“cramped”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We visited Audreys today with parents and daughter and we found the upstairs seating area very cramped for 5 people and no help sorting table out . waitress seemed more bothered about talking to her friend and son than taking our order and we had to call her back 3 times as she kept walking off before we had finished ordering . We ordered 2 medium fish which was on kids menu and that was ok for an adult but for a child far too big . My daughter aged 4 had sausages and chips which came and she enjoyed what she had but left a lot of it . I had the pie which the price on the childs menu is £4.70 and main menu is £4.80 can someone please tell me what adults get more for the 10p ? is it just a few more chips ? . maybe you should have smaller meals at a cheaper price for children and leave the old childs menu for adults as there are a perfect size unless someone wants a large fish but the large fish didn't look that much bigger if at all . We enjoyed what we had but next time would share with daughter as her meal too big

1  Thank mary a

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We called in the cafe for fish and chips and mushy peas, I found a pebble in the mushy peas. I pointed this out to the waitress, who said "You're the second one today that's found a pebble in the mushy peas" and walked off.
Needless to say not going again.

2  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 8 April 2014

After walking 5 miles round Flamborough head, we descended on Audrey's with fond memory's of previous visits over 30 years and was not dissapointed to find the same high level of cleanliness and good presentation by the staff. We are not your usual big appetite eaters so the menu was confusing as it only offered large Fish and chips or just large Fish so asked for a child's size portion, which was still high quality Haddock and head to tale touching either side of the plate, so I don't think we could have managed a large portion. This option should be on the adult choice as small fish and chips The tea was lovely and served with the same high standard of service. Well done and a big thank you to the staff. Linda,Gary and Brenda from North Ferriby

1  Thank Gary825
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Called here recently first time In two years husband said the fish was lovely just like the old days I had the fish cakes which were very nice. A good old fashioned fish and chip shop we will call again.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Went to Audrey:s today for fish and chips and I must say this was the worst fish I have had for a long time. I have been to Audrey:s before about two years ago and it was outstanding, I don:t know why the big change in the quality. Also the surly guy behind the counter should give a charm school a visit.

6  Thank Howard G