“Quaint amid few quality options in the area”
Review of The Tudor Lodge

The Tudor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eastcote
London, United Kingdom
“Quaint amid few quality options in the area”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The old lodge is quaint, the rooms are spread around various buildings in the property. I rented a room for my sister in the main building, which is designed for hobbits, but my room in the barn like structure was more normal with modern amenities. One of the few hotels that doesn't change sheets everyday like the placards say, though they do change towels daily. I do yoga in my room, and noticed the lack of vacuuming with fluff all over the carpet. The breakfast is very good and all the Eastern European staff have been very attentive. Very good amid next to lots of low quality options in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

On arrival we were directed to room 2 above reception, after 5 minutes I had found a packet of old opened pastries in the cupboard and a used and hair covered soap in the shower, took these down to reception and got an apology. Couple of hours later after having a shower I was in reception again to complain about the terribly strong `eggy` drain smell that seemed to engulf the room every time the tap/shower/or toilet chain was used and the disgusting and very questionable stain on the towel. Again an apology but could not change rooms until next night.second room in new building was much better. Since our stay I have complained to the manageress who was most unhelpful and clearly does not really care about providing a decent and fair service. AVOID.

1 Thank Kathp274

Travellers are raving about these Eastcote hotels

London
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

When we arrived at 3.30pm we thought our room which we were told we could check in to from 2pm would be ready. We had to wait 20 minutes while it was cleaned so at least I hoped it would be clean - alas not! Please see the photos for a selection of the stains on the freshly made beds! The bathroom was also filthy and full of stained tiles, bath & toilet along with a missing towel rail. The kitchenette was also stain central! The windows were rotten, the nets filthy & the bedside drawer full of conkers!!! The TV only had terrestrial TV, the restaurant was closed to us so we had to go out for food. The room was smelly & the 'luxury' toiletries stank so badly my daughter actually heaved in smelling my hands as I passed her after using the soap!!!! Thankfully it was a one night stay. I can only pity anyone forced to stay longer in this filthy, out of date hotel!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Edge4444
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have not stayed here for many years and I was impressed when I turned up. On the plus side, the breakfast served was excellent, apart from the service. The food was very tasty in a delightful restaurant area, which was very modern. However, not one waitress approached us, so we just sat down and then chased them for toast and some extra cutlery, the latter never arriving. No smiles or conversation either, although I am not sure the waitress spoke any English! The bedroom was very small and needed updating (Room 9). The bathroom was extremely old. The toilet was needed throwing out. The pan was heavily stained and just needed replacing, full stop. The toilet seat would not stay up and when seated, the whole seat swivelled and moved and the top seat fell down! (I am not big, honest). The hall lights are on all night and very bright and with gaps under the door, it wasn't very dark in the bedroom. As an old building, the hallway floor boards are very creaky, so not a good nights rest.For £80 B& B, I was very disappointed.The Ramada at Sth Ruislip is much better value for money at £55. I wouldn't return.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We've stayed at the Tudor Lodge 3 times in the past but not for a few years. I have to say it's not what I remember. Everything is fine at first glance, nice Tudor building and all the new build rooms look nice too. Unfortunately the new room we stayed in had a few cosmetic failings like wobbly and non-functioning light fittings, knobs missing from the shower and a soap dish which barely clung on to the wall. with this all said it was a comfortable, quiet room and the staff were good but thin on the ground. It's good for location and transport and Eastcote has a good few places to eat and drink.

Room Tip: Go for a room in the old Tudor building if you can.
Hopton on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed here Sept 2013 for one night to go to see concert at Wembley Stadium. Was easy to get to on the tube from London and to the concert that evening. Nice tudor style building and was greeted nicely on arrival and the staff were very helpful from booking on line to arrival. Our room in the new annexe was very nice with all the facilities you would need, from tea and coffee etc to wifi,tv, room service etc. Bathroom nice and clean as was the room and our bed was comfortable. Good security on the doors. The bar is a small bar but the breakfast room was nicely laid out with a good variety of breakfast food, from full english breakfast fried/grilled, cereals, croissants, fruit juices,tea and coffee. Staff very helpful. We have stayed in lots of very nice hotels and found this one was nice too and clean and well run. It is a 3* hotel and as 3*s go, this one was one of the better. If you are used to staying in 4* and 5* ;hotels then yes you would not expect the quality to be as good obviously, but for a 3* it is up there. Can`t complain at all.

Room Tip: Cant help because we booked over the net and took what was given on the day of booking. Although we...
1 Thank kevin31157
Sticklepath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

One night stay prior to an early flight next day. Arrived 3.30pm to find no spaces in car park ! Hotel doesnt have enough spaces for its residents (even with double parking), although does find that it can use one space for building materials. After finding space to leave car and being told that I'd have to be disturbed if it needed moving, found a wedding reception in progress. Room was ok, needs a lick of paint, but bed comfy enough. No food available for me so walked to Eastcote. Left before breakfast was available but no offer of something to go. Reasonable price, so you get what you pay for. Next time will check out other options.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastcote
The Barn Hotel
Premier by Eurotraveller Hotel, Harrow
The Red Lion Hotel
The Red Lion Hotel
#2 of 5 in Uxbridge

Been to The Tudor Lodge? Share your experiences!