“Crap :-(” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whiston
South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Crap :-(”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed with work for 1 night.
Rooms hot, stuffy and dated.
No bottled water or biscuits in the room.
Broken hairdryer.
We ate in the restaurant and the food was terrible. I went to bed hungry and skipped breakfast as I could face another rubbish meal.
Won't ever stay again

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Luluboo77
Mike D, General Manager at Village Hotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Geminizc,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please accept my apologies that your recent stay was not up to standard. We would like to discuss this further with you and hopefully rectify these problems. If possible could you please contact Kayleigh on 0151 449 2341.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I attended a party night here this week with a group of ten girls with a range of ages the food was ok but not amazing the entertainment was fantastic though, the staff where very helpful and bar staff where very good the dj definitely rocked the place .

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Dawnie2502,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind feedback.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed the tribute night and hope to see you again in the future!

Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Whilst I would not say the restaurant food was exceptional it was a lot better than many hotels of this type. The rooms were very clean and had everything you could expect the staff in particular were very helpful and friendly and nothing was to much trouble. There is a lot going on here with party night etc so not necessarily a place to choose if you want a quiet weekend away. The location however is superb minutes off the motorway and no trouble to find despite what previous reviews have said. Receptionist told us of the rail service from Whiston a couple of minutes up the road into Liverpool Lime street which we used both days we stayed cheap and efficient . Would return if only for the staff alone thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Dear Gary C,

Thank you for such kind feedback, we are glad to hear you had a great stay!

I will ensure all of your comments are passed onto the team.

We hope to see you again soon at Village Liverpool.

Swanley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in June 2014 on business.

The bed itself is very comfy, but aside from this the restaurant service is very poor and the food is of poor quality also.

Worst still was my room was directly above a major boiler which blew most of the day and night.

I would not stay again honestly.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank garryturner
Dear garryturner,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the incidents which occured during your stay, this is not indicative of the usual standards at Village Liverpool. Should you wish to discuss this matter further please call Kayleigh on 0151 449 2341.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Although it should have been a 10 minute journey for me it took 1.5 hours to find this hotel, apparently sat nav's cannot locate by using the postcode you need to put Fallows Way into them! On arriving in my room, the toilet had been used and not flushed and contained no toilet roll, I was moved to an adjacent room which was okay, apart from no matter how long it ran the shower remained cold. The rooms are extremely hot and couldn't find a way to turn on the aircon, because of the noise and the proximity to the M62 it is not possible to sleep with the window open. The tables in the restaurant are old and worn and the glass wear very dirty and encrusted with insects, the food leaves a lot to be desired. I had made a block blocking for 13 rooms, none of us got a good nights sleep or had positive feedback to give on this hotel. After eating an evening meal that took a long while to serve, we retired into the bar, which shut promptly at 11pm and we were advised there was no drinks service available for residents.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Chris O
Dear 10ChrisO,

Thank you for taking the time to write feedback regarding your recent stay at Village Liverpool.

Please accepy my sincere apologies that your stay was not up to standard. We would like to discuss these problems further with you, could you please contact Kayleigh on 0151 449 2341.

Sutton, null, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I visited the hotel yesterday evening for their 80's evening at £18.95 a head I didn't expect smoked Salmon and Caviar but I did expect edible food. The starters was melon and orange upon a bed of rocket and onion .. Now I know I'm pregnant but even that's a bit strange of a craving even for me.. Even more baffling was the accompanying bread roll ! Melon sandwich anyone ? the vegetarian option of sodden rice and I think it was supposed to be mushroom stroganoff ! Although it had no taste what's so ever I had to send back as did two other members of our party of 34 the other two vegetarians left it. It was replaced with a plate of hard dried out vegetables and then eventually some cold gnocchi ! In a side dish.

I asked to speak to the manger and was told the general manager wasn't in but the young waiter said that he would go and get the duty manager... The young man then came back to tell me that the manager was too busy to deal with complaints but we could have a complimentary round of drinks ... I then questioned was this for all 35 people he said no just the vegetarians. !! I said this wasn't acceptable and Infact an insult ... What type of business does a supervisor not come out and speak to a customer with a complaint ! Obviously one that doesn't care. I was also informed that in cases where food is mass catered things slip through !! I'm glad it wasn't my wedding they had catered then... I have been to theme nights elsewhere before and never had a problem.. But this should be avoided unless your that drunk you can't tell what your eating or you really really don't care.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Mike D, General Manager at Village Hotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Sue W,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any problems caused during the tribute night.

I was wondering if you could please contact our Meetings and Events Manager Peter on 0151 449 2341 to discuss this further.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I took my partner here for his birthday! The staff were amazingly helpful and there was a bottle of champagne placed in our hotel on arrival for the occasion which we found lovely. The room was a good size with a 32" working LCD. The breakfast in the mornings were beautiful & Unlimited which my partner loved! There was something for everyone too, Full breakfast, Continental, Cereals & Fruit with Yogurt which i thought was amazing! When we returned to our room after the day out in Liverpool on Saturday our room had been neatened up and tea/coffee facilities were replaced which was good for us bru drinkers :D. All in all the entire weekend in the hotel was amazing, with incredible staff!!! :D

Room Tip: King rooms are amazing!! Beds are incredible