“it was ok” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
London, England, United Kingdom
“it was ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

The location is not on the main road. I am not sure if there's any restaurants in the hotel. I was too tired when arriving there.
I agree the room itself might just look like a box.
It is quite small but you get what you pay for.
I stayed there one night and needed to go to T5 in early morning at about 5 AM.
The staffs were very friendly and helpful. One of them even helped me take my heavy luggage to upstairs.
The room was very basic and clean.
It could be a bit cold when you wake up. But I found there are some heater outside.
It takes about 15 mins by mini cab to terminal five and costs £9.

If you just need a very basic and cheap hotel to stay one night over, I think it might be a good choice.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ArfatQayyumGM, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the easyHotel Heathrow.

I am please to read that you found the hotel met all of your requirements.

The hotel does not have a restaurant on site although we do have snack & drinks vending machines.

The hotel can also provide a takeaway breakfast for £5 or takeaway dinner for £10 - both excellent value for money!!!

I look forward to welcoming you at the hotel in the near future.

Arfat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Douglas, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I was booked to fly to Bucharest on 22nd March from London Heathrow , Due to a severe weather forcaste , I decided to drive from Scotland to London heathrow on the morning of 21st March and stay overnight near Heathrow . Using the internet , I found it difficult to find a vacance at such short notice but found a room at The Easy Hotel Heathroww , which I booked on line at what apeared to be a very reasonable rate of £36 for the night . For this price , I can not critisise the accomodation which is very basic but I had one of the worsed nights sleep I have ever had in any hotel. There were people shouting , slamming doors and running in the hallways all night .
I left the hotel much earlier than I needed to, as it was more pleasant to sit in Terminal 4 Heathrow than be in this place . Never again will I consider to use an Easy Hotel . The following night I was in the Crown PLaza , Bucharest , at a cost of about twice but I felt I had left a third world country and arrived at a first world country .

Room Tip: the best room , your car in the carpark
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Peter H
ArfatQayyumGM, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the easyHotel Heathrow.

I am concerned to read that your quality of sleep was affected by excessive noise coming from other residents and would like to apologize for this.

We do aim to ensure the comfort of all of our guests and ensure that incidents of noise are few and far between.

Please feel free to contact me should you wish to discuss any points in more details. My email address is gm@easyhoteloffers.co.uk.

I hope that you would give us the opportunity to make your next visit more enjoyable and look forward to welcoming you at the hotel in the future.

Daventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

We stayed for one night prior to jetting off to warmer climes and it really was just the ticket.
No frills, bed comfortable, room had a heater which was adjustable and it had all bathroom facilities (but on the small side). The cost was very competitive as it included a weeks car parking.
There is an excellent pub that serves food, the White Hart, within easy walking distance on the main road.
The staff were very helpful and polite. The taxi service which they organised was on time and cost £8.50. When we returned we took a normal taxi from Heathrow which cost £13
I would recommend this hotel for those wanting value for money - but don't expect the Ritz

Room Tip: Rooms with their own independent heater give you control to suit your needs
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the easyHotel Heathrow.

I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel perfect for your requirements whilst staying in London.

As you correctly mentioned, we aim to offer clean comfortable accommodation in close proximity to Heathrow Airport, whilst also being excellent value for money.

I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

Oh you just have to go here just for the experience! If you ever made a den out of box when you were a kid, then this is a grown-up version! I have stayed here a couple of times and if you want somewhere to sleep, you don't have too many bags, you are not going to eat and you are not partial to watching TV then this is the place for you. Somehow they have managed to cram a bed into a kind of plastic escape pod. There is, of course no window, which surprises me. If the 'easy' model is followed faithfully there should be a window with an automated blind and a coin slot that gives you 10 mins of open blind for £1. Forget the idea of swinging a cat, you won't get anything more than the slimmest of kittens into the room and you definitely could not swing it. Still there is room for about one suitcase on the floor. You would need to move it though if you want to get to the toilet. Still there is a toilet, shower and sink in a kind of alcove with a door. The bed is comfortable, everything is clean and the shuttle to the airport is cheap but needs to be per-booked, so what more could you want? A TV? There's one of those, but you have to pay for the remote control if you want to turn it on! Per-booked as somewhere to get a few hours sleep between flights, I think this is fine, as long as you don't suffer from claustrophobia. If you are looking for a family hotel for a holiday in the London area, go somewhere else.

