“Excellent”

Village Hotel Liverpool
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whiston
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here quite a few times recently on business and it gets better every time, the facilities are brilliant especially the gym and swimming pool. The bar & restaurant is excellent and the rooms are spacious and clean with sky channels. But most of all the staff are fantastic, always smiling and happy and they really go out of their way to make your stay a unforgettable one. Whenever I'm in the area this is the first hotel I look for

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Village Hotel Liverpool

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Hotel with my Parents, as we planned to explore Liverpool.

The Hotel was easy to get to and looks attractive. There had been a slight mix up with the booking website but this was easily resolved by the excellent Receptionist. She recommended a taxi into town and this was about £13- the Hotel booked it and it arrived quickly.

The rooms were very good value- good size, plenty of wardrobe space, clean.

We had a drink in the bar when we arrived back at the Hotel and thought the prices were very reasonable.

I used the pool and thought this was excellent- really good size with Spa pool, sauna etc.

The staff were really friendly and helpful.

We will most definitely use again.

1  Thank Emma H
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I enjoyed Mothers Day this year as I spent a couple of days at Village Liverpool with my children and grandson. Our rooms were comfortable and clean. Staff are friendly and efficient very helpful. The atmosphere in the bar and restaurant was pleasant and the food was very good. The carvery is excellent value for money. There is a lovely pool and gym area too. All in all a super break we will be back. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I have been a member of the leisure club since the week it opened a number of years ago and swim every morning. In the past twelve months the state of the pool has been nothing short of a disgrace. There is a dirty tidal mark around the pool which hasn't been cleaned for over three months. The last time it was cleaned was when it was pointed out to the leisure centre manager. The water is cloudy, over the past four months there have been five days when the visibility inside the pool is greater than two meters. Sometimes the pool has been that dirty people have swam into each other. Other times it has been that bad the pool has been closed. I have raised this issue with receptionists who can not do a thing about it, I have discussed it with the team leaders who say "the water is too cold, the water is too hot, it's not my fault I have been away for a few days." As a group of members we have taken our own samples of the pool water to determine what the issue is. The results are due early next week...I have asked the leisure centre manager to contact us, no reply. I have left a message on the regional managers telephone, no response. I have left a message on the website, yet again no response. All I ask for is for someone to deal with the cleanliness of the pool and the clarity of the water. Is it normal to have paper floating in the pool for five days running? Do the filters work? Do the staff trained in how to keep a swimming pool clean and clear for more than a couple of days? When was the last time the resin was replaced in the filters? Why does the water smell? Is the company not prepared to invest in reliable filtration and heating equipment? Is it also too much to ask to have toilet roll available in the gents changing room when the facilities open at six thirty? Is it acceptable for members to have to walk through reception in their costumes to find a toilet with toilet roll available? I have also stayed in two other Village hotels, both facilities were excellent...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank crossleys
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Only staying one night , it wasn't good. The beer in the pub was truly AWFUL, I was told that glass washer was broken and had been for some time and the management had no intention of fixing it.i would have thought that if you are paying up to 5 pounds for one drink you would expect clean glasses. The staff could only apologise. A clear case of very very poor management. Dirty glasses meant I went elsewhere for food, didn't trust the kitchen !

2  Thank bellyfull001
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is the second time we've stayed at the De Vere Village Hotel.
The staff are very friendly and professional. The evening meal we had in the restaurant was very good and breakfast the following morning likewise. Not keen on buffet type breakfasts but understand the business model. All the hot items were fresh, good quality and well cooked.
The accommodation is standard budget hotel, we were in room 219, but very comfortable, clean, spacious and provided all that was required. The free WiFi is an added plus. We would return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2014

16 of us attended this restaurant recently for a family meal, the girls serving were excellent, but the food was not, I had a Butchers choice steak, which was cremated and tough, it arrived on a large plate with a small cone of what were described as skinny chips, I was extremely dissapointed by this meal, this restaurant is trying to be fine dining and failing to acheive that, the other members of my party were equally dissapointed, and I think in future we will go to J.D.Wetherspoons where I have had superior quality of food at a more realistic price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whiston
Suites Hotel & Spa -  Knowsley
Mercure St Helens
Mercure St Helens
#3 of 3 in St Helens
Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport

Been to Village Hotel Liverpool? Share your experiences!