“Never EVER get married or stay here!!”
Review of The Tudor Lodge

The Tudor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eastcote
“Never EVER get married or stay here!!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My brother had his wedding here sat 14 June. I had looked at the reviews on here and decided not to risk the high room rates and book somewhere good, we stayed at the Ramada which is a 10 min drive away. And boy am I glad we did! When I got there to help the bride get ready she was in room 22 I thought it was very creepy and dated but she seemed to like it. As the day progressed it became clear how incompetent the staff are and how unprofessional they are. We were left waiting in the bar throughout the duration of the wedding and this room was not bit enough to accommodate us and there were only 22 people and there was never anyone behind the bar to serve so if you wanted a drink it was a game of hide and seek with the staff (they are VERY good at this game) I am heavily pregnant too so as you can imagine this game was fun with my swollen feet! Then at the reception meal we were crammed in like sardines and the service....? Ha! People were sporadically getting their food at different intervals and the groom and bride were often last! Including when the wine was being poured out (which they had brought with them!) I had to tell the "waitresses, who could not speak English well at all, that the bride and groom should be first and told them what colour wine and they told me the rose had run out! So the bride had to have something else. Then during the second course some peoples food was scolding hot, others cold, some people had finished theirs by the time other people had got theirs and the 2 young children got theirs last I had actually finished my meal by the time my poor 4 year old got here food! Then pudding came again some hot some cold then when everyone had near enough eaten it they brought the custard out! We didn't know there was custard. To top it off a kind waitress poured coffee and me and didn't say a word! (remember I am heavily pregnant) all of this on top of the meal being 1 & 1/2 hours late to start. Theeeen the disco was supposed to start at 7 but yep you guessed it it was seriously late and didn't get started til half 9! Also cleanliness is a foreign idea to this place too, my daughter was barefoot most of the evening her feet were jet black and then when she went outside for a bit barefoot they were cleaner!! Really a place where you have to wipe your feet on the way out. Gross. Overall summary - useless staff that can't speak or understand English very well, dirty, unorganised (could organise a p**s up in a brewery!) and overall joke. My tip - book into the Ramada!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Sabrina1986Wilson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The hotel is an easy walk from Eastcote tube station and it is a lovely area to walk through. We stayed in the new wing and it was comfortable and spacious. The breakfast was good apart from cold beans, and I must point out how helpful the waiting staff were when I requested a fried egg (the standard is scrambled). The outside area wasn't the mess we were anticipating either.
All in it was excellent value for money and we were happy with our stay.

Room Tip: Stay in the new wing of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 27 May 2014

All together a satisfying stay. 500 years you can see, smell, hear and feel. Breakfast is ...english...
Nice staff, cheap beer at the bar, quite, close proximity to the Underground. Outside could have been cleaner and should have been in a better state.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
xmialoux
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Having stayed here for one night only I would never return.
The room was very basic and looked like it had been decorated in the 70's and not updated since. I'm not sure where the million pound update went but it certainly wasn't in the room I stayed in nor the thread bare carpet on the stairs.
The plumbing sounded like it had been put in in the victorian era as we had to flush the toilet before turning the tap on to stop the noise from it. There was also a constant banging throughout the night from an unknown source.
When boyfriend asked at checkout why his card had been taken three times he was met with a very surely reply from the guy at reception.
There are better hotels not to much further away for a similar price.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank xmialoux

Travellers are raving about these Eastcote hotels

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Having read the tripadvisor reviews, we were very sceptical so we visited the hotel a week prior to our stay to check it out. We were given a room in the new wing, the room is clean and nicely decorated. However, the bed was very uncomfortable. We had breakfast on all three days, food was average but I enjoyed the fresh fruits.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new building.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

If you need to be in Eastcote then there is possibly no alternative but to stay here. It is within comfortable walking distance of Eastcote station, has adequate parking facilities and breakfast is ok; otherwise it has very little going for it. The dingy and dated rooms are of variable size with variable facilities, including showers that defy all attempts to maintain a consistent temperature.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank northernblue109
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed here for one night instead of the four we were booked in for - due to the appalling service from the receptionist, the dirty state of the room and that we weren't getting any value for money. Just because it is an old Tudor lodge from the 15th century - does not mean that the place has to smell and look like it! Little things really made it a bad experience i.e.:

1. Smallest bathroom on earth, with a corner shower cubicle that barely fit my partner in - and he is not a big guy.

2. Light switches hidden behind the headboard – so it took us awhile to find them!

3. Surly reception staff

The greeting was not welcoming, in fact as we had arrived early, we asked if the room was available, and if so – could we change into clean clothes in the room and leave our bags there till the evening. We were informed that we would have to pay an additional night for this privilege, hence we were forced to open our luggage in the bar area (to get clean clothes) and then use the bar bathrooms to change in.

After one night of staying there, we decided we’d had enough as this place is a rip-off! We would definitely NOT recommend that anyone stays there.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ruby N N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastcote
The Barn Hotel
Premier by Eurotraveller Hotel, Harrow
The Red Lion Hotel
The Red Lion Hotel
#2 of 5 in Uxbridge

Been to The Tudor Lodge? Share your experiences!