“You get what you pay for, so dont expect much” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of easyHotel London Heathrow

easyHotel London Heathrow
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
Kuching, Malaysia
“You get what you pay for, so dont expect much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Booked this place as i was looking for somewhere to stay a night for a stopover at Heathrow.

Rooms were small, hardly enough space for luggage. There is a TV in the room. Wifi access is limited to 30 minutes. Toilet was small, there was brownish water resurfacing after i flushed it.

Heathrow airport is a 20 minute bus ride away. There is a pub across the road with reasonably priced food.

Well, for 25 pounds a night.. you get what you pay for. So, cant complain much.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SAAD I, Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted with your positive feedback. Thank you for your comments. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Saad Iqbal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night as it was just over the road from a Christmas party I was going to. For those wanting to use it before a flight from Heathrow it is a 5-10 minute drive from the airport (depending on if you get stuck at the traffic lights!).
I was in a room on the first floor. There is no lift so if you can't climb stairs or have lots of luggage you may want to request a ground floor. The staff didn't explain where my room was on check in so I saw a lot of corridors! There are two vending machines, one with cold drinks & snacks and one with hot drinks. There is also a kitchen where you can prepare your own food and apparently you could get ready meals to heat up from reception. There is an outdoor seating (smoking?) area also.
I was there on my own and I felt that just for me the room was fine, however I think it would be too small to share comfortably with someone else. I had a room with a window and a double bed. The room felt much like an inside cabin on a cheaper cruise line! The bathroom was very small, you could probably sit on the loo whilst having a shower, but the water was hot (wait a couple of minutes for it to heat up - don't get all impatient like me and risk 3rd degree burns) and it did the job. There is body/hair wash and soap provided. I had one bath towel and one hand towel. The bath towel was a large sheet, which was nice as I find hotels usually go for the smaller size, and although they were quite thin they were clean and dried me off. I don't know if you would get double the amount if there were two of you booked in.
There is no cupboards or wardrobes, just a big hook/hanger on the wall and two compartments under the bed, the larger of the two big enough to store a suitcase. There is a television (you don't have to pay extra for it anymore) and it had the basic freeview channels available. There was a plastic vanity shelf and mirror next to the bed which was fine for using to get ready to go out.
The bed was very comfortable, but is puched against a wall so could be inconvenient of there were two of you. The duvet was very warm, thick and snuggly and it smelled lovely and fresh. One thing I will say about the hotel is that everything in the room was very clean (there were a couple of burn marks on the vanity, but that did't bother me). It was quite cool in the room so I would recommend warm pyjamas! You cannot control the heating/cooling yourself, I guess it's all done centerally. One issue for me was that the walls were very thin and I could hear the people in the room next to me coming in (door slamming) talking and then getting rather friendly! If I stayed here again I would bring ear plugs and that would resolve the issue, no problem. The landing I was on only had 4 rooms so I did not have people walking past in the night. As a woman alone I did feel a little wary but the door had an inside lock and a spy hole. The only other problems were that the extractor fan stayed on in the bathroom all the time so I was aware of the hum of that and the main ceiling light in the bedroom had an odd green glow which stayed on throughout the night. It wasn't bright, more like illuminous, which I found odd.
I was torn between rating this hotel 3 or 4 blobs, however, it was cheap and good value for the price paid so I went for 4. I liked it better than Travelodges I have stayed in, including in the Heathrow area, which are a similar price. I would definitely stay in an easyhotel again if I was travelling alone, but if I were with someone else I would try to see if they had rooms with two double beds in.
In the area there is a pub, The White Heart, which serves food. There is also a co-op supermarket a few minutes walk away, and a little further along the road is a fish and chip shop, an indian takeaway and a few other shops. For these head out of the close that the hotel is off of, onto the main road (Harlington High Street) and turn left.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a window if you get claustophobic!
1 Thank Angellore78
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. As you know it is a budget hotel with just 2 floors that's why we do not have a lift. Normally we try to check-in the guests on the ground floor with more luggage. We have different kinds of rooms with windows and without windows and of different sizes depending upon the needs. At easyHotel Heathrow we charge for room rather than charging double for two occupants. On a very high demand from the guests we have taken off the charges for the T.V & also reduced the prices for WIFI. I believe around this area we are the only one offering the WiFi service on such a cheap price. As per Health & Safety we are forced to push the beds with the walls so that you do not drop anything behind the beds and stay safe. The extractor has a On/Off switch right outside the bathroom in the top corner. The green light stays on all the time as emergency backup light. We do provide rooms with two double beds and two single beds, as explained earlier, it depends upon the needs. In the end I would like to say that I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hull, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Had 2 nights in this hotel with my daughters. We booked it because it was much cheaper than many other hotels in London. We all thought it was good value for money. Although we were very close to Heathrow, we couldnt hear any planes from our room. The rooms are basic but clean and modern. We had problems with the shower and the staff couldnt have been more helpful - most places would tell you that nothing could be done on a Sunday evening but not this place and the problem was soon sorted out. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment and for your loyalty to our hotel. I am really pleased to see that you have enjoyed staying with us. We all look forward to seeing you soon.

Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

It was an emergency for me. I just need one night because delay of my flight. This was very nice, clean and quiet place for being here. Staff was friendly. Helpfull with everything. No maybe when I ve been there for more days. This is a good place for max 2-3 days for staying.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SAAD I, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at easyHotel London Heathrow. I am glad to find that you have enjoyed your stay and the staff was very helpful. We are looking forward to welcoming you back next time.

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed here for 1 night when I had a stop over at Heathrow early the next morning. The hotel is in an out of the way location, at the end of a residential street. To get to this hotel proved to be the biggest problem, asked for a taxi from T5 and was told it would be around £50. You can get a hotel Hoppa bus (H1/H8) from terminal 1 or 3 which takes you to the end of the street its on for £4.50 each way. Getting to the airport, the hotel booked me a private taxi for £9 one way to T5.

The hotel itself was clean, bathroom could have been a bit cleaner though but sheets and floors were clean. Overall this hotel does the job if you just need a bed for the night, not luxury. Would use again, but would have a taxi booked in advance.

Room Tip: If going here from the airport, phone the hotel and have transport arranged prior to staying.
1 Thank Sarah-Louise M
SAAD I, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Looby,

Thank you very much for finding the time and reviewing your recent stay with easyHotel London Heathrow.

I am delighted to read that you found our hotel good and rooms to be tidy and clean. We offer basic concept that allows our guests to design their stay and to meet their individual requirements, offering optional add-ons should the guests require these but never forcing any extra charges.

We offer internet from the kiosks that are serviced by outside company that sets their prices as well. We also offer WiFi from £5 / 24 hours that can be purchased at any point of your stay.

We will be more than happy to welcome you on your next visit of the city.

Kind Regards,
General Manager.
easyhotel London heathrow.
UB35DX
02088979237
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I booked the easyHotel Heathrow because I wanted a cheap place to stay, near the airport before an early flight out.

First, the description of the distance from the airport seems to be as the crow flies, rather than as the cab drives, so much of the cost saving over mid-range hotels, which are accessible by shuttle buses, is lost in the cost of the taxi.

Second, the actual cost of the room is quite a lot higher than the advertised rate once various extras, such as the booking fee, have been added on, and finally, although this was by no means my first stay in a budget hotel, it was by far the most uncomfortable.

The room was freezing and there appeared to be no means of heating it. When I complained to the receptionist, she said, "yeah, weird, isn't it? Someone else complained so I turned up the heating but it doesn't seem to have made any difference."

The floor is covered with a plastic material, which gave me cramp it was so cold. The bathroom is around the size of the average dog basket and there is no shelf space to put anything. Compare that with 'business hotels' in Japan, which cost the same price and the difference is astonishing.

Should you decide to stay there, I suggest you take warm clothes and slippers. easyHotel? I shall remember it as freezyHotel.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
SAAD I, Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at the easyHotel London Heathrow. I appreciate your comments, and would like to take this opportunity to apologize if your stay was not as comfortable as you had hoped on this occasion.
I understand that some of our rooms/bathrooms are small however; we provide all the information regarding room dynamics on our website so that our guests are fully informed before booking. Also we offer the lowest prices for our guests that other places are unable to offer and because of this we have to charge extra for the non-essentials which is clearly stated on our website.
I am very sorry to hear that you were cold during the night. The temperature in the rooms is controlled through reception and can be switched to warm or cold upon request. However if our guests still find it cold we do provide spare duvet covers as well as pillows free of charge and eve portable radiators which also can be requested at the reception.

Ones again, please accept my apologies and thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

easyHotel London Heathrow
02088979237
gm@easyhoteloffers.co.uk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Having stopped in most budget hotels throughout the country, the Easy Hotel was a first for me.

I wasn't expecting a 5* hotel but I do expect some level of cleanliness.

The hotel advertises a "free towel service". Now I stayed here for 4 nights & no one even came in our room to change towels never mind clean. Obviously I know you get what you pay for, but having stopped in travelodges premier inns & the like they all service the room daily & for a similar price.
If you're only stopping 1 night prior to a holiday this wouldn't be a problem, I was in the area working so I had the same room all week.

I know for certain I will not return as I was totally put off by the easy experience, it's a great concept but unfortunately it doesn't work.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SAAD I, Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for leaving us with your feedback. Please accept my apologies as you did not enjoy your stay. The hotel does offer free towels & sheets which you can collect from the Reception at any time. After 2 days you can ask for free cleaning and we do not charge extra. My utter most responsibility is to keep my guests happy when they arrive and the same when they check out. You can contact me on my personal account i.e. gm@easyhoteloffers.co.uk and I will try my best to make your next stay wonderful.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Ibis Budget London Hounslow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (M4/J4) Hotel

Been to easyHotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!