“Standard”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whiston
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Standard”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed here this weekend as part of a trip to watch Liverpool fc. Staff were friendly and room/breakfast was great considering the price we paid through a deal as being members at the de vere group but I warn all guests to avoid room 101! We didn't get in until 1am, but I was continuously woken up by guests coming home laughing and shouting as the room is right next to the lift/stairs to other floors!
I would come back though but only if I could get a better room.

Room Tip: Avoid room 101
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sarah M, General Manager at Village Hotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear JadeyB1990,

Thank you for your recent feedback. I am pleased that on a whole the experience at Village Liverpool was a good one.

I do hope that you would consider staying with us in the future, if so please contact me directly at the hotel to arrange a suitable room for your stay.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Hugely disappointed as been at de vere Cardiff which was great. Restaurant had new hot rocks menu. Totally smoked out and smelling. Had to ask to move tables as not offered. No extraction, very poorly thought out. Music and dj extremely noisy, not at all family friendly. Did not expect people in an adjoining room to be running up corridors, laughing and joking till 2.45am. Then drunk people decided to set the fire alarms off about 1.30am. Three times. To cap it all the staff set it off again at 6.45am. Couldn't wait to go home, absolutely shattered. Nightmare. Never again. (Shame to write this as the staff we're lovely)

• Stayed October 2013
Sarah M, General Manager at Village Hotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Arj17,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my apologies that the stay was not up to standard for you, I do believe we have since resolved the issues experienced. If you would like to discuss anything further however please let me know.

Kind regards.

Travellers are raving about these Whiston hotels

Nottingham
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The noise at night is unbearable. We stayed as a family on Friday and Saturday and could not sleep until after 12.30 when the disco and tribute acts had stopped. Despite many calls and trips down to Reception in our night wear! Staff were used to these requests and just said it was a tribute night so it will go on until 12.30. No effort was made to turn the noise down despite them saying they had asked the DJ to do so. As a weekend guest you are an inconvenice to them if you are not on a party night package. Never stay here if you want to sleep before midnight and don't expect the Manager or staff to understand about the noise.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Penny N
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I visited this hotel with my family and it is without doubt the worst Village hotel I have stayed in. The hotel is only interested in it's themed party nights and functions and doesn't give a damn about the hotel guests. This is evidenced by the fact that the music is so loud it reverberates around the hotel and you cannot sleep through it this is unacceptable and when you are travelling with a family this is even more unacceptable. We complained to the staff and were told that the music would be turned down.., it wasn't if anything it got louder, On the second night we went to reception again and again nothing happened.

You could tell the staff were used to these complaints but why advertise yourself as a hotel when all you are is a nightclub with a few beds?

The hotel rooms are also extremely old fashioned and need a complete refurbishment our room had a bath which was so marked you would not have got in it and a heater which only worked sporadically so you were either stone cold or felt like you were in the sahara!!

The restaurant food was also below standard we had Steak and Ribs and the Ribs were dry and overcooked and the steak was a poor piece of meat which would not have been able to be improved by cooking it was so poor.A treacle pudding also came out stone cold and my daughter had a banana split with the oldest mouldy old piece of banana imaginable .... completely inedible... I felt sorry for the hotel waiting staff as they were genuinely nice people dishing up rubbish food.

The hotel is a disgrace.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Sarah M, General Manager at Village Hotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Daniel D

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry you were disappointed with your recent stay at the hotel. I believe we have had a conversation since to resolve the issues, however if you wish to discuss anything further with me please do not heistate to contact me at the hotel.

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Having booked a rare night away for my wife, my 2 young children and I, i was disappointed by the quality & service of this hotel, given my previous experience at Village hotels. The last 2 stays I've had at this chain have always been close to 4* experiences but this was a low 3* hotel experience. What annoys me more is that it was a toss up between a Crowne Plaza hotel and this one (both £95) but I wrongly chose this one.
When booking i read that all these hotels had Starbucks & Spa treatments , I emailed ahead on the arrival day to book a treatment for my wife. Not only did I not receive a reply but when we arrived we were told that this one didn't have a Starbucks or spa!( one if the reasons we booked here and not CP).

Not long after checking-in we went for a swim, using the family changing area we thought would be a good idea, but again were somewhat disappointed when we told the lockers didn't lock, the changing area wasn't very clean and the shower had poor pressure. The swim however was nice.

We then ate and went back to our room for the evening. Sadly again we were disappointed by the sleep we had. The walls seemed to be paper thin and the fact the toilets and the lift (we must have been next to) both made a lit of noise all night. Never mind the hen parties or groups that were coming and going through the night.

Breakfast however, took the biscuit! For the first time EVER at a hotel we were asked to sit in the lounge area and wait! Never before has this happened in all my hotel experiences. The annoying thing was there was a table free for 4 as we entered the restaurant. Not sure why we couldn't have that one?
Then as we settled in to enjoy what should be a better part of the trip we asked what veggie options they had ( it is the 21st century after all) to which my wife was told we should have let the hotel know when booking! Not, "I'll go check and see."!
Thankfully they accommodated us and the breakfast we have was above average thanks to the veggie sausages they found!
We had one more pleasant swim then checked out.
Do I wish I was asked "how our stay was"? Yes, then I would have told them this instead if writing this review!

We won't be rushing back.

• Stayed October 2013
Sarah M, General Manager at Village Hotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Ben S

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that your stay was below expectation and the high standards that we pride ourselves on here at the Village in Liverpool.

If you would like to discuss the points raised further, please contact me directly at the hotel.

Chester
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I visited this hotel for a hen night that I organised in July of this year. I must say that the hotel could do with a bit of a spruce though overall it was great.

The staff looked a tad bored but were more than friendly and eager to help.

Facilities were ok though again could do with updating, very popular with families on the Saturday morning when we were all hungover :-(

Food good, rooms nice and we attended a tribute night that was great fun.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank tracieo
Sarah M, General Manager at Village Hotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Hi tracieo

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

i have a voucher and fancied a nice nice out with the husband on saturday, tried to ring for over an hour but just rang out, ok it was saturday afternoon, and they were probably booked up for the evening, but it would have been nice even if there was a message to say they were fully booked, but after hanging on the phone for ages, just told they cant take my call and please call back later, not even a facility to leave a message, and no facility to book online, ill try again as ive paid for the voucher, but not a good introduction, not impressed

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paula d
Hi paula d,

Thank you for your feedback. My apologies that you have been unable to get through to the hotel to book on this occasion.

Your booking is of course important to us therefore please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel directly on 0871 222 4596 and I will be more than happy to look into this for you.

Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whiston
Village Hotel Wirral
Village Hotel Warrington
Village Hotel Warrington
#10 of 21 in Warrington
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,631 reviews

Been to Village Hotel Liverpool? Share your experiences!