“Nice room, comfy bed, clean bathroom, road noise”

Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Haydock
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Friendly greeting on arrival even at 10:30pm.
Liked the bedroom, wood flooring, clean lines, great bathroom, comfortable bed.
Tasty breakfast with a good choice of hot and cold dishes.
Would recommend this place and would go back.
This place ticks so many boxes its a shame that its spoilt by cheap windows in the bedrooms that don't keep out any noise.
I'm a heavy sleeper so didn't mind the noise, light sleepers will struggle.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms are on the East Lanc Road side - ask for a room with an even number at least they o...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Norman B

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stay in the area regularly to visit our daughter at university, but this is the first and last time that we will use the Ramada Encore. I appreciate that this is classed as a budget hotel, but it makes the Premier Inn hotels look lush. On arrival we were met by a grumpy lady on reception who had no interest in welcoming us, only in the method of our paying. The rooms according the brochure are clean and modern, to me it was cold, clinical and had the feel of a hospital room. The bed is without doubt the most uncomfortable we have ever slept in. In the end we decided to sleep on top of the inch thick duvet to give some more padding. It is the first time I have ever had to sleep fully dressed in a hotel room. The wet room bathroom looked nice but as soon as you use the shower it floods the entire area so that you have to use the toilet and sink whilst standing in cold water. The TV had an exciting choice of five channels (how is this possible with digital tv this days?) and the reception on some of those channels was extremely poor. The only good thing that happened was that when our door card refused to work on arrival back at the hotel on the second day, there was a very friendly man on reception who sorted it out for us. Overall the two day stay here left us feeling very flat, not to mention tired after appalling nights sleep and poor quality accommodation. Will definitely not be returning here again.

Room Tip: Dont choose this hotel but if you do ask for car park side, it is much quieter
2  Thank Jane H
gmhay, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am sorry to read that you were not comfortable, had we been made aware of your issues at the time we would have made every attempt to resolve them.
I hope that you will choose to stay with us again at some point in the future and we will make every endeavour to make your stay more comfortable.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Very clean, spotless and comfortable bed and bathroom, good car parking( I was towing) ,easy to find and only five minutes from the M6 , Staff ok and businesslike.

Breakfast was included in my booking.com deal, perfectly ok ,biggest challenge to keep everything hot , but then that applies in other places too

..and the cost £34 for the room and £8 for breakfast

I unsuccessfully tried to book a room on Saturday afternoon for that night ...

Room Tip: Preferably not above the entrance if you dislike smoke
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 1amnotanumber

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed for one night only.... luckily , front desk staff were positively surly to the point of rude,the rest of the staff were just unfriendly .
Rooms were getting scruffy and were very noisy from the road outside,the bed was small but fairly comfortable and the room very hot with no facility to turn the heating down.
We had stayed here a couple of years ago and the place was really nice,but has really gone to the dogs,
Will not be staying for a third time it was a relief to leave!

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Cmoomy

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I am very disappointed to read your comments regarding our team, we aim to provide a high standard of customer service and please accept my apologies that this was not forthcoming during your stay, I will certainly discuss your comments with our team.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Me, my husband & toddler stayed here for 3 nights & we loved it. all staff so friendly & helpful. Rooms very clean & tidy. Bed was so comfy & had good three nights sleep as no outside noise could be heard. Even other guests in the corridor could hardly be heard. Internet connection was good in the room so managed to get on line. Breakfast buffet was much more variety than we expected. Ample car parking spaces. Would defiantly stay again. thanks for having us.

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night on our way back to Scotland following a business meeting in Warwickshire. We found the room clean and comfortable, the only downside being the fact we were allocated a room on the first floor overlooking the external bin area. We didn't risk opening the window but it was no big deal.
The two young ladies at reception we dealt with were both very helpful and professional.
We wanted to eat early and the dining area didn't appear to be set up so we decided to try the restaurant/carvery across the car park from the hotel. However, it being late Friday afternoon, we found it very busy with loads of kids running about and decided not to bother. We went to an excellent Table Table restaurant at the Premier Inn a couple of miles to the east down the East Lancashire Road. Excellent value and big servings.
All in all we found the Ramada Encore very comfortable, clean and good value for money. Will definitely stay there if in the area in future.

Room Tip: Away from the external bin area!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I am pleased to read everything was to your satisfaction and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future.

Resident

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I finally managed to book a table in this restaurant, my first attempt was quashed when I mentioned Tastecard, with the excuse it was residents only and my second attempt failed when Tastecard was mentioned, saying they were full. I called 3 hours later and booked a table no problem without mentioning taste card until the end of the conversation.

I booked a table for 4 and advised them that two of the party were elderly and disabled. We arrived early and asked if we could order early which was agreed.

We ordered drinks and waited in the bar. The bottle of wine we ordered was wrong and when we told the barmaid she was abrupt and said that was the one we ordered. To my surprise the starters were brought to us in the bar and we had to ask to have a seat in the restaurant. Overall the food was of good quality and tasty, however the soup was warm and not hot. The food presentation was not good, the plates were too small and the table was small and not dressed for a three course meal. When the desserts came, we had to wait for cutlery.

When the bill came the tastecard entitled us to 50% off the bill, however they had not taken 50% off the total, only on some of the items. When I challenged this the restaurant manager did not even acknowledge me but did reduce the bill to the correct 50% amount. Overall service was good but upon challenging the bill, staff were very unhelpful which spoiled the evening.

I booked here because they were local and signed up to the Tastecard agreement but found the experience was overly challenging and unprofessional and will not be dining here again.

1  Thank mdq02

Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies in relation to your recent experience, I appreciate you contacting me directly and I assure you that we will take excellent care of you on your next visit.

Resident Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Haydock
Travelodge Haydock St. Helens
#1 of 1 in Newton-Le-Willows
Premier Inn St. Helens (A580/East Lancs) Hotel
The Hillcrest Hotel Widnes
Good Night Inns Bay Horse Hotel

Been to Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock? Share your experiences!