“Horrible hotel, horrible area, horrible room!”

Ibis Budget London Hounslow
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Horrible hotel, horrible area, horrible room!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Good points: The hotel is 10 minutes walking from Hounslow Station, and Hounslow Station is 15 minutes away from Heathrow... that's it!
Bad points:
->The room is very small, and somehow they manage to squeeze 3 beds in the room. The toilet looks like one of those capsules in Tokio's hotel. The shower is also ridicolous (What a pity I dont have pictures).
-> Price is amazing if we compare qulity/price. very expensive, not worfit al all.
-> The area. You do not feel safe in the streets during the night.
-> They have a "restaurant" with no choices at all, and a fridge we few drinks (very expensive), You got Tesco Express next door (closes at 22:00).

So If you can make a choice, make yourself a favour and please stay far from this hotel; that's my advice!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Valued guest
Thank you for the review on the trip advisor. Our rooms are standard size of Ibis Budget. This is the standard all across the globe for Ibis budget. Our product has high demand across the network. Our price as well is in line with the competition. For the best prices and offers you may always visit ibisbudget.com. We provide good selection of breakfast at very reasonable price. We do not serve dinner but we have good selection of sandwiches and pastries in our fridge. Tesco express is open till 23:00. I am also quiet surprise with your comments for the area. This area is covered by many CCTV cameras put by the local council and the police. We have many student groups staying with us and never had any issue or incident.
However I would like to apologies to you for not meeting your expectations. Hope to see you soon.

Warm Regards
Chander Kaushik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was a very good stay and enjoyed our visit to the hotel. The staff were helpful. The area has plenty of shops.
The stay maybe our last one and have used it once or twice a year over the last 5 6 years. We will need a bigger room next time and unless this hotel has larger rooms we will have to find another once. We will leave many good memories here, with great service.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I found the hotel and room itself very well priced for what I received. The staff were very helpful and provided a good service.
However the car park arrangement is a shambles!!
Car park is available to the side of the hotel at a small fee, on a first come, first served basis. Although when I arrived back to the hotel in the evening I was greeted at the entrance barrier by a member of staff saying the car park was full and that I would need to find alternative parking. I asked where and he said there was a council car park opposite bit was unaware of price. When driving out of the car park I noticed several car parking spaces were coned off & when I asked why I was told because it was for coaches arriving soon. As you can imagine I was very annoyed that need spaces were being saved and not allocated on the first come first served basis stated in the park terms & conditions!
I drove around the vicinity trying to find local parking and all the residential road are permit only and when I went to the council car park found that it was unsecured (no barrier) and was priced £9 for more than 5 hours. I paid the £9 at 9pm but the ticket was only valid until 23:59 that night!! Further to my annoyance when I went across the road to speak with the receptionist about the lack of safety for their patrons - as I was travelling with a 3 year old on my own- how would i be able to leave the hotel room at midnight to enter this unnamed, unsecured car park to validate my parking at that time in the night.. How is that safe because they are saving spaces for coaches arriving whenever.
At that point the staff were no help and I had to leave my car in that car park at the risk of receiving a ticket.
My only point is, the parking needs to be looked at, as the present arrangement clearly doesn't work!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Tashiebabes
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
First of all I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused you because of the car park availability during your stay at Ibis Budget London Hounslow. I will look into it and try to make amendments in our policy to make sure things like this not get repeated. Just for information as part of the group contract we have to make space available for the coaches. I have also spoken to the staff to know exactly what happened. Once again thank you for the time and comment about the staff. If you want to get in touch with me and discuss this matter further please do not hesitate to contact me on 02085779137. Looking forward to welcoming you back.
Regards
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Ibis Budget hotels are great values for the money and Ibis Hounslow is no exception to this with a friendly stuff and good rooms.

What I find convenient is that while I'm travelling with my family this kind of hotel can be a very good choice offering a decent quality at very low prices.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, 29 May 2014

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed at Ibis Budget in Hounslow for a night in late April 2014 traveling by myself.

Front desk (Check-in/Check-out) +++(+)
Arriving late the check-in process was average with no real information given. On check-out next morning however, staff was very nice.

Atmosphere +++
Forget the dirty, ran down budget hotels in Central London, Ibis Budget in Hounslow offers a nice, clean and most importantly, modern environment. Thank you Jesus for no UK standard textile mat in the bathroom.

Rooms ++++
The hotel offers beds with average comfort compared to budget hotels in Continental Europe (and well above standard in the UK). The bathroom was large and equipped for disabled guests. My room was equipped with a flat screen-TV.

Internet ++++
The hotel had free Wi-Fi internet, available in all areas. Working perfectly which is not usually the case in the UK.

Breakfast ()
Breakfast buffet at about £6 not included in room rate. Looked better than the average breakfast at British hotels. However, living in the UK I have been disappointed so many times and brought my own breakfast.

Parking ++
There is a parking area in connection to the hotel (bus and cars) at a charge. There is free street parking in the local area if you care to walk 2 minutes.

Location +++++
Ibis Budget is located in central Hounslow, close to the local high street, Hounslow Central subway station and Hounslow station on the overground. The hotel is about 5 miles from Kew Gardens (15 min by car) and 5 miles from Heathrow Airport (15 min by car).

Finding/Arriving to the hotel +++++
Arriving by car to the location was never a problem. Just put 20 STAINES ROAD, TW3 3JS, LONDON on your GPS. Coordinates N 51° 28' 1.90'' W 0° 22' 0.04'.

Summary/Overall view ++++
I was happy with my stay and will gladly return in the future. I recommend this hotel if you are on a budget, looking for a nice and clean and modern stay half an hour outside Central London.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Johan J
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, 27 May 2014

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed for 6 nights and I had bad back aches on all the days.
The mattress was not good.. and I had to sleep on the floor..
What started as a 'cheap' stay at 47GBP quickly climbed to 69 ...

They charge for every thing... Even a check-out at 2:00 instead of 12:00 attracted a 10 GBP charge.. maybe that is acceptable

But the staff is very good and friendly

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to apologies for the issue you had with mattress. i have pass your comments to the higher authority to look into.

General Manage