“Great location for a pre Twickers kip”

Ramada Hounslow - Heathrow East
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
Hertfordshire
“Great location for a pre Twickers kip”
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I was a little aprehensive about going to this hotel as some of the reviews on here are quite negative. My boyfriend and I however had a wonderful two night stay.

The beds were comfy, the room was clean and cool. The service was great and the breakfast was lovely.

Some of the negatives on here talk about noise from the planes. Yes they can be quite noisy, especially when the windows are open. However we did not find that it kept us awake or disturbed us. They become infrequent in the evening.

Other people talk about the are not 'feeling safe' - I plainly don't know what they are talking about! I thought it was a very nice area of London. The people were freindly and there was no trouble at all. What's more it was sunny whilst we stayed and there is a lovely big park that was full of families enjoying the sunshine nearby. There were also a handul of nice places to eat - I highly reccomend the little Polish restaurant near the hotel.

The main purpose of our stay was to go to an England rugby match, the hotel was about a 30 minute walk from the stadium, and there is also a bus if you don't fancy the treck!

The only snag that we hit was parking. You cannot reserve spaces in the hotel car park, and even if you could it is pretty expensive. Check out parkopedia.co.uk for lots of parking ideas in the area.

All in all I have nothing bad to say about this place. We will probably stay here next time we are lucky enough to get tickets for a match!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dani-Elizabeth86

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I had arranged to meet friends in the reception/coffee area for a pre-holiday meeting. Regrettably this 'glass house' area was like a sauna and was uncomfortably hot (it was a warm cloudy day). In fact it was so hot we had to abandon our meeting and move onto Costa Coffee just down the road. (your staff were unable to provide another area for us to sit). Otherwise if was a good hotel, great location, staff were very helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Newcastle on Tyne UK
Reviewed 20 July 2011

I spent 2 nights at this hotel recently. It is very convenient for Heathrow airport and near Hounslow Central tube station.

The double room I stayed in was a good size and had tea and coffee making facilities, a TV, shower ( no bath ) wardrobe with hanging space.

My main problem with the room was that it was too warm. The heating/air conditioning controls were pre- set and could not be altered. The window was locked and I was unable to open it. I did fill in a maintenance card regarding this but as I was only there for 2 nights it had not been attended to before I left.

The hotel was very busy with what seemed to be large parties of young foreign students so the reception area, and the immediate area outside the entrance were often very crowded.

This hotel is fine for the price and is suitable for short stays if you want to be handy for Heathrow. Hounslow itself has plenty of local shops and places to eat.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 6 July 2011

If you're thinking about using this property for a quick morning getaway to Heathrow then it will serve your needs just fine. If this is going to be a holiday in London setting, you're in trouble. The tube is very close and as long as it is running, you're about 10 minutes away from Terminals 1 & 3. The rooms are comfy, the wifi works, and, all in all, it is a fine property with a good breakfast. The best part is that you hardly hear the constant roar of planes landing overhead. There's some good soundproofing in the hotel for sure.

But here's one for you: In the evening I used the bathroom in my room. I innocently closed the door behind me. I went to open the door and....nothing. The handle turned fine, but it didn't engage the latch. The door was completely locked from the outside.

Trapped!

So there's me in this soundproof bathroom with no escape windows or telephone. It wasn't looking good. I took a few steps back and threw myself, rugby tackle-style, at the door, just above the lock. To my surprise the lock stayed intact. To my even greater surprise the door and the door frame tore out of the dry wall and it all landed on the bed, with me on top of it all.

I went down to the reception to tell them that I had had to kick their door in, and the room looks like the Rolling Stones, in their day, had their way with it. The night manager came up to have a look. He was baffled at first, but I reassembled the door frame to show him that the door handle was useless on the inside. He agreed, apologized profusely and offered me a full English breakfast for the trouble.

So, all in all, that was certainly one of my top 10 weirdest hotel experiences. But it didn't put me off of the place. It is quiet, comfy, and the staff were courteous, even in bizarre situations like that. I would recommend that you give it a try, but keep an eye on those bathroom locks!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Bobert_11
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Spent one night here cause it was clsoe to Heathrow. Went to London for the day, due to tube problems, we didnt get back until 6:05pm. And everything was clsoed. Finally found a pub near the Hownslow Central tube stop

Room was very basic but fit our needs. Quick walk to the tube stop and short tube ride to Heathrow made it worthwhile

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 June 2011

You're definitely not in London when you stay at this hotel, but you are a 2-minute walk from a 45-minute Tube ride. The clean, spacious, contemporary rooms are a good trade-off. Plus, Hounslow has its own High Street just a block away, where you can see the suburbs' ethnic diversity and pick up a pasty from Greggs.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Clean, comfortable hotel. Nothing special, but did the job. The best ting was it was 100m from the Underground station, on the Piccadilly line which has many attractions. Good for getting in and out to Heathrow for shorts stays. The staff were very friendly and helpful also.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple