VHH would be a winner, but it was actually a bit odd. When we arrived, Jane was kind enough, but didn't really seem all that bothered and couldn't recommend anywhere in particular for dinner. She said that they were all OK, but in actually fact, most were closed, as it was Sunday evening.
Our family room was a strange mix of contempory bedding, dated 1970s furniture and flakey paintwork. Cleanliness wasn't great, neither in our room (particularly the bathroom) or in the communal areas (particularly the toilets).
There were a number of old people, many of them seemingly staying quite a long time ; we counted six mobility scooters lined up in the corridors and TV lounge. I have e absolutely nothing against the older generation, don't get me wrong, it was just a bit of a strange set up.
Our breakfast, which was very nice and freshly cooked, was probably the highlight of our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RCBY
VHCooper, Owner at Victoria House Bridlington, responded to this review, 21 July 2012
I find it very bemusing to say the least, the room you stayed in is a very large family room with 2 full size singles and a king size bed, all new this summer, as is the bedding which was purchased in the last three months.
The bedroom was recently decorated and new curtains and a complete new bathroom installed so where did you see flaky paint and the bathroom not clean?

The only place there is flaky paint must have been in the communal toilet on the landing which is out of use at the moment and signed as such ! , why would you need to use an out of use toilet when you have an en suite ?
As for not being bothered , I recommend several places to eat and the one you chose to eat at I said had recently opened and we had not eaten there yet so could not say whether or not it was good.
I telephoned the taxi company to see how much a taxi would be to Flamborough and also checked bus timetables and recommended somewhere to eat when up there, when you returned I asked how your day had gone, I fail to see how all this is not being bothered?

There is no way there was 6 mobility scooters in the hallway. we only have 2 ground floor rooms a twin and a family. There was a family of 3 people in 1 room and a single lady in the other between them they had 2 scooters and a wheelchair – there is physically no way 6 scooters can fit in that area.

I can confirm that myself and staff asked you if everything was ok and with the room - and you said you were happy so If you were so displeased by the room and cleanliness to the point of writing this review - why did you not report this to us during your stay?

Thank you for the comments about the breakfast.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Hello, my name is timmy and I was one of the students from old stratford primary school! I really enjoyed the visit, and I'm sure I'll go again! I felt very welcomed and the staff and food was great!!! If u do remember me- I was one of the 3 people in the corner table( and I was the one in the corner ) I remember watching the footie on TV. I miss Victoria house, and the sea! Thank you sooooo much, BEST HOTEL EVER!!!

From Timmy. Aged 11, from old Stratford:)

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank TimmyWarzybok
Wiltshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

We booked this B & B as it was close to the Register Office in Bridlington and we were going to a family wedding. We asked if we could arrive early to change into our wedding outfits and there was no problem at all. When I found my outfit was slightly creased from the journey and asked for an iron, Jane took my trousers and pressed them herself. After a restful night in a pleasant room, we went down for break fast where my husband order a full 'Yorkshire Breakfast' and I ordered scrambled egg on toast. It turned out to be the best cooked breakfast my husband had tasted and mine was piping hot. Lovely cup of tea too. Thanks to the proprieters, we only stayed one night but enjoyed it and would recommend it to our friends.

Room Tip: We were in Room 4 which was a family room. The railway track is at the bottom of the garden but quit...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank topgran
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

We booked in here for one night ( 2 adults and 2 young kids ). The owners are very friendly and can't do enough for you. The room was fantastic, a double room for the adults and a separate room with bunk beds and a single bed for the kids. The bathroom was excellent. Breakfast was fantastic. If you want a warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome and a relaxed value for money stay then you won't go far wrong staying at Victoria House. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Stayed at the hotel whilst working away and was really pleased we chose to stay there. Hotel was clean & tidy, my room was a good size with digtal tv & free wifi which was great. Paul and his wife really went out of their way for us and made us feel really welcome. Real home from home, thanks Paul for making our stay a pleasure.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
paul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

when we arrived we got a very warm welcome and nothing was too much trouble the food was excellent and the hosts were on hand for any questions we had about the local area. the landlord even helped us set up our mobile phones:~).
the cleanliness was exceptional plenty of storage and the bedding felt new.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple