There were good points about this hotel but also bad points.
1. We asked for a room with a good view of the planes and got an excellent view - planes were coming past our window all the time.
2. Excellent double glazing, the plane noise was minimal and did not disturb us at all. They were very, very close as they came past our room to land but were much quieter than when I have my washing machine on in the next room.
3. The room was clean, as were the communal areas.
4. The beds were comfortable, the duvets and pillows were lovely and the mattresses were very clean.
5. The staff that we spoke to were all very pleasant and good natured.
1. Having to pay £7.50 to park our car overnight
2. The television didn't work
3. My key stopped working and so I went to reception to report it (no phones in the rooms - they are essential really) and was stuck between two doors which both needed a key card to open them.
4. They don't have an alarm call service; this is OK if the television works as it can be used for an alarm call but as it didn't this was a problem which could have prevented us from getting to the airport on time.
5. When we arrived there was no duvet and pillow for the sofa bed. Fair enough, this could have been because we asked for a room with a view of the planes and so got a different room to the one we were allocated. However, 3 hours later the duvet and pillow had not been delivered and we had to go to reception to request one.
6. When we ordered our meal we had to do so three times before the order was correct on the computer. Then it over charged us and we had to query that, eventually it was put right.
7. My son's meal was cold, though the staff were very apologetic and he was given a free dessert (without us saying anything other than a passing comment) so the problem was resolved. To be fair, he didn't say anything when asked if his meal was OK.
8. Neither of the bedside lights worked - one had no bulb and the other didn't work. The absence of a room phone meant we couldn't report this without going down to reception again. Ditto the television not working.
Value was very good for the £22 per room that we paid, however would have been very put out if I had paid the full price for the room. If we'd paid the £78 per night then I would have expected parking to be included and certainly I would have not accepted all the problems with the room.
Also, hotels who don't put a phone in the rooms should give guests a phone number (not 0845/0800/0870) that they can use to phone reception with any problems.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelodge Hotels Ltd, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Travelodge Heathrow Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Heathrow Central Hotel Hounslow