“5 Star Service at a Budget Hotel”

Ramada Hounslow - Heathrow East
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Reviewed 18 October 2011

The staff are what make this a good hotel. The front desk is very pleasant and efficient. Check-in and check-out were super smooth. We had a late check in at 10pm. The room was a handicapped accessible one which had a weird bathroom setup reminded me of a prison bathroom. Tiny sink. Shower toilet and sink all in a big tiled room. The room we first had was on the fourth floor but the a/c wasn't working so the front desk graciously moved us to the third floor. Same handicapped accessible room style. The bed was on the soft side as were the pillows. The room itself was spacious with a flat screen tv mounted on the wall at the foot of the bed.

The breakfast and lunch were tasty and convenient. A bit more expensive than the rest of the area, but I didn't feel like exploring after a 13 hour flight from Hong Kong.

The staff were super accommodating, allowing me to check out later and booking me a taxi for my next trip to the airport. The hotel is about 15 minutes from Heathrow. Because my wallet was stolen in China, the hotel workers helped me use my credit card for everything including the taxi. Super wonderful crew there. Top notch. If I was in London and needed to be near the airport, I'd definitely stay here again.

The lobby is very nice and has free wifi.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 October 2011

About what you would expect for a Days Inn. Room was a good size. Bed was a good size and fairly comfortable. Everything was clean. Free internet.
And very close to the Hounslow Central tube station.
Just be aware that it's about a 45 minute tube ride to Kings Cross...can be a little tiring coming back late at night after going out to the theatre.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Stayed 1 night - very reasonable @ £45 incl Continental Breakfast. Not too bad an area - quite a few small mini markets and a few restaurants. Hotel and room very tidy and clean, car park £10 per day, staff very helpful and courteous. Great for a centre of London meeting the next day. Hounslow Central tube no more than 80 yds away - 45 min into Holborn direct on Piccadilly line. Overall very good value and easy to get to from the West of England. Only downside is that next door there's a derelict block of buildings which had obviously been set on fire recently which were a complete mess and a mecca for some dubious characters. If I was running the hotel I'd be a bit annoyed that it downgrades the area. Otherwise I was more than happy with the hotel

Room Tip: Try to get room at back of hotel to avoid disturbance from traffic but not that much of a prob.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2011

The hotel is located very close to Heathrow airport and 1 block from the underground,near by has a lot of markets and the area is quiet.The hotel is very clean and the service very helpful,I really recomend this hotel,affordable and nice.

Room Tip: the rooms are a little small but very clean
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2011

The staff at Days are wonderful-helpful and congenial. The neighbor hood has a great bistro that serves a tasty English brkfst-muffins/croissants/and sandwhiches. The coffee drinks are a morning lifesaver. The central tube is just down the street-across from the bistro. A 45 min ride gets you to the sights of London. There are several other eateries in the area also. It was easy to get to from heathrow by bus or the central line getting off at the hounslow central station.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My son and I stayed here in early September 2010 and found it to be clean, spacious and comfortable with everything we needed for a night's stay before catching our flight at Heathrow the next morning.The WIFI was excellent and they even lent us a cord we needed. We had a quiet night's sleep not bothered by the loud noise of aircraft as we have been at some hotels close to airports. We took the tube to Heathrow which is only a 5 minute walk from the hotel and about a 15 minute ride on the tube to the airport. The staff at Day's Hotel were very helpful and pleasant. We would definitely stay again, and actualy would love to stay for a visit to London but it is too far from the city centre. However, that is what makes it so convenient for Heathrow

Room Tip: We read in reviews to make sure we didn't get a room above the bar.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2011

....I booked this hotel after reading reviews on this site...and I was pleased to find that the complimentary postings were indeed....accurate! I stayed for a week, and enjoyed the experience. Although there were some minor concerns with the room, i.e...the interior door lock would not latch, nor did the safe work...but these concerns were offset by having a clean comfortable room and bath with a great shower and plenty of hot water. Housekeeping was excellent and every member of staff with whom I came into contact was professional and friendly, particularly Kahlin at the front desk. By the was, you may have read on a previous post that the ASDA store (British Walmart with great prices on food and liquor) is ten blocks distant...WRONG! Step out the front door of the hotel, look straight ahead and the large white building two blocks away is IT! The neighborhood has a diverse population and is great for people watching....Tesco for food needs....two blocks....Yates pub also two blocks....both to your right as you exit the hote and both greatl. There also, you will find High Street with a qazillion shops and an indoor mall.....even a Starbucks for those of us who are not always fond of what the Brits call coffee. With the 'tube' two blocks from the hotel and three stops from Heathrow, or a straight shot into Central London going the other direction on the Picadilly Line...this hotel works for me.....and oh, did I mention...the price is right. I'll be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo