“Pleasant, but not perfect”
Review of The Tudor Lodge

The Tudor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eastcote
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Pleasant, but not perfect”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Only stayed one night(have stayed here before), room perfectly ok, in new block at rear, quiet. Shower room designed for disabled, which is great but not quite enough room to manoeuvre with seat there and limited movement of shower head. Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was buffet style which is not to my taste. However I would stay again as its value for money, and close enough to London, whilst making getting out via m40 easy, avoiding too much traffic.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have never been in a Hotel before where the floors were so dirty you had to go outside to clean your feet. The staff were so unprofessional, they make Manuel from Faulty Towers look like a first class inspiration. The toilets even lacked the basics, i.e. toilet paper soap and no way to dry your hands. The bar staff oops sorry there was no bar staff, if you wanted a drink you had to go and search the kitchen for somebody to serve you. By all means use this cesspool when you have a function planned and I will look forward to reading your negative report. The Ramada only 11 minutes away is totally opposite, it is a first class Hotel, clean, friendly staff and good bar service.

Room Tip: Pitch a tent in the back garden
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank colgig

Travellers are raving about these Eastcote hotels

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My brother had his wedding here sat 14 June. I had looked at the reviews on here and decided not to risk the high room rates and book somewhere good, we stayed at the Ramada which is a 10 min drive away. And boy am I glad we did! When I got there to help the bride get ready she was in room 22 I thought it was very creepy and dated but she seemed to like it. As the day progressed it became clear how incompetent the staff are and how unprofessional they are. We were left waiting in the bar throughout the duration of the wedding and this room was not bit enough to accommodate us and there were only 22 people and there was never anyone behind the bar to serve so if you wanted a drink it was a game of hide and seek with the staff (they are VERY good at this game) I am heavily pregnant too so as you can imagine this game was fun with my swollen feet! Then at the reception meal we were crammed in like sardines and the service....? Ha! People were sporadically getting their food at different intervals and the groom and bride were often last! Including when the wine was being poured out (which they had brought with them!) I had to tell the "waitresses, who could not speak English well at all, that the bride and groom should be first and told them what colour wine and they told me the rose had run out! So the bride had to have something else. Then during the second course some peoples food was scolding hot, others cold, some people had finished theirs by the time other people had got theirs and the 2 young children got theirs last I had actually finished my meal by the time my poor 4 year old got here food! Then pudding came again some hot some cold then when everyone had near enough eaten it they brought the custard out! We didn't know there was custard. To top it off a kind waitress poured coffee and me and didn't say a word! (remember I am heavily pregnant) all of this on top of the meal being 1 & 1/2 hours late to start. Theeeen the disco was supposed to start at 7 but yep you guessed it it was seriously late and didn't get started til half 9! Also cleanliness is a foreign idea to this place too, my daughter was barefoot most of the evening her feet were jet black and then when she went outside for a bit barefoot they were cleaner!! Really a place where you have to wipe your feet on the way out. Gross. Overall summary - useless staff that can't speak or understand English very well, dirty, unorganised (could organise a p**s up in a brewery!) and overall joke. My tip - book into the Ramada!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Sabrina1986Wilson
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The hotel is an easy walk from Eastcote tube station and it is a lovely area to walk through. We stayed in the new wing and it was comfortable and spacious. The breakfast was good apart from cold beans, and I must point out how helpful the waiting staff were when I requested a fried egg (the standard is scrambled). The outside area wasn't the mess we were anticipating either.
All in it was excellent value for money and we were happy with our stay.

Room Tip: Stay in the new wing of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 27 May 2014

All together a satisfying stay. 500 years you can see, smell, hear and feel. Breakfast is ...english...
Nice staff, cheap beer at the bar, quite, close proximity to the Underground. Outside could have been cleaner and should have been in a better state.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
xmialoux
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Having stayed here for one night only I would never return.
The room was very basic and looked like it had been decorated in the 70's and not updated since. I'm not sure where the million pound update went but it certainly wasn't in the room I stayed in nor the thread bare carpet on the stairs.
The plumbing sounded like it had been put in in the victorian era as we had to flush the toilet before turning the tap on to stop the noise from it. There was also a constant banging throughout the night from an unknown source.
When boyfriend asked at checkout why his card had been taken three times he was met with a very surely reply from the guy at reception.
There are better hotels not to much further away for a similar price.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank xmialoux
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Having read the tripadvisor reviews, we were very sceptical so we visited the hotel a week prior to our stay to check it out. We were given a room in the new wing, the room is clean and nicely decorated. However, the bed was very uncomfortable. We had breakfast on all three days, food was average but I enjoyed the fresh fruits.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new building.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastcote
The Barn Hotel
Hilton London Wembley
Hilton London Wembley
#3 of 12 in Wembley
Jurys Inn London Watford

Been to The Tudor Lodge? Share your experiences!