“Great for Terminal 4 travellers”

Travelodge Heathrow Central
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Hounslow
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stopped here before flying to New York from Terminal 4, three of us in the room and it was £29, what more do you need?
It's recently been done up with the company's new look too so it was very clean and comfortable.
Unlike their old family rooms with the dodgy red sofa/bed, this had a new king size and two separate single beds which was much more convenient.
You can check yourself in and out so it's nice and convenient and the terminals are a 10 minute taxi ride away.
The best tube stop for the hotel is probably Hounslow West, followed by a 10 minute walk if you want to save on taxi fares.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ryan G
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Heathrow Central

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel is situated on the high st and a bus ride away from the underground. It's not too bad to get to, but awkward if you have lots of luggage. Rooms are typical for a travelogue: no frills but then if you just need some where to be for the night they are perfect, without the unnecessary extras that you didn't ask for, but they are available if you need them, which is a good compromise

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Top location with easy access to airport and cheap public transfers too and from , the hotel offers late night food and drink . Also if you'd prefer their is local restaurants and super markets within a 5 min walk .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have booked a room in your Travelodge London Heathrow Central Hotel
Hertz House 700 Bath Road using your website. The booking was for one night only from 20 to 21 June 2014. I have paid for the room via your web site and went to the hotel to check in. On arrival I found myself in the reception along with a couple of other people but no staff to take care of us. We had to wait around 15 minutes before someone appeared behind the desk after I had approached him in the bar area next door.
The person (Jay) was not nice and unprofessional from the very beginning. As it was late at night I was feeling very tired and all I wanted was to lay myself to bed. I have informed Jay about the fact that I had booked a room there and he just said :'and...?' . A bit surprised by the tone of his voice I gave him my name and mentioned that I had been waiting for over 15 minutes for someone to come to the reception. Jay then snapped and said with his voice raised that I was being abusive towards him and that he would not check me in and not give me any key to the room I had already paid for.
Believe me, I visited many hotels in my life but in none of them I had been treated this way by any member of staff, not to mention a member of the front desk personnel. He was addressing me as he was addressing his mate. It was him who was abusive and highly unprofessional. I asked for a refund as I did not wish to have anything to do with Jay or the whole 'hotel' any more but was informed that I was not entitled to any refund and if I wanted to speak to a manager I could come back in the morning. I had nothing more to say to that and left the building.
Never in my life had I experienced such rude behaviour from a person who works in customer service. He even asked me if I was Polish (as my English was not perfect) as if that had anything to do with the whole situation. I cannot understand how a person who clearly should have nothing to do with customer service can work in the front reception of a hotel and have contact with people. Such an employee gives a very bad impression about the hotel as a whole and should not have any contact with customers whatsoever. After the whole experience I felt humiliated and abused. I am sure I will never put my foot again in any Travelodge hotel and I will strongly advise everyone I know against doing so.
I had to find another room in a hotel in the area that night but I still need to go back to Travelodge London Heathrow Central to speak to Jay's manager and get my refund.
Date of the incident : 20/06/2014
Time of the incident : between 23:45 and 00:30.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank CafeMaster69
Reviewed 23 June 2014

when arriving you have parking at a premium if you have no change reception is located on the 1st floor up some stairs or a lift, to get change you need to go to the bar area , this could be upsetting if you have a family with you left in your car.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here for just one night in June 2014 and was very impressed indeed. All the staff were excellent and the hotel was spotlessly clean.

What was particularly impressive was the way that the staff reacted to a potential problem. I had booked the hotel and also pre-booked breakfast as I had to be in Central London by 7.45 at the absolute latest. The Travelodge website had advertised breakfast as being served from 5.30 but when we checked in, we were told, no, it was from 6am. I was quite annoyed at this, but the staff checked the website, apologised and after some frantic phone calling, breakfast was made for me at 5am. A great attitude to solving what would have been a real problem for me........Well done to all concerned.
Recommend you also visit the Moniz restaurant, if you are staying here.

1  Thank swampbeastie
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We arrived in London from Canada at 3pm and had a connecting flight at 7am; this was the perfect hotel to freshen up, go for walk, grab a pint, and hit a good night's sleep. The hotel is easy to find and only 10 minutes on the Hoppa Bus from Terminal 3. The reception staff was great and accommodated our request for a room with full view of landing aircraft. The hotel is clean, quiet and close to restaurants and shops. The rooms are decently outfitted and the bed quite comfortable. You get 30 minutes of free wifi and 24 hours costs £3. 30 minutes was all we needed to check our email, send out a few tweets, and check in for our connecting flight. We were able to watch the first FIFA World Cup match in the restaurant over a few pints. We got our room for 40 pounds online on a super saver promotion and I am not sure you will find a better deal. I tweeted the hotel upon our arrival and they tweeted me right back...I really love that type of customer interaction.

Now a word about how to get to the hotel. I used the Hoppa Bus website: http://www.nationalexpress.com/wherewego/airports/heathrow-hotel-hoppa.aspx to check out time and price. I didn't love the price or time from Terminal 5 so we decided to take public transit, I heard it was possible but didn't have details although this site: http://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/heathrow_local_buses.htm did help. So after some searching and trial and error...here is the scoop. Exit the airport and head to local bus stop #6-there are lots of signs so you will see it easily. You will catch the 423 which is a free bus and take it to Harlington (sorry can't remember the name of the stop because this is the point where the bus turned- we should have got off and at that moment we realized we were going the wrong direction). It takes about 30 minutes to get there. Be diligent as we missed this stop (it is where the bus turns) and had to take a scenic tour. Get off the bus when it still on Bath Road. There are any number of stops you can get off on and catch the 105 or 111. These are not free buses. One adult fare is £2.40 The ride is about 5 minutes...ask the driver to tell you when to get off and it is about a 4 minute walk to the hotel. From what I could see it was cheaper and quicker than the Hoppa. It took us 50 minutes (including getting lost plus the short walk). We did take the Hoppa in the morning. It took us 10 minutes from hotel to terminal 3 and cost 4.50 each. The Holiday Inn Ariel is the last hotel on Bath Road the free city bus will take you to.

So once you find your way you have a great hotel with enough free wifi to check email, a restaurant to catch a match, shops to pick up forgotten items, and a great Indian restaurant close by.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to watch airplanes...it is cool to be so close!
2  Thank Shelley P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Travelodge London Hounslow Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Ibis London Heathrow Airport

Been to Travelodge Heathrow Central? Share your experiences!