My first impression when I first arrived at the hotel is: it's in the middle of nowhere! No shops or restaurants within walking distance and we don't see any taxis line at the hotel. However what makes our stay really pleasant is the staff here, they are friendly, polite and helpful. The ground scenery surrounding the hotel is beautiful with lots of greens. For transportation, we could easily book a taxi with the hotel front desk and it doesn't cost us extra to travel as compared to using a metered taxi. However we did encounter a slight problem getting a taxi back to the hotel from Liverpool. Some taxi drivers might not want to drive all the way to Haydock due to traffic and distance.
Food served in the hotel restaurant is good too which makes it okay for us even though there are no other restaurants outside the hotel. The fire alarm went off on the first night of our stay but there are very clear directions of all fire exits around the hotel and the matter was also quickly resolved without causing any trouble for the guests. The room is spacious and clean, but there is no safe in the room, and the bathroom also shows signs of ageing though it really doesn't bother us much. There is a pool table and slot machine by the bar to keep us entertained in the hotel.
All in all our stay is really pleasant and satisfactory, the only setback is the location which is really not the hotel's problem as we came here to visit Anfield but we could not get any room in Liverpool so the next nearest option is to stay here. However if your business is around this area then I would strongly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Haydock Hotel is superbly located just off Junction 23 of the M6 next to Haydock Park Racecourse and serves as a gateway to the entire North West Region. In close proximity to Manchester and Liverpool via the A580 that links the two cities. Also within a 15 mile reach of the hotel are the towns of St Helens, Warrington, Wigan, Leigh and Bolton.The hotel offers Standard, Executive and Accessible Rooms all offering High Speed Internet Access and all are Air Conditioned.The Holiday Inn Haydock combines an excellent range of facilities for both Business and Leisure travellers including Kids Stay & Eat Free* The hotel has full Leisure and Fitness facilities, Restaurants and Bar serving food and drinks throughout the day, 24 hour room service. The hotel also caters for Conference and Banqueting events for up to 180 people making it an ideal location for Weddings, Seminars and Training courses. Parking (including a total of 4 accessible parking bays) is free for all guests using the hotels facilities The hotel makes the ideal base for visiting local attractions including Haydock Racecourse, Liverpool , Trafford Centre, Manchester United Football Club, Manchester City Football Club, Liverpool Football Club, Everton Football Club, Wigan FC and Aintree Racecourse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Haydock m6, Jct 23 Hotel Newton Le Willows
- Newton Le Willows Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Newton Le Willows
- Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23 Newton-Le-Willows, Merseyside