“Clean,modern hotel.”

Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Haydock
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I had a very pleasant overnight stay at this hotel on my way back from Chester Zoo,about 35 minutes away.I received a warm,friendly welcome from the reception staff and was given clear directions to my room.It was on the 3rd floor so i used the lift.I was very impressed with my spacious,spotlessly clean room.Wooden floor.Comfortable double bed with good quality bedding.19 inch Philips tv but no text or subtitles.Beautiful,large shower room.Shower surrounded by glass panels.The sink area was also made of glass.Double green sofa.Radiator.Hairdrier.Tea,coffee making facilities.The hotel is in a lovely area.A large modern pub/ restaurant is in the same car park.The free car park also has bays at the entrance for disabled drivers.This was my 1 st - ever stay at a Ramada Encore hotel and i was very impressed.I will book a longer stay next time.

Room Tip: Book a room facing the car park and not facing the road on the other side.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kenny S

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed for one night during a coach trip to Chester and Coronation Street.
Have to say that room was very good and spotlessly clean as was rest of hotel.
Evening Meal was probably the norm when catering for a coach party with very small portions choice of 3 starters, main course and sweet. The waitresses worked hard and smiled despite being short staffed. May be a wider food choice a la carte.
After meal the "bar" area was very quiet so we ventured to pub next door and wished we'd had the carvery there which looked excellent.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the Car Park and heard no traffic noise in the night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Marie_Miller_GM, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Roy,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and thank-you for your kind comments, I am sorry the food was not to your satisfaction and your comments have been noted.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Was like eating in a school canteen. The wooden floor was dirty and badly marked. Food presentation poor. Pork served with ready made frozen chips.All condiment were saches. An all round poor evening. If your driving down the A580 ..drive past this place

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Harry,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent Groupon experience with us, I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy the food or the ambience in our Hub area, I understand that our modern décor and style of presentation does not appeal to everyone. Once again I am sorry we did not met your expectations.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Okay if travelling
Rooms are very clean
Stayed in the same Hotel at Bournemouth and it again was reasonable
Booking through the Hotel is more than website for Hotel bookings which seems bizarre
Wet room is a good idea but not designed very well

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ken,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will look into your comments regarding the rates.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Let me start by saying my wife and I had a good 2 night stay at this hotel and we have no major complaint. We had a reasonable sleep on both nights. The room was clean and we liked the walk in shower. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was goodk. Good value for money.

As I say we have no major complaints but we did find certain things that in our opinion could have made our stay much better. I list them as follows:

1. The TV signal was very poor and some channels were not available at all. In our room we could not get BBC2 and we could not get Channel 4. The picture quality for the rest (few channels) was very poor. I have noticed that this has been mentioned before on other reviews so it does not just relate to the room we were in. In this day and age I am sure better picture quality and more free view channels could be made available (like in other similar hotels).

2. WiFi in our room (and probably most rooms) was none existent. They do provide an Ethernet cable to connect to laptops in the rooms but this does not help those with IPad's or Smartphones. WiFi is good in the public area downstairs. I am sure they could provide good WiFi to all rooms like other similar hotels do.

3. The beds are very small. It would be better if they provided king size beds like the Premier Inn Hotel chain do. Although we had a reasonable sleep we did find the double bed small and hard.

4. In our room there was a thick radiator next to the bed, on my wife's side. It's very close. She got up to go to the toilet one night and as she got out of bed she collided with the edge of the radiator, leaving a nasty bruise on her thigh. It would be better if the radiator was on another wall or if the bed was further away from it.

5. Breakfast was good but as it's often the case some food on hot plates gets cold very quickly. Although most of the food on the hot plates was hot some was cold or just tepid (bacon, hash brown and eggs in my wife's experience this morning). Personally I enjoyed my breakfast very much and the staff cooked my scrambled egg to order (not available on the hot plates I'm glad to say)

6. As stated we liked the walk in shower. However, we would have liked a shelf or something in the shower area to place our wash items (shampoo, conditioner, soap etc). We had to pick things up from the floor to have our shower. Could be a problem for the elderly or someone with a bad back.

Having said the above my wife and I would happily stay at this hotel again. My comments are more for future guest information and not a complaint in any way. It's a good place to stay in our opinion and you could not ask for more helpful staff. I will say however the drink at the hotel are very expensive. There is a nice pub across the road (Lymewood Farm) with less expensive drinks and nice food.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road. Lots of noise from traffic. Also if you need internet in the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ray,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I appreciate you taking the time to give a constructive overview of your stay.
In relation to the TV system we are currently investigating a new system and the new TVs we are purchasing come with built in free-view and therefore more channels are available.
At the moment we don't have Wi-Fi in our bedrooms however it is something we are considering for the future.
The remainder of your comments regarding the room layout and fixtures and fittings I will pass on to our owners. I hope your wife has recovered and once again thank-you for your feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst on business.

Good value hotel, friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast is good value (£7): good choice from cereal through to a full English.

On the main highway to Liverpool so if you're a light sleeper ask for a room at the back rather than the front of the hotel (odd numbers).

Will happily stay here again if I'm in the area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back at some time in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed in May for one night on a coach trip. Rooms were spotlessly clean, although we had room on the road side & was very noisy. We had booked a twin room, beds were actually a double bed & a pull out sofa bed
Evening meal was very small portions, all on our table joked about going to pub next door for supper.
One lady on the table complained her sweet was cold & the response was a shrug of the shoulders by the male member of staff. A female staff member was also very abrupt at the evening meal.
Breakfast was much better, much hotter food & different staff who were very friendly.
No air con in rooms & with windows open you can't even hear the tv from the road noise.

Room Tip: Rooms at front are noisy from road noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Brenda,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am sorry to read that not everything was to your satisfaction. I will address your comments with my team and I hope should you choose to stay with us again in the future you will enjoy a greatly improved experience.

Marie Miller

Also consider these accommodations in or near Haydock
Mercure Haydock Hotel
#3 of 3 in Haydock
Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23
#1 of 1 in Newton-Le-Willows
Mercure St Helens
#3 of 3 in St Helens
Central Liverpool
Ibis Styles Liverpool Centre Dale Street

Been to Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock? Share your experiences!