“A v N” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Livingston, United Kingdom
“A v N”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel was clean comfortable no complaints we went down for the Army rugby and you have everything around you needed.

However I will advise if your getting a triple room and are sleeping on the top bunk after a few drinks don't lol you will never get up there in one piece lol... I never.

Everything good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Chander Kaushik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Rude unhelpful staff who quite clearly didn't give a monkeys about the guests. Very basic room with no tea making facilities. People running up and down corridor all night. Won't be going near this place again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adolf6969
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay with us. I am highly disappointed to hear about your experience. I would like to discuss this more into details, can you please contact me on phone number 02085779137 or email h6465-gm@accor.com. Please note that we treat every feedback with utmost seriousness. Please accept my sincere apology for the experience. I will be investigating this matter further and will take the corrective actions.
Regards
Chander Kaushik

Travellers are raving about these Hounslow hotels

London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Oh dear me, when they said budget, they were not exaggerating!! It's a small room with a very small shower, toilet and washbasin- no kettle so no hot drinks , no carpet, and no hair dryer. The room and sheets were clean and looked new. It all felt very cold and impersonal, little interaction with staff, and a card controlled lift. Unfortunately, my room was next to the lift which was busy and noisy all night!
Downstairs, there is a canteen type eating area with a range of unhealthy food. Next to it is a Tesco express which has a limited and fairly naff range of food to eat in your room. So, an ideal match for this hotel! No fridge or cutlery make eating in quite a challenge.
I paid £55 for this , which is not what I consider to be a budget price for the quality of what was provided. I did notice a lot of young international visitors using it - I hope they got a better deal than I did! I would not stay here again

Room Tip: The best tip can give is to avoid this place like the plague!! if you have to stay here, make sure...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank eastlondoners
Dear Guest
Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay with us. I am highly disappointed to hear about your experience. I would like to mention that our prices are really competitive in the local market. We are known as Ibis Budget and our main aim is to provide good accommodation at reasonable price. Please note that we treat every feedback with utmost seriousness. Please do not hesitate to contact me on 02085779137 if you would like to discuss this in more details. Please accept my sincere apology for not be able to meet your expectations.
Regards
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

The staff were mostly fantastic, the exception being a couple of grumpy breakfast staff that didn't want to help - but it was early.

But the room. Oh my. I could hear the person next door unzip his bag like he was in the same room, and I didn't need the volume on my TV at all. The room stank of cigarettes. And the telephone was nowhere near the bed, so when I got called at 5am asking if I had booked a taxi, I had to get out of bed and find it. It might have been OK had I actually booked a taxi - but I didn't need to leave till 10am....

I can honestly say that I will never stay here again, no matter how cheap.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback.
May I please request you to check which hotel you have stayed in. We do not have telephones in our bedrooms.
If you would like to contact me directly, please call at 02085779137.
Chander Kaushik,
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Just after booking this hotel I received an email to say due to technical difficulties the booking was cancelled. The email went on to say that no funds were debited, oh yes they were! Sent an email to Accor almost 6 weeks ago, that remains unanswered, then sent another email 2 weeks ago, you guessed it no answer!!! My wife stayed at the Gatwick Ibis and liked it very much and gave it a glowing report, though on that occasion I was double billed. My wife stayed there again shortly after and I have a booking for the Gatwick Ibis, so if Accor treat regular customers like that, hate to see how they treat a one off booking. Attention Ibis Budget Hounslow (Accor) I want my money back that you debited from my account and you wont answer my emails, poor business !!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments.
We have received your e-mail yesterday which we have responded today.
The reason you did not get the response from Accor was that you sent e-mail to the automated e-mail which also said ‘Not to reply to this e-mail and contact call centre’
We are investigating the issue and hotel staff is in touch with you. Please be assured that I will take it matter with the concerned department to investigate.
I cannot comment on your stay at Ibis Gatwick but I hope they have resolved your issue.
I am sorry if the account has been debited after booking online and receiving e-mail of ‘technical error’
I look forward to welcoming you to stay with us shortly.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

This place is ok. Yes the toilet is very small and practically in a cupboard (I couldn't even find it when I first arrived!), no carpet, its a kind of lino stuff, tiny window, minimal space, but worst of all NO KETTLE! as a business traveller that really sucks not to be able to get a hot cup of coffee first thing. Oh, but you can you see if you go down to the reception and pay £2 for a cup from the machine.

The bed is clean and I also had a bunk bed above my double which I was convinced was going to collapse onto my head in the night and kill me dead, which of course it didn't. The TV had plenty of channels and the shower worked well and there was plenty of hot water.

Apart from one delightful man who I spoke to upon departure of my last stay as the blind had broken and fallen on my foot so I had to take him the broken bits, most of the staff are sullen and look at you like you've just ruined their evening.

But, its clean and cheap. I probably wouldn't stay here again though, unless I really had to, it's a bit of a miserable gig.

Bon voyage.

Room Tip: It's all much of a muchness in this place I'm afraid.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and I am delighted to hear your positive comments about the hotel. I will forward your comments to top management to look into it regarding kettle. I appreciate your comments regarding bed and cleanliness.

Halifax
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

This hotel is basic, the staff are all brilliant. The breakfast is good value for money.. The rooms although not huge are well thought out and adequate, thw shower is piping hot and powerful. This hotel is a small walk to the Tube station into central London..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, 28 March 2014