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank TopWomble
Dear Guest,

I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel excellent value for money.

The rooms are all designed to be functional and comfortable making the hotel an ideal stopover when travelling from Heathrow Airport.

The charge for the TV is a £5 refundable deposit. We also provide free use of a hairdryer and iron should that be required.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel in the near future.

Arfat
Somewhere east of London.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

Having previously stayed at the Easy hotel Heathrow i knew what to expect, a small functional room for the night. I must admit that i did turn up after my own leaving party at work, so i was somewhat intoxicated, but i booked my taxi for the morning with reception, and got my key. Reception staff were fantastic. Went to my room, dumped my bags and decided upon a shower. It may of been my intoxication, but i was unable to adjust the shower temperature easily, and it took both hands to turn the nobs. The towel was frayed also, and i noticed the toilet had not been flushed after the room was cleaned, so i was greeted by someone elses log in the toilet. I was unable to find any kind of temperature adjustment in the room, and upon leaving the shower found it uncomfortably cold. I dried quickly and jumped under the quilt which i will admit was very thick, and warm, so i quickly forgot about the temperature in the room. Upon looking up i noticed that my room looked out into a field, and decided to close the blind, there was no chain present so i had to pull it down by hand. In the morning i noticed it was supposed to have a chain attached, so was forced to roll it up by hand it what i then rediscovered was a cold room. Taxi was on time, driver was professional, taxi in very good condition, and unlike last time i stayed (2010), i paid the driver rather than the hotel. To sum it up in one sentence: Near the airport, and if you can't get anything else around for sub £40, go for it....... just don't expect too much

• Stayed November 2012
      Cleanliness
ArfatQayyumGM, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 23 February 2013
Dear Guest,

I am happy you found the room good value for money and that it is not your first time at the hotel. Some of our rooms are not fitted with individual temperature controls. The room temperature can be adjusted by the front desk staff so please feel free to ask them to adjust the room temperature to your requirements. Alternatively we do have additional heaters available for our guests.

We do aim to ensure that all our rooms are 100% functional so I would be grateful if you could let me know which room number you were staying in so that we can get the shower checked and repaired if required.

We look forward to welcoming you at the hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

This place is the essence of functional: the room is a little larger than the bed (a proper double bed with comfortable sheets), your own shower room and free wifi (even if you can't access it in the disabled room). The only downsides are that it does feel as though you're in some semi-distant future functional world along the lines of Bruce Willis' home in the 5th Element. No disappearing shower here though. The have a handy taxi deal for getting back to the airport but be warned that you will normally be sharing the taxi run with other people. This is very sensible for them and for the environment but if you're the last terminal in their loop (as I was) then it can take almost an hour to make it to your part of the airport.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ArfatQayyumGM, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Dear guest,

I am pleased that you found the hotel accommodation and excellent value for money.

We do try to keep costs down (and do our bit for the environment) for our customers and that is why we offer a taxi shuttle to and from the airport.

We look forward to welcoming your back to the hotel in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

Helpful staff.
Basic but perfect for somewhere to sleep before our flight, the rooms are very cold but for what we paid for the room can't complain too much!
£5 deposit for the remote and £6 extra for parking that wasn't made clear when booking.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HaninderSachdevaGM, Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm sorry that you found your room cold - we have additional heaters at reception for guests to use should they feel the need.

The £5 deposit for the TV remote control is refundable so in essence we do not charge for TV (unlike ALL other easyHotel's).

We do charge £6 per night for car parking which are the cheapest parking prices locally.

I am pleased that you found your stay good value for money & look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Arfat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Ibis Budget London Hounslow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (M4/J4) Hotel

Been to easyHotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!