“Good value overnight stay”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Heathrow Central
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Good value overnight stay”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Clean room, nice welcome on arrival. This hotel is perfectly located for all Heathrow terminals. Great value for money. We did not need to use bar/ restaurant but it looked ok. Had a nice quiet night from inside and outside the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank Patricia S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Great venue, great location, whisper quiet (5th floor) no sounds of incoming aircraft.............BUT parking cost me 8 pound o/night since I didnt have the exact 7.5 pounds and the machine did not recognise my credit card. Great value - except for the parking !!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Peter T
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My partner and I wanted a relatively inexpensive and convenient place to stay when we were in London for 2 days before going to Paris, also from Heathrow airport. We figured that the location was good as there was a metro nearby (take the bus 81, 88 or 222 from across the street and ask to go to West Hounslow Station, this trip takes approx 7-10 minutes by bus and costs £2.40 per person...or you could also walk for about 20-25 minutes and get there). The front desk were pretty friendly, and the rooms were okay for what you pay for. The showers were pretty terrible, though, even for a budget hotel. The shower clogged up within 5 minutes of having a shower and i had to wait until the next day until it drained ever so slightly. It was pretty disgusting! The last room we stayed at in this same hotel looked like the carpet had water damage near the bathroom, so i am assuming the clogged showers are a very regular problem there, so that's why i didn't bother complaining. There is no phone in the room to call anyone, which is pretty strange, and you can hear planes flying over the hotel every 5-7 minutes! It was a decent price, we paid £50 per night this time, we payed £39 per night last time, though. I know it was a budget hotel, but the shower situation was pretty disgusting. Would only recommend this hotel if you are in transit for another flight.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Sophie from Customer Care at Travelodge Heathrow Central, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
We’re really sorry to learn about the concerns you have raised afia s. We expect the facilities in our rooms to be in good working order. We’d like to investigate the issues you have raised and to find a suitable resolution. In order for us to do this please could you visit our website and use the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Room was clean, TV was tiny and had about 3 pixels and the remote didn't work. The bathroom door did not close properly and the kettle was dodgy. The receptionist was very grumpy when we checked out and upon check in they couldnt recommend a taxi service to terminal 4. The air conditioning didn't work well and the kettle switch also broke. The room was decorated nicely and was a good size.

• Stayed August 2013
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Heathrow Central, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
We’re sorry to learn about the issues you have raised Katie N. We expect all facilities in our rooms to be in good working order. We would like to further understand the issues you have highlighted as we want to investigate these concerns. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to provide us with more details and when doing so please specify you have left a TripAdvisor review.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I have stayed at Travelodge heathrow central last week and I was very happy with the services provided by your staff member Bibek. I have to extend my stay at Travelodge and I booked another room online. My wife was recovering from a recent surgery and it was difficult for her to change rooms within the same Travelodge. I spoke to Bibek regarding this issue and he extended our stay in the same room instead of checking out and moving us to another room. Bibek was polite and helpful in resolving this issue. He was empathetic towards the situation and extended out stay in the same room due to medical reasons without any hassle. He is a credit to your company. Overall I am very happy with the service

Room Tip: Airconditioned rooms
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stayed here for a 6 week training course which was fairly local - this, among few of the bar staff/receptionists (Hugo and Rihannon) is the highlight of my stay at Travelodge.

I can safely say I have never stayed in such an appalling establishment. If I were to list all of the issues that I incurred over my 6 week stay I would be here forever so here's a snapshot:

1. The housekeeping STOLE 2 items of property belonging to me and my room mate - little was done to resolve this and when we went to report it at reception, we were told there was no manager on duty yet we could hear her in the back room. Her name was Shirlyn. After asking another member of staff to get the manager for us, she sheepishly showed her face. We stood and argued it out with her for a while - her reason for not coming out was she was due to clock off - this did not go down well.

2. Housekeeping are beyond a joke - apparently they change the sheets every 4 days - so if you're only here for the night..the likelihood is that your sheets will not have been cleaned!!! We repeatedly had to go down to reception to ask for clean towels and extra pillows/duvets that were not provided even though they knew the number of people staying in the room. They rarely made the beds. The bathrooms were not cleaned. The bins were rarely emptied. When complaining at reception...I was told that we had put the 'do not disturb' sign on the door....we hadn't and I can put my life on the fact that it wasn't on the door as we weren't even sure where the bloomin' thing was!!!

3. The food was pretty much you're average frozen meal you would have at home when you can't be bothered to cook! - southern fried chicken breasts and chips...we didn't venture too much on the menu as it didn't look particularly appetising. It was fairly expensive for what you were getting. I attempted to get a Meal Deal one night which consists of a meal and a drink for £x, but it came out more expensive when they rang the meal and drink separately - ridiculous.

4. A colleague of mine's booking went wrong and she managed to stay here for 3 days without an actual booking. Housekeeping continued to pretend to clean in there and no one realised until they booked someone else into her room. Luckily we were walking down the corridor when he attempted to get in his room when he was suddenly met with an unmade bed and a room full of womens clothes and suitcases etc. When she went to reception to sort this out...she was told that she had to pay for the nights that she stayed here for even though it was their mistake. She had to pay £70 a night!!!!!

5. The door keys rarely work. Their excuse is that if you hold it near a mobile phone or credit card it will stop working ( how this happens I haven't got a clue but it is very annoying when you are on the 6th floor and wait for the worlds slowest lifts to only realise you have to go BACK downstairs to get your card charged again)

6. The mattresses are definitely not 'memory foam' - more like planks of wood with a layer of sponge on top!
The futon bed in the room...is a sofa with a mattress underneath and is similar to laying on a bed of nails digging into your back! Do not let your children ( or anyone else) sleep on this unless you do not like them!!!!!

I could go on and on but I wont!

Do NOT stay here. It is a horrendous establishment.I will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ellie011292
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Heathrow Central, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear ellie011292, we are really concerned and surprised to learn of the issues you have raised. We take such complaints very seriously and we’d like to be able to contact you to thoroughly investigate your concerns. We can confirm that our rooms are serviced and the bed linens and towels are changed before our guests arrive. Our mattresses are not memory foam, however we are pleased to advise that this hotel has recently undergone a refurbishment so there are brand new ‘Travelodge Dreamer’ pocket sprung kingsize bed’s in every room. In order for us to investigate the above issues, please could you visit our website and use the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Our first impression of this hotel was of a rude, abrupt and unhelpful team member who checked us in. Breakfast was fine, but there were no staff around to help. We were due to stay for 2 days but checked out after 1 night.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Emma from Customer Care at Travelodge Heathrow Central, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear PJ Works we are very sorry to learn that you did not receive our usual high standard of customer care. We would expect our staff to be polite and helpful throughout your stay. We would like to take this opportunity to investigate the concerns that you have raised, please use the contact us button on our website to provide us with more information which will allow us to offer a resolution.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
easyHotel London Heathrow
easyHotel London Heathrow
#20 of 23 in Hounslow

Been to Travelodge Heathrow Central? Share your experiences!