“Worthy of a return visit”

Travelodge Heathrow Central
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I made an overnight stop on a business trip and I found the hotel to be modern, clean and functional considering the £65 bed and breakfast charge. It is located on a main road very close to the Heathrow terminals. Some noise from passing aircraft could be heard early in the morning but it was not especially problematic. The LED lights flashing every 30 secs on the smoke detector was also a small distraction. That said the room was good with a bed which was both spacious and very comfortable. Also in the room was a flat screen TV and desk. The bathroom whilst small was functional. The hotel has a spacious modern Cafe Bar serving breakfast and evening meals. There is plenty of parking in the carpark but you do have to pay. The 'pay and display' machine is somewhat infuriating. It takes coins (not notes) or cards and costs £7.50p for 24 hours. So if you are going to pay cash ensure you have plenty of change. The hotel reception is on the first floor which also houses some vending machines offering drinks and snacks. The staff that I interacted with were polite and purposeful. If in that area again I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank arh2900
Write a ReviewReviews (1,643)

Reviewed 19 October 2013

does exactly what it says on the tin.

very basic. good price. staff were lovely. great location

no computer access though

also unfortunately i had the water heater in my room, it got noisey but didnt disturb my slumber too much.

I would recommend this for a flying visit.

Room Tip: dont stay at the end of a corridor
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Meets all our needs for safe clean lodging at a manageable price. Have stayed here many times and it is consistently the best location for our needs. This location has the newer beds and decorating in rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 14 October 2013

A clean modern and efficient Travelodge which is well insulated against aircraft noise. I took a taxi from Terminal 1 having arrived at Heathrow via the tube and this cost £20, but discovered on arrival that a bus runs between the Travelodge and Heathrow. A single ticket costs £4.00 and you can purchase it from a machine in the Reception area. Not sure how I could have bought a bus ticket from the outbound leg to the Travelodge. Had I known about the service I could have looked for a machine or asked at information though.

The Travelodge also has a bar and restaurant although the food is convenient it is not particularly good and it is probably microwave heated

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin D
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge Heathrow Central, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for your review Kevin D. Whilst we are happy to hear you found our hotel to be clean and modern we are sorry to learn of the dissatisfaction with our bar cafe food. Our café staff are trained to prepare food to a great standard so it is regrettable to learn that the service fell below the standards which we expect. We will be sure to pass on your comments to the Hotel Management team so this can be addressed.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed there several times, mainly because its a few minutes bus journey to heathrow. Nice staff, they generally charge a fee for early check-in but when i got there around 11 a.m I was not even charged for that. Within minutes I had room keys with me. The rooms are generally not that clean and big but for a budget hotel I would not complain. You have bathtubs as well in the bathroom. Take bus 111 bus which will take you straight to heathrow airport.

Room Tip: try to get a room which is off the road as the road gets too busy sometimes
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed here 4 nights in early October. It's pretty basic in terms of front desk service and to the point of no telephone in the room, but the family room we had was a good size, and handled 3 adults just fine. Beds were comfortable with fresh and clean sheets. Bathroom was a bit on the small size but again, very clean. There is an in-room tea/coffee maker. Other positives were a very good buffet breakfast for less than 8 pounds.

Access to Heathrow is very easy with the Hoppa bus that stops right at the door and terminals 1, 3, 4 and 5. Location is also good to catch a bus to Hounslow West tube station (the Underground) from where you can be in Central London in 30 minutes.

A tip to pass on is not to buy their dedicated internet access. Intead, you can tap into their free wireless that is available in the cafe area. Signal may not be the best but it will save you a few pounds.

Nightly rate is very good ... definitely will stay here again and avoid the higher priced hotels 3 to 5 minutes to the west towards Heathrow. Also, cannot hear the planes at all but view from the rear of the hotel of landing planes is amazing.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear (south side) give great view of planes landing at Heathrow on runway 2/7R... so cl...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2013

When we checked we used self-service which was very good, however we went to the room and wanted to settle down and relax before an early flight the following morning. We wanted to to put the TV on and relax on the bed for an hour or 2, however we could not find a remote control? We searched the room and could find nothing. I then went to reception, I waited patiently to be seen for about 15 minutes, when I spoke to the male receptionist and told him there was no remote control he told me some rooms do not have them! I was amazed by this as there is NO MENTION on the website that this would be the case. I asked for our room to be changed for one with a remote control and I then can an even more abrupt and rude response. The receptionist told me that the hotel has over 300 rooms and therefore asked me how was he expectred to know which rooms had a remote control? Amazing! I told him I was shocked by his attitude and he smiled at me and said the TV had buttons on it so it wasn't really a problem. I then had to spend our "relaxing" pre-flight evening getting up to keep turning the TV over - THANKS TRAVELODGE FOR A TERRIBLE START TO OUR HOLIDAY!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank HoveUKCouple
TravelodgeUK, Sophie from Customer Care at Travelodge Heathrow Central, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear HoveUKCouple, we are very sorry to learn of the issues you experienced during your stay at Heathrow Central. All of our rooms should have remote controls in them, please be assured that your feedback is invaluable to us and we will ensure that the hotel manager is made aware of the comments that you have made. We do expect our staff to provide high of service at all times and offer assistance so we are truly sorry that this did not happen during your stay. We will ensure that the hotel staff are reminded of the importance of customer service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Travelodge Heathrow Heston M4 Westbound
easyHotel London Heathrow
easyHotel London Heathrow
#18 of 22 in Hounslow

Been to Travelodge Heathrow Central? Share your experiences!