“GREAT VALUE HOTEL” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23
“GREAT VALUE HOTEL”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Spent 2 nights at this hotel and found it great in all areas - friendly and helpful staff, clean room with modern bathroom, great choice of breakfast and loved the pancake maker ! Very nice spa with steam room, sauna and small jacuzzi. Only one tiny complaint - no change given in the vending machine !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Guest_Response_TA, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Yumbelina
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Trip Advisor website following your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Haydock.
I'm glad you found us to be great value and enjoyed your 2 night stay with us.
Please be assured that I will share the detail of your feedback with the team and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Hotel Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Thsi is the first time I have ever stayed here. I normally stay at the other Holiday Inn just around the corner but since I had my partner with me I thought the pool and everything would be a nice addition for the same price. Looking at the hotel both on the site and in person it looks like every other Holiday Inn. Its clean, big, has a large restayrent and a bar which is open until late. This hotel had a pool fitneess centre etc.. as well which was nice. I have come to expect highly from IGH as a brand and left Accor for them so this review isn't going to be pleasent to write.

Our room was booked through a disabled agancy. I requested obviously a disabled persons room.

We arrived and were bookd in earlier than we should be which was nice (about 8am)

We we NOT get the disabled room
The room we got was on the top floor which put me at risk.
They refused / told me they didnt have any other rooms to put me in. A quick search on the IHG site showed rooms available. Staff just didn't want to move us.
Obviously no pull cords, alarms etc.... which I need for my stays sometimes.
The room was too hot. The A/C didn't work in cooling mode and no one had a key to make the window open anymore. Part of my condition is heat related.
My bed was a rockface on a cliff it was harder than concrete. Did they do anything about it? NO
Nothing offered for this alone but thats not the only problem.

Incomplete toweels in room
Room had slow running water which took an age to warm up.
3 sgars and 2 milks? 4 tea bags? hello? Whats wrong here. 2 people....
Asked reception for mroe milk they didnt have any, didnt know where they were or whatever still no excuse.
Staff NO staff knew how to get to the hotel from Warrington Central. NO ONE
We got internet free as I am a gold member but it wouldnt let us use it. we followed the instructions ive been through this enough times to know. Expand on capacity.
bathroom should have had bubblebath - had to go to house keeping.
No power sockets why? Well we had them just in the wrong places and not many.
Food was lovely but when you ask for a burger with no lettice why make me wait 40 mins for one with lettce? the wrong order? another half hour.
reception stuff lovely but bsy n slow.

As if I couldnt already sleep I was woken up at 7am by the fire alarm. It was also very noisy with the window open either way we gotta suffer.

Rant over. This hotel will never see me again, Ive been offered nothing they dont even bother ro reply to your emails they cant be bothered. I emailed in 3 times asking how to complain.

My honest review sorry

Room Tip: Poor signal on EE and 3. Top floor for that. o2, Voda fine
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jamie P
Guest_Response_TA, Manager at Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear elixier22
I regret that we fell below your expectations regarding room allocation and amenities therein, and I apologise sincerely for your overall disappointment in your stay.
Please be assured that your feedback has been reviewed and forwarded to the appropriate departments for their information and action as we take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously, and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.
We hope you give us a chance to restore your faith in us in the future.
Peter Hill
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Just stayed in the holiday inn at haydock and had a great stay frendly staff and very nice room
havig stayed at the thistle hotel and the premier inn both near haydock park racecourse the holiday inn is on apar with the thistle and better than the premier inn we stayed in room 415 a very quiet room at the back off the hotel we had breakfast at a cost of £10 95p if bought when you booked in or it would be £12 95p if you bought on the day of the breakfast I have to say the breakfast was well worth it I would also like to add that we had a smashing day at Haydock Park races so we are now looking forward to the next time we stay at the Holiday inn

Mr J E Davies

Room Tip: could only recommend top floor as that was the floor we stopped on the room floors have carpets down...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Guest_Response_TA, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your short stay with us and that you will stay with us again in the future. Please be assured that I will share your feedback with the team who look forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Staff made me feel welcome and created a nice family atmosphere. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants good standards of hospitality.
You won't be disappointed.
Easy access to and from M6, swimming pool, steam room, sauna.
Room was quiet at night.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bluefinn100
Guest_Response_TA, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear bluefinn100
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend the hotel to others. Please be assured that I will share your feedback with the team who hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

The hotel itself is well located for motorway network and was main reason for staying here. As IHG Platinum i got an upgraded room, so perhaps my review will sound ungrateful!

The public areas are pretty good, nice, clean and modern.

The bedroom was well below par, not what you would expect for a Holiday Inn - I'd be embarrassed if i had booked any friends or family into here. I have attached the pics which describe the problems better. If it were one or two issues you could let it pass, but there are a catalogue of problems relating to cleanliness, maintenance and in summary housekeeping. Such a shame, its as if they won't spend any money to maintain a decent standard - its as if perhaps a refurb is coming up so until that happens they will let the rooms be run down.

Room Tip: Nice breakfast.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Guest_Response_TA, Manager at Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear CV76,

As a Platinum IHG Rewards guest, you are one of our most loyal and important guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned that the bedroom fell short of your expectations. We take the confidence our guests place in us, to provide an environment of comfort and value, very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Your comments have been shared with the Housekeeping Manager and will be used to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Should you wish to discuss the matter further, please contact me directly at the hotel.

Yours Sincerely

David Pickering
Operations Manager
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 days whilst on a training course with work, reception area is very spacious and light, reception staff very friendly and helpful.
The rooms are showing their age a little bit, however mine was very clean and had a comfy bed.
The restaurant is great, wide selection of food to please anyone, the breakfast staff were brilliant, very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
My only gripe(and this is nit picking) the blinking barrier out of the car park, every morning I forgot to look at the code on reception so had to ask other guests at the barrier(which didn't go down too well) or run back to reception, totally my own fault really.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Guest_Response_TA, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear mikewhitt 1959
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and found the team friendly and helpful throughout. I will share your feedback with the team and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Durham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed at the Hotel for one night whilst visiting Wigan for a rugby league match, not badly situated for that and £9 each way in a taxi. Reception lad gave me good advice on taxis and what time to set off to avoid traffic, good choice of drinks although a little pricey, food was good although we used the bar menu. Room was great (executive room for 2 adults or our 2 kids) good television and shower/bathroom good. Breakfast excellent as was the pool for a refreshing swim before leaving. All staff very pleasant, will return as a base for the north west.

Room Tip: choose executive room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Guest_Response_TA, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear PhilnKaren
It's good to read that you found all the team pleasant and that you enjoyed your room, breakfast and use of our health club.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you next need a base for the North West.
Hotel Guest Relations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton-Le-Willows
Mercure Haydock Hotel
Premier Inn Haydock Hotel
#3 of 21 in Warrington
Premier Inn Wigan (M6 Jct 27) Hotel
Premier Inn St. Helens (A580/East Lancs) Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23? Share your experiences!