“Excellent value for money in working class neighbourhood”

Ramada Hounslow - Heathrow East
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Reviewed 15 September 2009

After a 10 min ride from Heathrow I arrived at 12 p.m. thinking I would stow my luggage and head into the city, but I was pleasantly surprised to hear that my room was ready and I could check in early at no extra cost. I had room 117 which didn´t have a nice view but, who cares? I didn´t spend my time hanging out by the window. I can see how some travellers might find the area a bit rough looking, it is a working class neighbourhood, but doesn´t look any different to other working class neighbourhoods in the UK. I have studied in London and lived in different areas, so this didn´t stir me. I wouldn´t call it dodgy and as a woman travelling alone at all hours, I felt perfectly safe. There are lots of people walking around including familes with children, people obviously on their way to and from work and even a few joggers.There is a 24 hour ASDA grocery store a few blocks away, many off licences/groceries between the tube station and the hotel. I didn´t have a car, so didn´t have any problems with parking. The high street doesn´t have much to offer, you probably wouldn´t spend your time shopping there as there just isn´t a lot of choice-but there is a Clark´s shoestore, a McDonalds, a Starbucks and several inexpensive fast food options, so it´s easy to pick up breakfast, a sarnie etc.
The room was very quiet, the planes were never too loud, in fact I felt that even outside the planes were very quiet, but I grew up in the middle of several Air Force bases. I do agree that rooms were spacious for Europe, and clean comfy with ample storage space. The only thing I didn´t like was the small, flat pillow, but compared to the rest, that really was minor. Tea was replaced everyday and the kettle was always clean. Walk out of the tube station, turn left the hotel is a large brown, brick building about 150m down the street on the right side. There is no elevator or escalator at the station so be prepared to lug your stuff up and down stairs. The hotel however does have an elevator. It´s 35 minutes to Piccadilly and I would recommend the hotel to people wanting to sightsee in London. The distances may seem long, but you absolutely will not find a budget hotel this afforadable in the city centre. I spent my evenings in the bar talking to other guests from other parts of the UK, Germany, and the US, a nice way to unwind after a long day in the city and your room is just an elevator ride away..

Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 August 2009

Great Value, near to Hounslow Central Tube, clean, helpful staff, quiet - couldn't ask for more.
Yes, it is in a slightly dodgy area - but never felt intimidated.
Thanks

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Stayed in this Hotel for 3 nights, and i was surprised how clean it was. I saw other Hotels in London, and this is far the best I ever stayed in, in London. Clean, nice staff, just great.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2009

Stayed here for one night prior to an early flight from Heathrow. 40 minute ride on the Piccadilly line from Kings Cross/St. Pancras. Very easy to find hotel from Hounslow Central tube station - walk out of station, turn left and it's a three minute walk down the street. WARNING: there are no elevators at Hounslow Central - two sets of stairs to negotiate with heavy luggage was not easy, although other helpful passengers did help me both times I had to negotiate the steps.
Hotel staff was friendly at check in and helpful later when I asked about local shops. Room was clean but on the small side - even more so as we had an extra child's bed set up in the room. Free WiFi! (Access to WiFi ran out at midnight rather than the following morning - no doubt I could have obtained another password from reception but with our early flight we didn't have time to do this.) Room was at the side of the hotel and very quiet - no noise from outside at all.
Not in the greatest neighborhood - nothing bad, but some sad looking empty buildings about a block away.
High Street was a few minutes further down the road - supermarkets, shops, fast food etc.
Didn't eat breakfast at the hotel although it was offered.
All-in-all great value ($45 for three people) for the convenience of being so close to the airport, which was about a 10 minute tube ride away. I would definitely stay here again if I needed a hotel close to Heathrow.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2009

I booked this based on TripAdvisor reviews and was not dissapointed. The hotel is of a far higher quality than the price/star rating would lead you to believe and having stayed in hotels all over the place, I can say this was first time for a long while that I actually got a pleasant surpirse!!!!

The rooms are a good size, modern and clean. The staff are all very friendly and the prices for food/drink are reasonable. Free WiFi access makes a big difference as well, especially when most hotels in the uk charge £15 or £20/night.

The car park is tiny and although I was lucky this time to get a space every night, it would not surprise me if I could not get a space. There are plenty of spaces outside on the street, although there are parking meters, so you would need to be up early to avoid a ticket.

The only bad thing I can say is that the area around the hotel is not one to be savoured, but Hounslow Central tube station is 100 yards from the hotel, so it would easy to pop in to central london if you were here and wanted to go out at a night or to do some sightseeing.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2009

I was very happy with the Days Inn, Hounslow. It is located about 100m from the Hounslow Central tube station (in the direction of Hounslow Town Centre). The walk from the tube station to the hotel is not the most pleasant - there is an abandoned building along the walk. However, in the other direction from the hotel is the town of Hounslow with a nice pedestrian shopping street and a couple of very nice pubs.

The hotel itself is excellent, in my opinion. Air conditioning, internet (both wireless and wired) and new. The internet is free, which is not always something found in the UK. I did not have a car, so I did not get involved in the parking situation.

I would especially recommend this hotel for folks with an early departure from Heathrow. In the past, I have really struggled with options for early departures (especially on Sunday mornings, when the trains and tube start running a bit later). There is a night bus (route N9) that has a stop about one block from the hotel in the town, and this will run to Heathrow regularly during the overnight hours.

It was easy enough to get into London, and I did the normal things including attending the theater, and did not have to worry about getting the tube back at night. (And if you do like to stay out late, that N9 bus will run from Trafalgar and Picadilly.)

Overall, I was very happy with the Days Inn Hounslow.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank bobby_l
Reviewed 10 July 2009

Have just returned from this hotel, luckily only after a one-night stay there. I had called the hotel prior to booking to check that car parking was available. I was told that there would be a £15 charge for parking there for 24 hours. Upon checking in at the hotel, we were told that, even though we had paid £15, if we went out in the car from the hotel within the 24 hour period they could not guarantee that there would be a space available upon our return!!! So why on earth are they charging customers £15 for a car space that cannot be guaranteeed!!! We saw other disgruntled customers complaining when they returned to find their car space had gone!! Their system clearly doesn't work and needs rethinking. The hotel room was basic but clean. The area of Hounslow is awful and very intimidating. No wonder we had security chains on our room door and the car park had gates that came across after a certain time at night. Never again!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple