“What a find!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Cheshire
“What a find!!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Whilst staying at a very local hotel with a small group of work colleagues, we decided to check out the Moniz.
What a great little place. It's a little shabby at the edges, but has a good atmosphere, friendly staff and absolutely great food.
As a group of 3, we shared a starter of olices and bread, which was very good, and easily enough as an appetiser. We all had different main courses; I forget what my colleagues had, but I though I would go typically Portugese, and tried the sardines. My meal was excellent, the fish were grilled to perfection, crispy outside and succulent inside, served with new potatoes and a salad. One of the nicest meals I've had for a while.
A couple of beers each and a bill for £20 a head including a generous tip. Amazing value for such a good meal.
I'll be back.

• Visited June 2014

Accrington, Lancashire
“Like Madeira......But Without the Views!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Outstanding value at this wonderfully atmospheric Portuguese café/restaurant on Bath Road, close to Heathrow Central Travelodge and several other hotels.
The food has a heavily Madeiran slant and evoked memories of a few great meals on that wonderful island. The prices took me back to that holiday too........
Huge steaming bowls of Caldo Verde soup with sliced sausage weigh in at an incredible £2.50. Mains are generally around the £8 to £10 mark and are massive, well-cooked mountains of delicious food. Herself had a spatchcocked spicy chicken while I had a piquant pork casserole.
Service was attentive without being intrusive.
Two starters, two mains, three pints of Superbock, two coffees and two brandies just broke the £40 mark.
Fabulous value, will definitely return and would unreservedly recommend

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank swampbeastie
Redhill, United Kingdom
“Portuguese paradise”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

What an amazing find in the most unexpected of places. This restaurant serves absolutely luscious food. The restaurant itself is bistro style with mostly Portuguese clientele, a real delight. Next time I will try the flaming chorizo. Thank you Moniz.

• Visited May 2014
Cheshire
“Felt like I was in Portugal!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Eat here with my son as an alternative to the premier inn we were staying at, and so glad we did. Just 10 minutes walk down Bath road (with the airport to your right) we found this little gem. It was packed. Workers, groups of women, families.....all walks of life, but they found us a table very quickly. It really did feel like being in a bar/bistro in Lisbon or Oporto. Super bock on tap at £3 per pint, noisy chatter and laughter, mostly in Portuguese, a TV on the wall showing the football, the atmosphere was fantastic. The good was equally authentic, my son had lightly seasoned lamb cutlets, grilled to perfection and I had a huge tender beef brochette, seasoned with garlic which was delicious. Average main course price was around £10. All in all great value for money, and an excellent alternative to the mass catering of all the nearby hotels. A little piece of Portugal near Heathrow!

2 Thank UriPower
Cranford, United Kingdom
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We live just ten minutes walk from this place, and we often go there for breakfast if we don't feel like cooking one at home.

Good portions, friendly service, reasonable prices.